Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2666203 times)

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2520 on: June 18, 2012, 10:02:11 am »
We can also expect complaints from the cycling fraternity as their rights to freely cycle on the promenade yesterday morning were greatly affected.

We were watching by the start/finish line and one or two cyclists didn’t care two hoots about the runners and some were as young as seven or eight years of age in the supplementary one mile race. :cyclist40:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2521 on: June 18, 2012, 10:17:36 am »
Talking of cyclists (I am one very occasionally!) we saw yet another cycle race using the A55 yesterday, I find it hard to believe that they are allowed to race on the public road let alone be allowed on the A55 which is in all but name effectively a motorway ??? 
Also one of my pet hates, along the prom from Penrhyn Bay to Rhos on Sea, a cyclist on the road riding alongside a perfectly good cycle path  $angry$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2522 on: June 18, 2012, 10:40:43 am »
They quite regularly use the A55 between St Asaph & Abergele for time trials on a Sunday morning. There's only a couple of small stretches that are governed by motorway restrictions so I guess the rest of the A55 is legal for cyclists though I would never recommend it to be honest.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2523 on: June 18, 2012, 01:07:31 pm »
BBC1 Wales 10.35pm tonight - the "X-Ray" programme will be discussing cycling on the promenade, apparently.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2524 on: June 20, 2012, 07:40:18 am »
If you get a chance have a look at the lawns on the West parade,its where you normally see people playing games,having picnics or just sunbathing,it appears CCBC and the friends of the West Shore have abandoned it,left it to wild,there are some lovely big weeds growing on there they must be 2 foot tall some of them,incredible,as for the 4 county councillors responsible for that area they all need shooting,hang your heads in shame,Miles,Hold,Howarth,Lyon.Not sure why the large piece of playing equiptment on the park has been fenced of for over 6 weeks now,but who cares anyway.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2525 on: June 21, 2012, 09:12:06 pm »
I think the town council should pay for a wooden Alice themed statue for the West Shore and put the stone one in the libary builing and scrap this stupid idea of shoving it in the lake.When that lake freezes over the whole place is covered in rock of the beach defences to try and BREAK the ice,it will not be the only thing the kids would try and break.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2526 on: June 22, 2012, 08:17:33 am »
Apart from kids (or even adults) lobbing rocks at the White Rabbit - I wonder how long it will be before the Alice (or any other) Carving will be doing a fiery impression of Joan or Arc - November the fifth maybe??   

Or possibly there will be an opportunity for an ambitious amateur sculptor to add small modifications to them, or even school kids carving their initials!   
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2527 on: June 22, 2012, 08:53:29 am »
every statue has a CCTV on it but wether anybody is watching it is another question.On a brighter note the grass is being cut on the West Shore right now,well done CCBC.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2528 on: June 22, 2012, 09:40:08 am »
every statue has a CCTV on it but wether anybody is watching it is another question.

WHAT!!!  You mean that we are paying for CCTV to watch a few bloody statues?  And paying someone into the bargain?

Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2529 on: June 22, 2012, 09:51:24 am »
Behave Yorkie you know they have;nt even illuminated these statues let alone paying to install CCTV ,they are all within existing CCTV;s range.

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #2530 on: June 22, 2012, 12:29:37 pm »
Any one know what has happened at the Clarence end of Bodhyfrd Road. Police there all morning.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2531 on: June 22, 2012, 02:45:44 pm »
My OH was told at 7.30am when he went for his paper that there had been a mugging. How true I don't know.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2532 on: June 23, 2012, 11:13:19 am »
  Yorkie, your fears about the "Alice" statues are already coming true. Seen from a distance there appears to be one of them at the top of the grassed area in the Happy Valley. No camera around there that I know of. But three or four sixteen year old young men were intent on trying to climb on the top of it. And thats before its even completed Mike

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2533 on: June 23, 2012, 11:26:29 am »
Old winge bag here ,i have just been for a walk up the Happy Valley,pleasant enough,ok the grass has not been cut but we don;t expect that any more,but my little water feature isn;t working AGAIN,im gutted, its the only water feature in Llandudno and how many of the 30 councillors have been up to see it,to make sure CCBC are looking after it,i presome none.As i do i noticed the railings above the colonades are a mess then realised how much of the colonades has fallen of,loads of chunks missing,obviously they have not fallen on anybodys head or we would have heard about it,for now anyway.I pray for the day we get one councillor who seems interested in the tourism of this town and can even get ahead of Cll Evans.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #2534 on: June 23, 2012, 01:03:05 pm »
Wrex, it is possible for you to put details of your findings to the Town Clerk and request that it be included as an Agenda Item at a Council Meeting.   At least then it should be discussed.   WWW
Cicero