Author Topic: Football  (Read 244155 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: Football
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2011, 10:49:43 pm »
Fester, I have had a season ticket at OT for over 20 years and I have never seen a fight either inside or outside the ground.

Because, being a home supporter you are able to leave when the final whistle blows.

Do they still keep away fans behind, locked-in until the majority of home fans have dispersed?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2011, 10:53:20 pm »
More interesting than the game actually.

*&(

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2011, 10:58:36 pm »
I have to say that I was involved in a physical assault  at Old Trafford. I had borrowed a couple of season tickets in the main stand (not too far from the dugout and Sir Alex) from a friend and season ticket holder who was away on holiday and said I could use them for the match against my team Bolton. I took my son (a Liverpool supporter) to share in the experience and unfortunately we scored first. The physical violence was from my son  elbowing me  and trying to hold me down from standing up and cheering the goal. We lost 5-1 in the end but with Bolton you've got to celebrate when you can.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2011, 11:01:52 pm »
people were getting badly hurt, and it went on for a long time.

Reminds me of Bash At The Beach 1999  :laugh:

:laugh:

Offline Trojan

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2011, 11:03:14 pm »
I have to say that I was involved in a physical assault  at Old Trafford. I had borrowed a couple of season tickets in the main stand (not too far from the dugout and Sir Alex) from a friend and season ticket holder who was away on holiday and said I could use them for the match against my team Bolton. I took my son (a Liverpool supporter) to share in the experience and unfortunately we scored first. The physical violence was from my son  elbowing me  and trying to hold me down from standing up and cheering the goal. We lost 5-1 in the end but with Bolton you've got to celebrate when you can.

:laugh:

Offline Trojan

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2011, 11:04:29 pm »
Did you go to Old Trafford in the 1980's Bri?  ;D

1985 - manchester united {Red Army} vs whest ham {ICF}

Offline Trojan

« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2011, 12:27:14 am »
* Contrary to what Andy Swallow (I'm sure it was him) said. The ICF obtained absolutely no "result" in Manchester that day*

Offline Trojan

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2011, 03:40:59 am »
Well what 'd ' ya know, it appears it was Mr Swallow. He appears to be the Vice Chairman of Grays Athletic FC now.

How times change. (and not a grey hair in his head  :D)

Andy Swallow

Offline dwsi

« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2011, 01:57:56 pm »
Changing the subject a bit
Good luck to Swansea in the Championship play-off final today. C'mon the Swans!!  $walesflag$

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2011, 02:24:41 pm »
Did you go to Old Trafford in the 1980's Bri?  ;

Yes, with the gentleman who used to take you there and back in a blue minibus in the early eighties.  ;)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2011, 10:17:49 pm »
Changing the subject a bit
Good luck to Swansea in the Championship play-off final today. C'mon the Swans!!  $walesflag$

And didn't they do well - won 4 - 2 (Scott Sinclair got a hat-trick including two penalties) - so off to the Premier League now.

Cardiff have 'parted company' with their manager Dave Jones because they 'didn't make it'.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2011, 11:35:39 am »
In the old days when I was a Man Utd fan I've got a photo of the Man Utd players Tommy Taylor, Roger Byrne etc when they stayed at the Towers Hotel in Trinity Square.
Dennis Pearson owned the Hotel and as he was a Leader in the Boys Brigade when I was there,  so it helped me to get the photo.
Unfortunately I can't seem to find the photo now, but can you imagine the modern day Prima Donnas staying there?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2011, 12:56:32 pm »
Hugo, a few years ago I met an elderly gentleman in the waiting room of the doctors’ surgery when it was down at South Parade.

He told me he had given a photograph of Duncan Edwards and a few other Busby Babes standing on Llandudno Pier in the fifties and he had given it to Dr Emmett, where it took pride of place on the GP’s wall for quite some time.

I still have many autographs of the United Team including matt Busby which I got in the changing room of Maesdu Golf Club in 1963 before Bobby Charlon told me to leave.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2011, 03:33:04 pm »
That must have been the same year Bri because I remember them going to Maesdu too.   I'm afraid that I didn't see the team play live until after the air crash.  My father took me to see Utd at home v WBA  and Maurice Setters was in the WBA side (He was a dirty b******)  but Utd signed him up not long after that.
When Setters joined Utd, I was just outside the ground and I can remember his exact words to me when he saw me.
"F*** Off"   he said,  but after all I was sitting on the bonnet of his Renault Dauphin car.     ;D

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2011, 04:02:24 pm »
It was the 1963-64 season, Hugo, because I wrote the year on my school exercise book.

On the way home from JBGS, the Crosville bus stopped at the bus stop by the hospital and three of us jumped off when we saw them all on the golf course.

Mr Charlton was much more polite than that to me, Hugo.

Mind you I was only being a nuisance in the changing rooms and I did not sit on his car.

Funny how in 2003, I was invited as a top table guest to the Palace Hotel in Manchester for a luncheon to celebrate the 35th Anniversary of the team winning the European Cup.

That day, the majority of the winning team were on my table.

I got all their autographs and a great many special photos as well.