Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 202601 times)

Offline Bigmurph

Re: Local Eyesores
« Reply #630 on: April 05, 2014, 10:31:07 pm »
Yes the waste ground to the side of the station is a blight on the lovely town of llandudno and people should to be forced to sort it out.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #631 on: April 17, 2014, 02:09:18 pm »
The llandudno benches will be arriving very shortly I believe they will be going in the front glazed concourse we will still be on site for a few weeks doing snagging and clearing site.

Any update on the Llandudno benches please?

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #632 on: April 17, 2014, 05:34:25 pm »
On behalf of myself and Buckingham Group Contracting I would like to thank the townsfolk of Llandudno for all the support and positive feedback we had while working on the station, it has meant a lot to us and also it made sure that we did our best so we didn't let the town down, It's was strange driving home today I will miss Llandudno it's been a part of our lives for 14 months and it's all been good , keep up the good work on the forum and good luck to everyone.
Regards Mike Murphy BGCL.

Offline Jack

« Reply #633 on: April 17, 2014, 05:52:09 pm »
You've all done a great job - station looks fantastic  :)  $thanx$

Offline hollins

« Reply #634 on: April 17, 2014, 05:54:38 pm »
Farewell Bigmurph and good luck with your future projects. I hope you will be able to have a nice break first though.
Buckingham are lucky to have such a conscientious employee.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #635 on: April 17, 2014, 06:40:04 pm »
All the very best Mike.  Good to have met you a couple of times and I hope we may see you at the official opening. 
Your up-dates from "on the ground" have been much appreciated.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #636 on: April 17, 2014, 07:34:40 pm »
On behalf of myself and Buckingham Group Contracting I would like to thank the townsfolk of Llandudno for all the support and positive feedback we had while working on the station, it has meant a lot to us and also it made sure that we did our best so we didn't let the town down, It's was strange driving home today I will miss Llandudno it's been a part of our lives for 14 months and it's all been good , keep up the good work on the forum and good luck to everyone.
Regards Mike Murphy BGCL.

All the best Mick!
Valar Morghulis

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #637 on: April 18, 2014, 09:31:03 am »
Thank you all we have enjoyed our time in your lovely town, the benches are due at the end of the month I believe also to Steve if you could pass on our thanks to all the lads in the box you lads have been great and made the job so much easier.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #638 on: April 18, 2014, 10:20:17 am »
Thanks for your interesting posts. I had to drop someone at the station last week and was most impressed. Great job.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #639 on: April 19, 2014, 12:19:39 am »
BigMurph,  it would be great if you and your lads could come back and build a nice replacement for the derelict Pier Pavilion site which was destroyed about 19 years ago now.

You are welcome!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #640 on: May 02, 2014, 11:50:43 am »
Just left Llandudno by train (not permanently, you may be pleased to hear) and saw that there's a lot of work going on in the old carriage sidings. Track is being lifted, moved about, new sleepers are piled up. What is the purpose of all the work?

Offline dwsi

« Reply #641 on: May 02, 2014, 03:39:22 pm »
Just left Llandudno by train (not permanently, you may be pleased to hear) and saw that there's a lot of work going on in the old carriage sidings. Track is being lifted, moved about, new sleepers are piled up. What is the purpose of all the work?

Making space for a new town beach?

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #642 on: May 02, 2014, 09:26:24 pm »
Dave they were looking at taking up 1set of sidings and re-using the good sleepers and track to have just 1set of sidings for the special trains I miss Llandudno the Huyton job is a real rail job and it is a nightmare, I think SDQ will have more information on the sidings and what's happening trackside.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #643 on: May 03, 2014, 06:28:23 am »
The track in Platform 2 was recently relaid & whilst doing that job the crossover near the buffer stops was removed, therefore there is currently no run round facility in Llandudno for any loco hauled stock. There are still 3 roads in the siding but it has been locked out of use for well over 15 years. They are now going to re-open the sidings but with 2 roads to create a run round facility in there but obviously after all this time it needs a complete overhaul.
Valar Morghulis

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #644 on: May 08, 2014, 07:42:32 am »
I was having to tell traffic in the que outside the station over the weekend there was a car park half empty and cost only two pounds,no sign saying(pointing) into station,people think its just for the station.