Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 372149 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Suggestions, problems and queries.
« Reply #1140 on: June 03, 2016, 05:21:47 pm »
The dash cam should provide information about where it saves the files and how the files are identified. I'd advise going onto the maker's site, look under 'support' and that should feature your model, from where you can probably download all the instructions you need. It's also wroth bearing in mind that dashcams tend to create largish files but save them in relatively small blocks - approx 3MB.

Our dashcam, a Nextbase 512, saves its files in windows thus:

C:\Program Files(x86)\NEXTBASE\NEXTBASE Replay

but it may differ on your makes.

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1141 on: June 03, 2016, 06:51:38 pm »
Thanks Hugo. Same here have not got a clue with IT.
I will have to contact Matrix Computers in Oban to see if they can help . Why when things are working fine does someone have to interfere.
 :rage:

When my Windows  7  upgraded itself to Windows 10,   the computer  was in a right mess and I had to call in an expert and that cost me a bit.    I was annoyed that it upgraded itself without my permission but now that I've calmed down a bit, the system is similar to Windows 7 so I can get by with it now.
A friend who is very good in IT has Windows 10 and he gave me some advise and that was when Windows 10 has an upgrade it can effect the system for a bit while it is upgrading so I've just got to learn how to be more patient and wait until the system sorts itself out.
I must admit that I'm not looking forward to when it does upgrade Windows 10.           :rage:      :rage:

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1142 on: June 03, 2016, 06:57:29 pm »
The dash cam should provide information about where it saves the files and how the files are identified. I'd advise going onto the maker's site, look under 'support' and that should feature your model, from where you can probably download all the instructions you need. It's also wroth bearing in mind that dashcams tend to create largish files but save them in relatively small blocks - approx 3MB.

Our dashcam, a Nextbase 512, saves its files in windows thus:

C:\Program Files(x86)\NEXTBASE\NEXTBASE Replay

but it may differ on your makes.

Thanks very much for that info Ian,  I'll  have a look for it when the weather worsens.     I just hate computers whenever I encounter a problem so I'll pick the right moment to look for it.   I've copied your instructions to make it easier for me to search for the film           $thanx$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1143 on: June 04, 2016, 07:42:48 am »
A friend who is very good in IT has Windows 10 and he gave me some advise and that was when Windows 10 has an upgrade it can effect the system for a bit while it is upgrading so I've just got to learn how to be more patient and wait until the system sorts itself out.

Alternatively, you could ditch MS completely and move to Apple or Linux. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline mull

« Reply #1144 on: June 04, 2016, 09:26:30 am »
Thanks for the info Ian.
The dash cam I have is Nextbase 402G.
Will have another go at getting it working when the weather goes off. To good at the moment to sit inside missing the sun i think this is the summer. Not been this good for a few years.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1145 on: June 04, 2016, 10:03:44 am »
The link for the 402G manual is here

http://www.nextbase.co.uk/help-and-support/in-car-cameras-series/

and the video files are stored in

C:\Program Files(x86)\Driving Recorder Player/

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
A mentally disturbed r reader of the forum
« Reply #1146 on: June 11, 2016, 09:32:55 pm »
   Just received a "delightful" email from a reader of the forum.  Of course, anonymous. I just LOVE these anonymous people.  Would this writer just do me a favour before he sends any more. Just read this. My spelling is bad. My keyboard mistakes are plentiful. And My grammar is not too good.
   Why? Because I type fast straight out of my head. I haven't got a lot of time to waste in correcting obvious errors.
   Unlike you, you strange creature. Who must have got one heap of time you don't know how to fill.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1147 on: June 11, 2016, 10:09:00 pm »
 Suggestions, problems and queries. Well I haven't got any, but one reader of this forum certainly has, in a big way. He is anonymous of course so I cannot give him a reply, but whether he is worth the effort or not is debatable.
  So I am going to give the forum a rest so as to deprive this little darling of his pleasure.
   Whilst actually typing this its flashed on my screen that he/she is at it again. Saturday night, a time to enjoy yourself. I'm off to the pub. Be writing to you all maybe in the distant future  Mike

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1148 on: June 12, 2016, 08:47:51 am »
Just read this. My spelling is bad. My keyboard mistakes are plentiful. And My grammar is not too good. Why? Because I type fast straight out of my head. I haven't got a lot of time to waste in correcting obvious errors.

Extremely sorry to hear this, Mike. And I think your writing style is fine, BTW. But if you could forward any emails you've been sent to either me or DaveR then we can examine the full headers and see if there are any clues about this disturbed individual. Eventually, we will find out who it is.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1149 on: June 12, 2016, 12:41:20 pm »
No excuse for that sort of thing!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1150 on: June 12, 2016, 02:04:36 pm »
Mike, I have no problem with your writings, in fact I very much look forward to seeing them. You have a wealth of local knowledge about which I really enjoy reading your posts. Don't stay away too long! Come back soon.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1151 on: June 12, 2016, 02:39:06 pm »
It's just so sad that an individual has nothing more constructive to do than participate in childish online bullying.    I've seen Mike's e-mail at his Golf course and it also has a go at two other people on the forum.
All I can say is that the Troll has picked on three successful and popular individuals and has done so out of his jealousy for someone more successful than himself.
Rather than get angry with the Troll just feel sorry for him, because Billy Nomates is just one of life's losers
The only thing is that he will eventually be named and shamed so he will always be looking over his shoulder.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1152 on: June 12, 2016, 02:42:46 pm »
Oh he's a loser alright, and it's a shame that his loathing for me spills out in other directions.
He's easy to ignore or filter out, but Mike shouldn't have to tolerate this type of childish nonsense.
Can you imagine what sort of lowlife coward thinks it's a good idea to abuse a man in his late 80's?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1153 on: June 12, 2016, 02:45:58 pm »
Agreed.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1154 on: June 12, 2016, 04:23:46 pm »
I know I said I was'ent going to post any more. However, I cannot resist this. One of your contributors to this thread grossly exaggerated. He writes I am in my late 80's. That's not right. I am only 84. Mike p.s. Must get this post out quick. My 85th birthday on Wednesday