Author Topic: Room with a view  (Read 254545 times)

Offline hollins

• Management board member
Re: Room with a view
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2012, 12:37:27 pm »
We have been staying at the Fermain Valley Hotel in Guernsey. Here is the view from the room and a photo of a lunch from the restaurant below.
It was in a lovely location although right under the flight path in to the airport.
We thought it a bit expensive for the relatively small rooms and the food average rather than excellent.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2012, 04:48:15 pm »
That looks very pleasant, Hollins. 

I've had a brief working trip to the Baltic Sea area of Poland, staying for a couple of nights at Kolobrzeg, which we were told is a seaside resort.  However we didn't see the sea and the only view from the room I had time to snap was this sunrise (Yorkie, please note!) one. 

Offline hollins

« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »
Here are a few photos taken from my room at St Brides hotel in Saundersfoot.
Lovely place to stay and the most impressive view. I even managed to see the sunrise one day.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2012, 04:50:56 pm »
That looks very pleasant Hollins.  Sunrises are getting a bit easier to catch at the moment, aren't they!

Offline Jack

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2012, 05:38:29 pm »
Stayed at a lovely B&B in Eskdale Green in the Lake District last night.  Red Squirrels feeding in the garden this morning as we had breakfast but too quick to get a photo of!  Instead this was the view from the bedroom window this morning before the rain arrived.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2012, 06:01:21 pm »
Here are a few photos taken from my room at St Brides hotel in Saundersfoot.
Lovely place to stay and the most impressive view. I even managed to see the sunrise one day.

That's a very impressive location for a Hotel Hollins

Offline hollins

« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2012, 06:32:30 pm »
Ha! Well spotted Hugo!
Have you stayed there too?
My room was the one under the chimney pot on the right.

Jack, what a beautiful, peaceful looking view you had this morning.
I was reading that there was some virus attacking the red squirrels but they must be okay up there hopefully.

Offline Jack

« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2012, 09:05:52 pm »
Hi Hollins, I did read in the Daily Post about the red squirrel virus on Anglesey, the guy that owns the b&b in the Lakes monitors the reds up there and helps control the greys and has seen the numbers of reds increase rapidly in the 18 months he has owned it.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2012, 10:03:45 am »
Ha! Well spotted Hugo!
Have you stayed there too?
My room was the one under the chimney pot on the right.

No I haven't stayed at the Hotel, we just had a day trip to the resort but I recognised the location from your photo and I remembered the Monkey Puzzle tree as well.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:56:35 am by DaveR »

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2012, 03:10:20 pm »
I've just had a brief trip to South Wales to visit family and stayed in a very nice B&B at The Mount Pleasant Inn in Merthyr Vale.  The view from the window across the valley was glorious with the autumn colours. 

Offline hollins

« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2012, 11:02:10 pm »
 This post should read "bath with a view."It is a hotel called Plas Rhianfa and is owned by Mike Clare who is the man who started the company Dreams beds. He has opened a group of hotels called Clarenco which are all unusual properties.
It is incredible to see what they have done to Plas Rhianfa. The restoration has been done to a very high standard and the place is full of small public rooms all beautifully decorated.
We stayed in the Duchess suite which has a bath in the bay window with magnificent views over the Menai Straits.
It is situated more or less opposite Bangor and has a nice view of the pier from the other side.
They have plans to build a new jetty which will have boats for hotel guests and a champagne bar.
We had a lovely, not over ambitious, but delicious dinner. From Sunday the hotel will be open to non residents for Sunday lunch.
The hotel only opened in June so they are going slowly, slowly to try and get things right.
Well worth a visit, beautiful grounds in a fantastic location.

Offline hollins

« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2012, 11:03:22 pm »
Plas Rhianfa

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2012, 12:27:02 am »
I am most jealous Hollins!

I saw Plas Rhianfa on Booking.com when I was planning our stay in Beaumaris last week.
I decided to go for the cheaper option and booked The Church House Bed and Breakfast, a beautiful Georgian building opposite Beaumaris Parish Church.

I took a picture of that view from our room, but I cannot compete with Hollins amazing vista, so I have deleted it!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline hollins

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2012, 07:51:57 am »
Glad you enjoyed your stay in Beaumaris Fester. It is a beautiful place.
We had been intrigued ourselves about Plas Rhianfa since June when it opened.
We have watched the prices go up and down fairly wildly as they seem to be not quite sure yet what to charge.
They have good prices at the moment for dinner, bed and breakfast and we booked directly with the hotel by phone.
Only two rooms have baths, all the others have showers and some of them are in the turrets.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2012, 08:54:32 am »
Plas Rhianfa looks excellent!! Fester, schedule a shareholders meal there immediately.