Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 202605 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #540 on: December 21, 2013, 09:03:01 am »
Yes, they've been much appreciated. All the best!

I* VV %0% %0% VV I*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #541 on: December 21, 2013, 10:48:43 am »
I must admit I agree with fester, I think a brand new station should have been built but I think there would have been to many objections when we finish it will have all new facilities but you will still have that red stock brick exterior which is not that nice really.

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #542 on: January 06, 2014, 09:02:52 pm »
We started back at the station today after holidays, the weather can't get any worse really well we hope so ? After 3 weeks of  high winds and lots of rain we only had 1 fence panel damaged and we also lost to safety signs if found please return them to the site office, more updates to follow within the next few weeks.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #543 on: January 06, 2014, 10:10:18 pm »
I hope the safety signs didn't blow on to anyone's head!  :twoface:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #544 on: January 07, 2014, 09:54:53 am »
Thanks for keeping us updated on progress, BigMurph.  $good$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #545 on: January 14, 2014, 06:24:03 pm »
Current progress at the Station. The new Station Roof looks great:

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #546 on: January 15, 2014, 08:16:34 pm »
Great photos once again dave, paving to the front is going well we start paving under the canopy later this week,work on the roof is nearly complete, the second fix is underway on the inside of the building we hope to start laying the vinyl floor coverings next week. Dave next time you are down let me know we have some spare orange ppe I can give u a guided tour of the building.

Offline OrmeMac

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #547 on: January 21, 2014, 05:44:09 pm »
Will the large clock be going back once the work on the railway station has been completed?

And what about the old station seats? Last time I was there they had been replaced by modern metal monstrosities and the Llandudno ones had been dumped in a fenced-off part of another station further down the line.

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #548 on: January 21, 2014, 08:16:52 pm »
A new clock will be fitted over the new few weeks it will be in the same position as the old clock, there will be new seats fitted in the concourse and under the refurbished canopy, I don't know what is happening to the old llandudno benches it would be nice if they were returned to the station I will try and find out over the next few days.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #549 on: January 22, 2014, 09:44:04 am »
Let's hope Network Rail arent flogging them off on ebay to raise a few quid...  :laugh:

Offline llewelyn

« Reply #550 on: January 22, 2014, 12:47:16 pm »
Drew the reclaimation expert would buy them, he loves stuff like these. :D

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #551 on: January 22, 2014, 02:40:54 pm »
A new clock will be fitted over the new few weeks it will be in the same position as the old clock, there will be new seats fitted in the concourse and under the refurbished canopy, I don't know what is happening to the old llandudno benches it would be nice if they were returned to the station I will try and find out over the next few days.
What happened to the old clock, I would like that?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #552 on: January 22, 2014, 02:59:32 pm »
One is in theback yard of the museum.Bench that is.

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #553 on: January 22, 2014, 07:53:30 pm »
The old clock wasn't very old and was made of fibre glass it was damaged when we were shotblasting the steel beams over the concourse, the clock was only fitted 15 years ago the same company are supplying the new clock. Still no word on the benches I wouldn't be surprised if they are owned by the council they would look nice painted up in the new colours of maroon and buttermilk.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #554 on: January 23, 2014, 12:46:51 pm »
I don't suppose any interesting old railway relics were found when clearing out the old buildings?