Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2669277 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #4530 on: November 11, 2013, 12:33:01 am »
Wrex, it was a great service today, the Prom was packed, and it was beautifully observed.  :)
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4531 on: November 11, 2013, 03:44:55 pm »
Any one noticed if the Town Council have started putting real xmas lights up yet,Oscar is having a go but it just seems to be a standing joke in the council chamber to see how far they can push their electrate,its years since i was on the council and was promised improvements but the truth is  none of them give a damn about the town.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4532 on: November 11, 2013, 03:50:52 pm »
There are TWO VACANCIES for Town Councillors to represent the Tudno Ward.  Election Packs available from Bodlondeb.   Have a go!   :D

P.s.  I got my Pack already!   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4533 on: November 11, 2013, 04:12:47 pm »
Not having a go, Yorkie, but don't you believe that Councillors should live in the Ward they represent?

Offline Ian48

« Reply #4534 on: November 11, 2013, 04:43:35 pm »
Good luck with that Yorkie, I admire your commitment to the electorate, especially considering the elections are for the Mostyn ward, not Tudno...

http://www.conwy.gov.uk/doc.asp?cat=142&doc=33681&Language=1

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4535 on: November 11, 2013, 05:06:10 pm »
Not having a go, Yorkie, but don't you believe that Councillors should live in the Ward they represent?

Many inexperienced Councillors and some members of the public think that should be the case.

However, the duty of every Councillor is to represent EVERYONE in the Town, not just those in his own Ward.  The old long standing Councillors will concur with that statement.  Looking after the interests of the Community is written into the duties and responsibilities of Councillors.

The reason for division by Wards is to ensure a fair and reasonable representation of the people of the Town.

Same applies to County and Parliamentary Elections.

P.s.  In the past I have represented Gogarth Ward on the Town Council.   $walesflag$ ZXZ  $uk
Cicero

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4536 on: November 11, 2013, 05:09:36 pm »
Good luck with that Yorkie, I admire your commitment to the electorate, especially considering the elections are for the Mostyn ward, not Tudno...

Very kind of you.  However, i live in the Penrhyn Ward.  What fantastic encouragement one gets from the Forum.   As it happens I have not decided to stand, but got the pack just in case.  I will keep my options open for now. :P
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4537 on: November 11, 2013, 05:20:35 pm »

Many inexperienced Councillors and some members of the public think that should be the case.

However, the duty of every Councillor is to represent EVERYONE in the Town, not just those in his own Ward.  The old long standing Councillors will concur with that statement.  Looking after the interests of the Community is written into the duties and responsibilities of Councillors.

The reason for division by Wards is to ensure a fair and reasonable representation of the people of the Town.

Same applies to County and Parliamentary Elections.

P.s.  In the past I have represented Gogarth Ward on the Town Council.   $walesflag$ ZXZ  $uk
Perhaps I'm being a little naive then, but I imagined a good Town Councillor would live in the Ward they represent, have a good working knowledge of issues within their Ward, be in their Ward daily, and be well known to the Electorate within that Ward?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4538 on: November 11, 2013, 05:28:56 pm »
who are the two  that have left,i know one has past away the gentleman from The Annan hotel but who is the other

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #4539 on: November 11, 2013, 06:07:33 pm »
Is it Dave Holland?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4540 on: November 11, 2013, 06:24:25 pm »
Macnamara passed away and Holland resigned.

Perhaps I'm being a little naive then, but I imagined a good Town Councillor would live in the Ward they represent, have a good working knowledge of issues within their Ward, be in their Ward daily, and be well known to the Electorate within that Ward?

I suppose in a perfect World that would fine, but we ain't.  It has also been known for no nominations to be received for a Ward, so you suggest they then don't have a representative?
Or maybe there is a better more experienced candidate in the next or another Ward?
A well known Councillor, Alan Barratt, lived on the Orme but was a Mostyn Ward Councillor.  Well liked and repeatedly elected.

Furthermore, the majority of the Town's problems are not always Ward based

If you don't think I could effectively and efficiently represent Mostyn Ward, why not just say so, instead of all this beating about the bush.

>>>
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4541 on: November 11, 2013, 06:57:24 pm »
It's a general discussion about the role of a Town Councillor, nothing more. I have no idea whether you would be a good Councillor or not and it's not really a concern of mine, being honest.  $good$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4542 on: November 11, 2013, 07:34:03 pm »
Dave a good town councillor would come on here and explain why they have bad xmas lighting ,why they can do nothing about the pier pavillion,why Venue Cymru Arena is failing,that is what a good councillor would be.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #4543 on: November 13, 2013, 04:11:02 pm »
This afternoon at about 2.30 whilst driving along the promenade, I saw a small group of men standing on the pavement close to the Lifeboat Slipway, as if waiting for transport or to be picked up.  They had with them a number of largish net sacks which, at a guess, I would say contained mussels.

I was not aware that mussel collecting was allowed on North Shore and I would certainly not eat any from there.  Does anyone know if such activity is allowed?   WWW
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4544 on: November 13, 2013, 04:31:06 pm »
Can any one shove a firework up the Jacksie of this council over xmas lights they are si uninterested it hurts.