Author Topic: Policing Issues Discussion  (Read 96637 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Policing Issues Discussion
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2012, 09:36:17 pm »
Thanks Yorkie for your support----especially as you have been in the Force yourself.  Mike

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2012, 04:11:16 pm »
Mike, I sympathise with everything you have been through with this incident and can understand your frustration and anger at the way you have been treated by this person.   Yorkies advice is good and based on his experience and should be heeded. I think I know you well enough to say that you're not the type of person to damage a car and just drive off but this woman has definitely overstepped the mark.

To turn this around and say on the other hand  "what if someone drove into your parked car causing damage estimated at between £300.00 and £500.00 and then drove off without leaving their details and thinking that they had got away with the damage? "
It's an offence to do such a thing but that is exactly what happened to my car in Morrisons lower car park.
Luckily for me it was witnessed by someone who left details of the offending vehicle but unfortunately they didn't leave their contact details.   The matter has been reported to the Police and the incident was seen on CCTV but the driver still denies hitting my car although her car's paintwork is still visible on my damaged vehicle.  The matter is still in the hands of the Police and I hope she gets what she deserves.   

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2012, 06:01:19 pm »
One of those occasions when one can bless the use of CCTV!   I hope you get the full compensation, plus a bit!     ;)
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Hugo

« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2012, 06:13:32 pm »
Thanks Yorkie, at the time I would have been happy just to accept an apology plus her making good the damage she has caused but I'll now let the Police deal with the matter and hope that justice is done.
I'll let the Forum know the outcome in due course.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2012, 07:32:22 pm »
Her insurance company will take a very dim view of her "hit and run" antics.  The premium will double and she will probably not get cover for this incident.    She needs to learn a lesson.      L0L   L0L
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2012, 08:35:49 pm »
I know I'm going a long way back in time but -- years ago it was generally thought that the Police wouldn't act if something happened in a car Park rather that the public highway.
  I was once involved in a car park accident, not my fault nor the damaged car. I was actually being towed by an r a c van! Then I was told that the Police didn't want to get involved because it was a car park.
  Does this still apply, indeed did it ever apply? Mike

Offline Hugo

« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2012, 10:43:10 pm »
Hi Mike,  an offence was committed when she hit my car and drove off without leaving any details even though it was in the car park.   It has also come to light following this that she has committed another offence and that too is being investigated.
I'll tell you all about it when I pop around to see you on the Golf Course.

PS     On a different note Mike, I saw your leaflet on the Great Orme Golf Course when I visited the Chip shop in Colwyn Avenue in Rhos and very impressive it was. Good luck for the coming season   $good$

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2012, 11:26:24 am »
keep your eyes peeled for camera vans! :o

Speeding drivers warned
16/04/2012
Motorists across North Wales are being warned that police officers will be out and about this week on a speed enforcement campaign.

The campaign is part of a Europe wide crackdown organised by TISPOL, the European Traffic Police Network, and is aimed at enforcing the speed limit for all vehicles and drawing media attention to the subject.

The campaign demonstrates the resolve of police forces across Europe in tackling the issue of excessive speed and to highlight to all drivers heightened chance of being prosecuted if caught speeding, especially during the campaign.

http://www.north-wales.police.uk/news__appeals/latest_news/speeding_drivers_warned.aspx?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2012, 11:33:44 am »
Two vans this morning at about 10.30 in the 40mph area opposite Bodafon Fields.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2012, 12:20:09 pm »
Two!?  One for each direction?  ???

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2012, 02:59:29 pm »
That's the idea,-- have seen them before but in the 30 limit area. Crafty move to catch drivers in both directions !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2012, 06:51:34 pm »
Two vans this morning at about 10.30 in the 40mph area opposite Bodafon Fields.

If you don't see the Arrive Alive Van and get caught there is only one person to blame - yourself.    Observation is one of the main features of driving!

The main thing to be careful of are the unmarked vehicles which vary from Skodas to MPV's.  Have a look on the Pistonheads Forum where there is a whole section on unmarked cars in North Wales. ££$

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=119&t=341112&mid=0&nmt=North+Wales+unmarked+Police+cars
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2012, 09:23:20 pm »
Why would anyone need to worry about unmarked police cars unless they were intending to break the law?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2012, 09:54:16 pm »
We can all make the odd error!   Humans are not infallible.   Also there is not one car speedometer that reads accurately, so 'tis better to be safe than sorry.     ZXZ
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2012, 10:10:30 pm »
Why would anyone need to worry about unmarked police cars unless they were intending to break the law?

We have too many speed limits (all over the uk) that have been lowered in recent years for no obvious reason, and the usual traffic travels faster than the limit, this is usually where the camera vans go to catch otherwise law abiding citizens  $angry$ Touch wood, I have not been caught for over 30 years, but it seems like a lottery (in reverse !)

I don't mind the unmarked cars as they will see the true maniacs as opposed to someone just pressing on a bit, but I do detest fixed cameras and camera vans :rage: