Author Topic: Roads in the area  (Read 374010 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Road conditions in the area
« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2011, 08:45:47 am »
Tell him to inspect at 4.00 in the afternoon.   Lunch time is probably the quietist part in the day!   :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2011, 04:10:15 pm »
I recieved an email fom Colin Gilligan, the park manager, yesterday,
"Can you please advise some more details of what you state is a 'disgrace'. Is this to do with entering or exiting or both? Also is it to do with the time sequencing of the lights or are you referring to something else?
We referred this matter to Highways Department of Conwy Borough Council last year and got the following comments in the reply:
Since receiving your e-mail we have undertaken two observational surveys around 13.00 last Friday and Saturday. At the time of the surveys no problems were evident.
I also mentioned your comments at this week's meeting of the Llandudno Development Partnership Transport sub-group and all present felt that there is not a problem.

A follow up email had the following response:
We have no operational need to call our signals contractor over to Llandudno at present and cannot justify the expense of a special visit to view an alleged problem which might not be present when he is on site.
If you could provide the information requested below ie specific instances of when the queuing is believed to be excessive (ie days/dates/times), then we could time an inspection accordingly.
I have been to site several times since we spoke last and I have not witnessed any excessive queuing at the Charlotte Road right turn. I believe one of your complainants has suggested that traffic has been stationary on Conwy Rd (southbound) and Charlotte Rd with nothing apparently happening. This can occur if a pedestrian has pushed a crossing button, but has crossed in a gap in traffic before the pedestrian phase turns green. There is no controller that I am aware of that can compensate for this.
Finally we had the response below to a further follow up email:
I acknowledge that you did complain earlier in the year about the Charlotte Road signals, but that related to the inbound queue from the Links Roundabout direction. I personally visited site on consecutive Saturdays after you raised the issue but found no evidence of that stream being unduly delayed.

Coincidentally I also attended a meeting of the Llandudno Development Partnership this week and a quite contrary view was presented, namely that the major car parks were all working rather well at present. Clearly there will be certain peak times such as half term and Christmas when the signals simply can't handle an overload of traffic and the retail parks become a victim of their own success. With the present road layout and hardware we simply cannot guarantee delay free exit from the retail park on a 24/7 basis.

It is clear that from the above emails we have been unable to convince the local authority of our percepption and firm belief that there is a problem with the sequencing of the traffic lights.

I have copied in Chris Pastori of Conwy County Council in this email."

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2011, 10:34:47 pm »
 :o Not really shocked just disgusted,CCBC take 2000,000 pounds of Parc Llandudno,they screw visitors to Llandudno by charging to park on the prom, then decide they will not bother with the electric car park signs,WHOOPEE for CCBC,TAKE TAKE TAKE from Llandudno with nowt in return. :rage:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #168 on: July 01, 2011, 09:05:12 am »
I've just got details of a very nice house in the Valley of the Racehorse which has given me the urge to consider moving from this great and wonderful resort back to the Country of my birth.   :D

Then I for one, and her indoors for two, won't have to put up with the constant failings of the Local and County Councils any more.    :rage:
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #169 on: July 01, 2011, 10:37:20 am »
I have to say, in spite of the various council's failings, this is still a fabulous place to live  8) 
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2011, 02:14:10 pm »
That isn't a new phenomenon, either; in the late '80s, a model train business moved into premises on the now defunct Platform 3 in Colwyn Bay (our kids were little, I loved trains, and it was nearing Christmas, so I was there quite a bit!) and they also ran a very bust mail-order business.  Given how sparse the interest seemed every time I popped in, it was certainly the mail order side keeping them afloat.
Photo of the train that was displayed at Platform 3:
clwyd - preserved 0-6-0t within colwyn bay station early 93 JL

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2011, 06:15:18 pm »
Photo of the train that was displayed at Platform 3:
clwyd - preserved 0-6-0t within colwyn bay station early 93 JL
[/quote]

I've enjoyed many  great meals in those carriages on Platform 3.      :)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #172 on: July 29, 2011, 09:49:23 pm »
 :D A Mr Colin Pastori from highways has agreed to meet me outside Smyths toyshop on Sat 26 Nov to see how bad it is to get out of Mostyn Champneys when busy and to show him the dangers on the Mostyn Broadway exit,you watch it will be dead that day and i will look a right idiot. :-[

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #173 on: July 29, 2011, 09:50:11 pm »
 $walesflag$ 4 pm  D)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #174 on: July 29, 2011, 10:27:48 pm »
That's a long time hence Wrex. Could he not manage a Saturday before then? He must have a full diary!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2011, 12:33:01 am »
That's a long time hence Wrex. Could he not manage a Saturday before then? He must have a full diary!

It should be very busy with Xmas shoppers at that time of year... so he may well see a great example of how bad it is, and it really is bad sometimes.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2011, 07:53:48 am »
:D A Mr Colin Pastori from highways has agreed to meet me outside Smyths toyshop on Sat 26 Nov to see how bad it is to get out of Mostyn Champneys when busy and to show him the dangers on the Mostyn Broadway exit,you watch it will be dead that day and i will look a right idiot. :-[

I've diarised the date!   About 4.00 p.m. is a good time.

Why on Earth don't they install a time lapse camera for a couple of days, that would give them all the information they need?
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #177 on: July 30, 2011, 10:51:47 am »
   :-[ Sorry his name is Chris not Colin,and i did request a November date,unfortunately there may be a few empty units with the rumours about Comet,Iceland and Rosbys so who knows how busy it will be. ZXZ

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #178 on: July 30, 2011, 11:54:32 am »
Could always get the local (or not so local) car clubs to drive round and round the block.  Sort of fabricating the evidence like wot some official organisations do!   ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #179 on: August 01, 2011, 11:11:42 pm »
We enjoyed the opening night of the musical 'Dreamboats and Petticoats' at Venue Cymru this evening and on the way out at 10pm I could not help notice several cars were parked on the road in Champneys Retail Park from Mostyn Broadway over to Conway Road.

It is the first time I have seen it but it reminded me of my prediction last December.

I wonder if this practice will begin to catch on in daylight hours for workers in Llandudno with further parking restrictions in the pipeline for the more popular streets.

As a result of the new parking restrictions on Mostyn Champneys, it is quite possible motor vehicles will begin to park all along both sides of the road leading from Mostyn Broadway to Conway Road.

Remember where you heard it first.