Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664105 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #5010 on: March 28, 2014, 02:50:17 pm »
Yep that's the one.....Bruce Jones.  I have to admit at first I really thought he was a class A pillock, but when you talk to him when he's not three sheets to the wind, he's actually quite a nice guy.  I like him now hehe
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #5011 on: March 28, 2014, 03:16:00 pm »
Yes you are both right I should have read the whole of the first line of his entry in Wikipedia then I would have used his correct name.  $booboo$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #5012 on: March 28, 2014, 04:00:28 pm »
Well I shall be interested to see what is going to happen for a whole month-- " The Village People" working on the Clarence will  have a bird's eye view ! ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Jack

« Reply #5013 on: March 28, 2014, 04:20:32 pm »
There is a similar notice cabled tied on the lamp post at the end of Chapel Street near the labour exchange.

Offline Cat Stevens

« Reply #5015 on: March 28, 2014, 06:42:46 pm »
These filming notices are also as far as west shore

Offline Jack

« Reply #5016 on: March 28, 2014, 07:18:31 pm »

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5017 on: March 31, 2014, 09:55:05 pm »
Yorkie you would have been proud of the town council tonight,about eleven of them turned up on the beach protest,not sure where the others where,JFS sent a political message from Cardiff and poor M Priestly got a pasting but fair do;s for him turning up,unlike half of the town council.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5018 on: March 31, 2014, 10:31:03 pm »
   This post will be of particular interest to Hugo, but it will interest other forum members as well.
   Last summer Hugo came to me and said did I know that around 20/30 goats were camped out on my golf course, and did I mind if he took photos of them. Of course I said no, go ahead.
   When he came back he said what puzzled him was they were all  billy (i.e. male) goats. He said he couldn't understand that, and I certainly had no idea. However in todays Daily Post is a big article about a goat count which is about to take place. And I now know that apparently the billys spend most of the year all together in groups, and only mix with the females when its mating time. (reminds me of a lot of humans I know). So, Hugo and anyone else, you will find the whole half page feature interesting.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #5019 on: March 31, 2014, 10:48:59 pm »

Offline dingo20

« Reply #5020 on: April 02, 2014, 02:35:54 pm »
I was on the golf course yesterday morning walking the dog and a Billy goat shot out from behind a tree and side swiped the dog with a head butt!

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5021 on: April 02, 2014, 08:48:02 pm »
   Its taken me ages to train it to do that. It watches out for dog walkers who haven't put any cash in my honesty box.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5022 on: April 07, 2014, 09:32:01 am »
 _))*

Offline dingo20

« Reply #5023 on: April 07, 2014, 11:24:19 am »
You'll be getting them to collect balls next!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5024 on: April 07, 2014, 11:28:45 am »
A Planning Application has recently been registered for the former Washington Nightclub:

Provision of boundary wall/railings with gated access to existing car park at the rear of The Washington incorporating re-positioning of bottle recycling bank, provision of wall to East Parade boundary with floorscaping /landscaping works to forecourt, replacement of existing access ramp with new access ramp, re-painting to the exterior of The Washington, re-positioning of extraction flue and provision of uplighters to front elevation of the building. - Internal alterations to building comprising provision of replacement of false ceilings and floor coverings, reconfiguration of internal floorspace, including relocation of kitchen, provision of vestibules, bar/servery and additional toilet facilities.(Listed Building Consent)