Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664099 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #2220 on: March 19, 2012, 08:03:06 pm »
Thanks BlongB, and it was nice to see you again.

I shall bear your recommendation in mind, but first I shall use this...

http://llandudno-emporium.com/onlinestore/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=95

Its available from a very friendly bald chap on the pier,  ;) ;)
It works very well for old arthritic knees... and I will be popping some on my back after my bath tonight.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2221 on: March 19, 2012, 08:11:08 pm »
I bumped into DaveR and Fester whilst out and about this afternoon. Fester, I forgot to mention that a pack of frozen peas put on your back will some times work better than a hot pack. If it's not any better in a couple of days, don't suffer give Theresa Morgans BSc(Ost) DO RGN a try, Coniston Clinic, 30 Mostyn Avenue, 01492 871912 Hope your back is better soon.

You won't find anyone better than Theresa. She is excellent.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2222 on: March 19, 2012, 09:33:18 pm »

http://llandudno-emporium.com/onlinestore/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=95
..and just £5.99 too!  $good$

Always a pleasure to see Mr. Blongb. I think we saw Bri Roberts & wife passing Caffe Nero as well?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2223 on: March 19, 2012, 09:59:10 pm »

..and just £5.99 too!  $good$

Always a pleasure to see Mr. Blongb. I think we saw Bri Roberts & wife passing Caffe Nero as well?

Yes.. it was Mr and Mrs Bri Roberts.... then we saw BlongB... then we saw Mrs Yorkie a few seconds later.
Forum members in abundance in town today!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:02:29 pm by DaveR »
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2224 on: March 22, 2012, 08:20:16 pm »
Following the post made the other day about damage to the Camera Obscura, I made the effort to go up and take a look. The roof has been quite badly damaged by metal thieves, sadly. I have notified CCBC.
News article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-17437503

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2225 on: March 23, 2012, 01:02:34 pm »
Serious house fire in Parc Bodnant this morning.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #2226 on: March 24, 2012, 12:01:36 pm »
Good to see that at long last someone has had the nouse to start clearing the "artificial" beach off the steps on the west shore.  Mind you it only appears to be four steps but that's better than before.  I bet if they were to put it back as it was in the 50's/60's and 70's it would cut down on the amount of sand being blown about.

Funny to see swans on the beach and lots of people taking photos.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #2227 on: March 24, 2012, 06:02:01 pm »
BBC News - Llandudno hotel bosses meet MP over UPVC windows row http://bbc.in/GL70t3

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2228 on: March 25, 2012, 09:52:40 pm »
 Yesterday I spotted something in Mostyn Street I have never seen anywhere in the U.K. never mind Llandudno.   But every few yards in Dublin city.
  No, nothing to do with Guinness. Its someone standing in a public place holding a pole with a signpost pointing to a destination.
  The place?  Sainsburys.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2229 on: March 25, 2012, 09:59:47 pm »
Just a promotional gimmick for the first few days of their opening. I've seen similar things with Dominos Pizza in Bangor, they have men standing at road junctions with placards.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2230 on: March 26, 2012, 10:48:47 am »
Yesterday I spotted something in Mostyn Street I have never seen anywhere in the U.K. never mind Llandudno.   But every few yards in Dublin city.
  No, nothing to do with Guinness. Its someone standing in a public place holding a pole with a signpost pointing to a destination.
  The place?  Sainsburys.
Reminded me of the poor souls who stand in Asda with a pointing hand on a pole indicating which till has the shortest queue.
I think I should feel a bit daft!-- Although I have probably looked dafter !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2231 on: March 26, 2012, 12:34:00 pm »
Llandudno Lifeboat Crew
ILB Shout: Man in water holding onto pier structure. On scene, got man on board & went to slipway where ambulance took over care of casualty.

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #2232 on: March 26, 2012, 03:02:32 pm »
Walked round the Orme yesterday it was such a nice morning and absolutely packed I've never seen so many people round there. The pier looked busy too hope Fester did well.

At last the railings behind the Goose have been painted very smart.

Usual problem of people driving down Happy Valley Road and then trying to turn round because they don't want to pay the Marine Drive toll.  Also noticed lots of cars zooming up past the Colonade.  It's so dangerous once they get in to the Happy Valley as there are so many little children running round.  Why they don't put notices at the bottom of Church Walks/ prom. saying toll road or something I don't know.  perhaps there has to be an accident first?

Also noticed at the entrance to Llys Helig Drive a new slate notice - The Old Abbey and Abbey Lodge and then underneath in red, 24 hour CCTV surveilance.  Why?  What is going on in that home?  Also that new house instead of the lodge which is awful looks half empty.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2233 on: March 28, 2012, 08:06:20 am »
Workmen were boarding up the front of the Clarence Hotel yesterday afternoon. Has work stopped because CCBC have still not provided the necessary paperwork for the main job to start?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2234 on: March 28, 2012, 08:10:58 am »
Why they don't put notices at the bottom of Church Walks/ prom. saying toll road or something I don't know.  perhaps there has to be an accident first?
I've seen direction signs on Mostyn Street saying it is a 'Toll Scenic Drive'.