Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2665805 times)

Offline romanjohn

Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #3405 on: January 22, 2013, 03:44:14 pm »
Would this work for llandudno. In Portsmouth all our floral displays roundabouts baskets on the lampost ect. the sea front are sponserd by firms in and around the city and the xmas lights its worth a gamble get every one involved. Wake up the council  AGAIN. Do llandudno JUSTICE The Jewel in the crown of Welsh seaside resorts.    ROMANJOHN                                                                                                                                                                                 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3406 on: January 22, 2013, 05:15:02 pm »
It's a good idea, John, and one that I've put forward in the past.

It would be very simple for CCBC to have a section of their website listing all the flowerbeds available for sponsorship, together with the fee payable. Companies or even individuals could then buy the sponsorship, in return for a small sign on the roundabout. At a time when funds are apparently very tight, I find it amazing that obvious ideas like this one are not implemented.  &shake&

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3407 on: January 22, 2013, 05:21:42 pm »
The Council web site, is badly constructed, devoid of useful information, is mostly out of date, and does not have anyone able to maintain it.  It is full of errors, spelling, grammar and facts.

The whole thing needs to be redesigned and maintained with up to date information, or just kicked into touch.   Other Councils in the County seem to be able to make good use of their web sites and put Llandudno to shame.     :rage:
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3408 on: January 22, 2013, 05:30:21 pm »
You're talking about the Town Council website, I think, which is pretty poor in terms of functionality. The CCBC website is pretty good, in comparison.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #3409 on: January 22, 2013, 06:31:24 pm »
You're talking about the Town Council website, I think, which is pretty poor in terms of functionality. The CCBC website is pretty good, in comparison.

Quite right, Dave, I have been critical of the Town Council and its web site for many moons now.   I must agree the County site is fine and also bi-lingual.   >>>  $uk $wales
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline romanjohn

« Reply #3410 on: January 22, 2013, 10:12:26 pm »
Could you not ask Jason Weyman he has more go in him than the whole council put together but we have same bunch of clowns in portsmouth with a few good guys and ladies That reminds me our Council want to close some of our Toilets and charge no PRIZES  20 PENCE A GO IS THIS A  BOG STANDARD PRICE.Sorry on a bit of run there Dave hope you dont mind me bringing up   portsmouth some times will keep you posted on South PARADE PIER.   Thanks romanjohn                          This is the second time i have written this I did not log in S.O.G.                                                     

Offline Jack

« Reply #3411 on: January 22, 2013, 10:28:20 pm »
Unfortunately Jason is no longer a councillor!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3412 on: January 23, 2013, 09:14:59 am »
Most of Conwy County's toilets are going over to a 20p charge as they are refurbished. I suppose if it guarantees a clean, well maintained toilet, then its not such a bad thing.

Speaking of toilets, the Town Council run toilets at Bog Island have been closed for several months now - why?

Offline romanjohn

« Reply #3413 on: January 23, 2013, 12:21:46 pm »
Thank you jack for the info. not being local you dont  always know whats going on. I am just looking at Jason weymans  blog very informative the very best of luck to him.  Romanjohn

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3414 on: January 24, 2013, 08:52:24 am »
Does anyone know when the Daffs are due up and how they are going to promote when they come up,how long do Daffs stay for etc.This is a great idea as is the crocus they have started to put around town,i remember seeing them in Harrogate and thought they looked spectacular.I went to Dwgyfylchi a few weeks ago and was stunned to see all the daffs out in front of the church,i even went over and made sure they where real,obviously they are established but i walked along Haulfre gardens yesterday and i can see no sign of one daff coming up,i presume they have put the daffs in the gardens,back to the question how is the Daff capitol of Wales going to be promoted once the first ones appear,i am looking forward to seeing them,just not sure how you promote them in such a small timescale.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3415 on: January 24, 2013, 10:00:16 am »
I think you can get a week or two of flowering out of them at most. I'm not sure if the ones planted recently in Llandudno will flower this year?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #3416 on: January 24, 2013, 11:18:40 am »
The daffs planted this year should flower if they haven't succumbed to slugs, snails or other 'nibblers' like squirrels. When is anyone's guess, it will be a matter of keeping an eye on their progress. We used to visit the Farndale valley every year and the timing could be a month either way depending on the weather.
I lost a lot of my bulbs last year, something either nibbled at them or dug them up. This year I have planted more in pots and so far they are coming up nicely.
On the same subject ( almost) my snowdrops are slow this year and alot have transferred themselves from the soil in the garden into the slate path.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3417 on: January 24, 2013, 12:06:24 pm »
Daffs are a bit like potatoes - you can get early ones, main crop and then later varieties, so you will see some from now on till April. There should be a good show for Easter this year with it being at the end of March.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #3418 on: January 24, 2013, 04:38:11 pm »
Llandudno, Dog Poo capital of Wales http://youtu.be/Nd1jz1Co1iM

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3419 on: January 24, 2013, 09:45:19 pm »
Sorry,is it me and just me or does the fact that Llandudno town beach is void of sand and yet we read tonnes of sand for Colwyn bay beaches.CCBC are just beyond me,but where the hell are our councillors on this one?.