Author Topic: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?  (Read 2664583 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: What's Llandudno Like Right Now?
« Reply #1995 on: January 26, 2012, 09:49:27 am »
Oh yes! a very nice pot of gold  $good$  ZXZ  <:<:<:<
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1996 on: January 26, 2012, 01:39:35 pm »
Interesting article in the Huffington post about the plans to revive the Alice connection in Llandudno:

"The Directors of Alice In Wonderland Ltd., Barry Mortlock and Simon Burrows, have purchased the Rabbit Hole content from Llandudno resident Muriel Ratcliffe, the owner of 20 years. They have launched a new Wonderland website to offer the finest Alice in Wonderland collectibles from around the world, and to act as portal to communicate new Alice initiatives underway in Llandudno. The team is working closely with the local County Council to bring an updated Alice trail to Llandudno. It will be a walking trail with 10 to 12 key places of interest that will depict the connection of Alice to the town. The new age trail will feature high tech interactive activities and will be open to the public in fiscal 2013/2014. Llandudno's existing railway station is also undergoing a major redevelopment. It will become the start of the trail. Mortlock and Burrows' coffee shop, currently housed within the town's large Waterstone's bookstore, is also being revamped "Alice style", which no one will be able to miss since it will be the final watering hole at the end of the Wonderland trail. Muriel Ratcliffe will stay involved in their plans to bring the strong Alice connection back to the town of LLandudno. Ratcliffe explains, "I get phone calls and emails to this day asking if the attraction is still open.""

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/c-m-rubin/alice-in-wales_b_1208046.html

http://www.wonderland.co.uk/

Rather a cryptic comment posted on Oscar on this subject.! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #1997 on: January 26, 2012, 01:41:22 pm »
You beat me to it, just noticed that posting !

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #1998 on: January 26, 2012, 01:43:31 pm »
mmm---- a difficult one .

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1999 on: January 28, 2012, 10:17:36 am »
We had a great time yesterday in Venue Cymru,  we went for a walk in the morning and when I was going past VC I remembered that David Dickinson was there with the team from 'Dickinson's Real Deal' so we popped in for a quick look. There were not many people there and we watched a few deals being done and retake after retake! There are 4 separate dealers sections, each with it's own film crew, several times we were required as extras in the background, afterwards we were rewarded with free coffee & food (no entrance fee either, right up my boulevard  ;D ) After about an hour and a half we thought lets go home and find something to sell, so after a quick sandwich at home (I eat a lot :laugh:) we returned clutching valuable antiques ;)  we had our items looked at and 2 were selected to be filmed for the show, the first was an enamelled sign (Lyon's Tea) that I had bought for a tenner about 3 years ago at a car boot, Helen was doing the on screen bit and the dealer offered £60  :o  D) Helen turned to me in the background and asked if that was ok, I nodded in agreement (in my head I was screaming 'YES, YES!!! ) That was a good result!  Our other item was filmed also with er indoors but the offer was not enough so on the 28th April it's off to Morgan Evans,  Anglesey  for auction, we had a good chat with the auctioneer afterwards and we will be putting a few other items into the same auction  D)
In all a great day, cost nowt and a good earner too, David Dickinson is a total professional, going form dealer to dealer filming different deals, he was good to talk to too!               

We received a letter yesterday informing us that the programme with erindoors in it will be shown on Monday afternoon on ITV1 2pm

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #2000 on: January 29, 2012, 02:55:16 pm »
The TV will be on ready

Online Bri Roberts

« Reply #2001 on: January 29, 2012, 10:32:39 pm »
I shall be in meetings for most of the day but I am recording it with the aid of my Sky+ planner and in HD.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2002 on: January 29, 2012, 10:35:08 pm »
erindoors in HD  :o :o   only joking, she knows I love her really :)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2003 on: January 30, 2012, 04:48:47 pm »
I've watched it and recorded it but don't know who was Mrs ME but I did see a husband and wife on it that I go to coffee mornings with.   I must remember to ask for their autographs next time I see them.      :)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2004 on: January 30, 2012, 04:53:29 pm »
Mrs ME was selling the stained glass fire screen

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2005 on: January 30, 2012, 04:59:38 pm »
I thought that it might be her as she mentioned a house move.   You've gone from one beautiful location to another and I hope that you've settled in well in your new home.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2006 on: January 30, 2012, 06:05:52 pm »
Thanks, mind you soon we will be moving to Rhos on Sea! only a couple of miles away.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2007 on: January 30, 2012, 07:12:06 pm »
Got my OH to record it whilst I was doing my stint at the Charity Shop. Saw you both-- well done!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2008 on: January 30, 2012, 07:21:09 pm »
I missed it completely as I was boozing in Fountains!

However, you can see it here on ITV Player:
http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=303651

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #2009 on: January 30, 2012, 07:23:32 pm »
You weren't in the coffin that was being carted out of the side door early this morning?