Author Topic: Llandudno railway station  (Read 202615 times)

Offline Bigmurph

Re: Llandudno railway station
« Reply #555 on: January 23, 2014, 09:20:31 pm »
Dave we never found anything interesting we found a few old bottles and an old Lms oil can everything was given to the museum. The llandudno benches will be getting restored and returned to the station , also from the 17th February to the 10th of March there will be no access to the station for cars as we will be working in the road doing the bus stop and new kerbs and finishing the car park entrance, there will be temp traffic lights so please allow an extra few minutes for your journey there will be more information over the next week.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #556 on: January 23, 2014, 11:59:30 pm »
A new clock will be fitted over the new few weeks it will be in the same position as the old clock, there will be new seats fitted in the concourse and under the refurbished canopy, I don't know what is happening to the old llandudno benches it would be nice if they were returned to the station I will try and find out over the next few days.
What happened to the old clock, I would like that?

You are obsessed by timepieces man!  :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #557 on: January 24, 2014, 08:26:26 am »
I had heard some of the old wooden desks had been recovered for use on the Llangollen Railway.

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #558 on: January 24, 2014, 08:48:32 pm »
All the old station furniture was given to the railway society including the microwave and fridge they took everything that was usefull.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #559 on: February 04, 2014, 01:26:12 pm »
Can somebody tell me again why the transport hub was scraped,never seen such a mess for such a small project,im glad its getting done but we(llandudno) got shafted again with this project.

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #560 on: February 04, 2014, 09:30:14 pm »
Wrex  there will be a bus stop and provision for taxis and parking so I think it can be called a transport hub as for the mess for such a small project  I have been off for a few days back in tomorrow I will sort the mess out if I can.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #561 on: February 09, 2014, 08:33:59 am »
Glad to see the signs up directing passengers,it must have been very awkward if you were;nt local to understand how to get to the train.Sorry Bigmurph when i said it looked a mess i meant the whole scheme and that,not litter or owt.

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #562 on: February 09, 2014, 08:03:22 pm »
Wrex u were right it does look a mess at the front at the moment we have removed the 4 big site cabins and have moved into a couple of small cabins so we can work our way upto the road, the CCTV column has been moved all toilets have been installed along with cubicals and vanity units the slate floor has been laid on the internal glass waiting room.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #563 on: February 09, 2014, 08:44:40 pm »
I used the Station on Friday and it all looks fine to me. Entrance area was a bit muddy but work is progressing well.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #564 on: February 09, 2014, 09:21:26 pm »
Big Murph, may I ask... when the project is finished, what re the plans for car parking.  (No your decision I realise)

You see, my wife often travels from Llandudno on business, and has always been able to park her car high up on the platform (for free), and conveniently collect it when she returns.

If that facility were to be removed, or parking charges on the station introduced, then I feel she would simply stop using the train and drive to her meetings instead.
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #565 on: February 09, 2014, 09:42:51 pm »
I suspect it will be difficult to drive up on to the platforms in future unless you drive, professionals style, through a glass window!

The Professionals Theme Tune

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #566 on: February 09, 2014, 09:47:31 pm »
Ha ha..... well, that's a shame, and one less regular passenger for Ariva Trains. 
Fester...

Offline Bigmurph

« Reply #567 on: February 10, 2014, 06:07:11 am »
Fester what I have heard about the parking charges they will be low they are not allowed to make a profit on the parking for 5 years I believe because of the funding that has been given for the facility I hope this helps .

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #568 on: February 10, 2014, 08:53:25 pm »
Murph, you are indeed the fountain of all knowledge!

Yes, that is potentially good news, but I will reserve judgement until we see what they mean by 'non profit making', and how they calculate that.

If it was the County Council (which I know it isn't), they would be falling over themselves to rip off tourists and locals alike.

Thank you very much for the info!
Fester...

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #569 on: February 11, 2014, 12:20:59 pm »
Surely non profit making should mean free? What are the costs - it doesn't need to be manned