Author Topic: Policing Issues Discussion  (Read 96697 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Policing Issues Discussion
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2012, 06:20:40 pm »
Both Shelters were removed due to damage caused by neglect more than anything, no repair work had been carried out on them in 10 years to my knowledge. I contacted Cllr Mike Priestley about them last Autumn and he was arranging for them to be repaired subject to the money being available. Vandalism is a slight problem up there but lack of maintenance is a considerably larger one!

No point having CCTV cameras as there's no street lighting, so useless at night.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2012, 09:27:55 pm »
This  post is mega long.
  Last Thursday, 5.20 p.m., I HAD to get to W.H.Smiths in C.Bay before closing. I needed a staplier, urgent. This resulted in me being threatened with instant arrest by a Police officer. Yes, me, the meek and mild golf club operator.
 I drove down by the Library, spotted a parking spot JUST big enough with a struggle. A very smart new car with a lady in the driving seat parked, then the space, then an empty car. Just three spaces, clear road at both ends.
 So I backed in with a struggle, did a second front and back, and stopped. The car alarm went off in the empty car. I opened my door to get out but immediately on the pavement was the lady from the car in front. In an unfriendly voice "You have hit that car behind." Me: "No I havent." Lady. "Yes, you have, I saw you."
  I might add here that everything she said of any importance, she repeated a minimum of three times, up to six times, over the next half hour.
 I went to the back of my car and saw that my exhaust pipe was resting against the car behinds number plate, just touching it.
 The alarm had stopped. The woman from the car in front said, several times, "I'm going to take your cars number if you walk away." She was repeating all this, and I said "What exactly has this got to do with you?" "I happen to be a Police Officer although I'm off duty." Me: "Well I'm off to the shop, I'll be back in 10 mins if you are interested."
  10 mins later I was back. Now another lady was there as well, apparently the empty cars owner. She had reversed back around a foot or so to have a look at her car. The police lady was still going at me full strength so I said "Well I cannot see any damage to either car." "Oh yes there is" said the P.C. pointing to a mark on the number plate, about a quarter of a computer keyboard key, looked to me like a small stone mark, but not in line with my exhaust pipe, about six inches out of line. I pointed out it wasent in line, and one or the other of them said "I thought it was done with that" pointing at my towing hitch. This was even further out of line and below the level of her car, which I pointed out.
  In between all this at least THREE times this P.C. said to this lady "Are you SURE you don't want to proceed with this." And the lady replied, No, I dont want the bother, its nothing etc etc.
 At one stage the PC was on her phone, for a fair time, to someone. Now, she says to me "Name, address, date of birth, name of insurance company." I gave her my ins cert plus driving licence and MOT (not asked for) and she gave them a look over and made some notes.
  She returned them to me and started telling me to be careful I didnt loose the small plastic section of my licence and I told her in no uncertain terms that I'd had a driving licence for 60 years and Id never lost one and I didnt need advice from her.
  Now getting very nasty, shouting etc and I was getting madder and madder.
  By now the lady had got into her car but not driven away and the P.C. wandered off towards the shops.
  I sat in my car and thought I dont want to move, once I drive away the evidence will be lost. So I sat there.
  After a while I thought I will phone the police myself. Not 999, I know better than that. Whats the number. Not sure, but I'll try 101. Messagecame up "Number not in use." So I tried a second time. Same thing. So I thought is it 112. I got through to the police control room. I told them all this. I was absolutely steaming mad. The operator told me to calm down a few times. I went over and over the incedent with her, she, like the pc, kept on saying the same things all the time "If you have been in a collision you must swop names and addresses" I kept on saying that the pc had given my details to the lady, and it wasent a collision it was a touch. Then I was told off for using an emergency number. I told her Id tried 101 and she said nastily that I should be patient and wait to be answered. That did it, I told HER in no uncertain terms that the number was NOT IN USE.
  And now, who is coming back up the road was the P.C.
 I'm out of my car like a shot, phone in hand, saying "shes here, do you want to talk to her, you are just wasting my time the pair of you."   The P.C. takes my phone off me and sits in her new shining car and talks, and talks, 5 mins, 10 mins (at my expense) eventually gives it back to me.
  So me "Well thats it. I'm going."  Got in my car and looking forward as I put on seat belt said to myself, but  strong enough for my words to carry out "What a f*****g waste of time."
  My door was instantly wrenched open and our female
 P.C. "I could instantly arrest you for swearing at a police officer."  Me shouting "I wasent speaking to you. I wasent looking at you. I was just passing a comment to myself----and take your hands of my door so that I can shut it. Goodbye."
   I didnt drive away. I just sat there. Eventually the P.C. drove away. I looked at the car behind but the lady had vanished, gone somewhere. So I went home and taken the last three days to cool down.
   The funny thing was as I first parked I thought, why doesent that woman (the PC) pull forward to make it  easier for me to park. Good job I didnt clip her shining new car.
  P.S. Just thought of something else. At least three times the P.C. said "I SAW YOU. You hit it twice." At the third time I said "Whilst you were sitting in your car in front. You got eyesite which sees round bends?." My car is a big 4x4.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2012, 07:56:02 am »
Did she produce her Warrant Card to prove her identity?  If not I would report the incident to the CPO of N Wales Police.   I hope you got her car number.
 $good$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2012, 08:19:37 am »
Absolutely.  I'd follow that up, Mike.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2012, 08:31:22 am »
Me too-- she sounds a right jobs-worth !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2012, 11:59:03 am »
Did she produce her Warrant Card to prove her identity?  If not I would report the incident to the CPO of N Wales Police.   I hope you got her car number.
 $good$

In fact Mike, you could quote the posting you made here directly to the NWP email address for a start.  Don't forget to send your letter by Recorded.   ££$
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2012, 12:21:09 pm »
Hello everyone, she did start to get her card out right at the beginning but I didn't look at it. I was already annoyed at her first half dozen words. YOU have just HIT that car behind. With the tone of voice and the looks to go with it.
 If she had to stick her off duty nose in it, what's wrong with a bit of a smile and "I think you may have caught the car behind". She has an attitude problem, in my opinion she should never be in her job.
  But, I've no doubt she is in the police.  Not least because she had a ten minute conversation on my phone to the police control room. When I handed the phone to her I heard her say, in her pally voice, hello this is PC etc.
  Passing the post on to the police, not a bad idea. Except that then, at the least, I will be a marked man, and don't tell me that this doesn't happen.
No, I didn't get her car number. But, as I've said, I am quite sure she is in the police.  Mike

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2012, 12:28:23 pm »
I guess it is at a time like this we wish we still had PC Mike Smith as an active member.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2012, 12:36:15 pm »
Too true. Now there is a sensible man who has a bit of common sense.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2012, 11:44:08 pm »
Mike.... Staplers, in packs of two in Poundland!  :laugh:

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2012, 09:28:57 pm »
  I've thought a bit more about Y orkies suggestion that I email the whole post to N W Police. I thought --- if I have nothing to hide and nothing to be ashamed of, why should I worry about being critical of one police officer. So, to hell with it, Ive emailed off Mike

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #146 on: April 04, 2012, 09:37:05 pm »
Surely you don't mean you've emailed it off to Mike Smith?   Or did I misread?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #147 on: April 04, 2012, 09:50:23 pm »
The main point of this debacle is that presumably the "Police woman" was OFF DUTY.  As such she had no right to interfere in a matter in which she has no powers.  No offence had been committed unless one or other of the parties had failed to exchange details after an accident.  However, this is not always possible.

As far as I see it there was no accident, just a touch of bumpers, which after all is what bumpers are for.  Nowadays designed to take a 5 mph collision.

The Policewoman had no right to interfere in what essentially is a civil matter.   Had a criminal act have taken place then she could, in certain circumstances, take action.  Although taking any action when off duty and in civilian dress is not recommended.   And especially with such aq minor incident as Mike has described.

Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2012, 09:13:00 pm »
  The end of this matter is I sent a copy of my original post to the N.W.Police email. A quick response asking what car park it was in. Despite my Stating Colwyn Bay at one stage and outside the Public Library in the next paragraph or two.
   Obviously the reader had skimmed through, but I can understand this, it was long.
   I replied, another letter from Police saying she could not identify the lady P.C. because she may not have been from the Colwyn Bay station, but she was passing my letter on to a Sergeant who covered complaints about the police.
   Of course if she had read my letter fully she would have noticed that the P.C. and the control room were talking to each other for I stated 10 minutes. So all she had to do was ask her own Control room who they had been talking to.
   Never mind, at the end this sergeant wrote saying he had found out who it was, had spoken to her, and if I wished I could phone him to speak about it.
   I didnt wish. I wasent taking the chance that there might have been another bust up between me and a N.W.Police representative. I wasent afraid, I had just got fed up with the whole matter. If they had read my post properly I might have assumed that they now knew that they had antagonised another law abiding resident, but seeing as they obviously hadnt read it properly I just gave up   Mike

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2012, 09:24:36 pm »
I just hope that the incident has been registered at the nick. 

You certainly need to keep a note of the incident yourself, and specially include the day, date, time and place and full details of what happened.  Copy and print the post you put on the Forum which is an indication of your initial reaction and is also important for the record. 
 ££$
Cicero