Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 372332 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Suggestions, problems and queries.
« Reply #1005 on: August 31, 2014, 08:56:48 am »
Thanks very much ME.    I'm on Windows 7 so I presume that that is what the OS means.      I had an e-mail last night from my walking friend Rhuddlan and he has suggested that I get a USB card reader to transfer the images to the computer, instead of direct from the camera
I'll give that a go first before I call in someone. 

By the way I liked your photo of the Waverly, it was really good considering how far out the ship was.      The Waverley must have left Colwyn Bay yesterday as I couldn't see it from my window.

Thanks Ian,    my camera got a soaking again on my walk on Friday and the problem could well be with the camera.   I'll try Rhuddlan's suggestion first before getting someone in to look at my laptop/ camera

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1006 on: August 31, 2014, 09:24:31 am »
Try reloading the Software that came with the camera. Reboot PC and try again.

I had a problem a couple of days ago that resolved itself when I gave the connections a bit of a clean! :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1007 on: August 31, 2014, 10:05:32 am »
Hugo, have you tried turning the computer on and off again? It can often help, sorry that's about as technical as I get!  ££$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1008 on: August 31, 2014, 10:10:36 am »

By the way I liked your photo of the Waverly, it was really good considering how far out the ship was.      The Waverley must have left Colwyn Bay yesterday as I couldn't see it from my window.

Thanks Hugo! I couldn't help wondering why it was sat there and not giving rides? The sea seemed calm enough?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1009 on: August 31, 2014, 10:46:00 am »
Hugo, have you tried turning the computer on and off again? It can often help, sorry that's about as technical as I get!  ££$

ME,  it's been on and off more often than a Bride's nightie but it still doesn't work.

Hopefully I'm going to Curry's this afternoon to look at the USB card reader and see if that works.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1010 on: August 31, 2014, 11:29:16 am »
Try reloading the Software that came with the camera. Reboot PC and try again.

I had a problem a couple of days ago that resolved itself when I gave the connections a bit of a clean! :D

Thanks Yorkie, I've just tried that but unfortunately it didn't work for me so I'll get one of those USB camera card readers as I need one anyway.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1011 on: September 03, 2014, 12:40:34 pm »
Thanks everyone for the advice given on my problem with downloading photos from the camera to the computer.    I've even bought a card reader and a new cable but they didn't work so I had to admit defeat and call in the IT  man.
The solution to my problem was just to take the card out of my camera and put it directly into the socket provided at the front of my lap top and hey presto it worked!           ???     :-[       

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1012 on: September 03, 2014, 11:24:29 pm »

The solution to my problem was just to take the card out of my camera and put it directly into the socket provided at the front of my lap top and hey presto it worked!           ???     :-[       

I know nothing of such matters,  but that's what I always do anyway!...use the memory card in the laptop socket.
Or...... I simply email them them to myself, and save them, then attach them to the 'post' from the file I saved them into.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1013 on: September 04, 2014, 09:20:22 am »
Fester, you could have saved me a lot of money if you had told me beforehand.         :'(

It's so easy once you know it and I'll do it that way in future.  I use Picassa for creating my files and resizeing the photos

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1014 on: September 04, 2014, 10:58:00 pm »
Fester, you could have saved me a lot of money if you had told me beforehand.         :'(

It's so easy once you know it and I'll do it that way in future.  I use Picassa for creating my files and resizeing the photos

Sorry Hugo!  Didn't know you didn't know, (if you know what I mean)
Trojan once sent me 'Dr Pic.com'  for re-sizing,  I still use it, it's pretty good.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1015 on: September 16, 2014, 05:57:03 pm »
Over on the "Assets" thread, DVT just posted the dates for the Cambrian Rally, I did not know about this event, as I have been away, how many other events am I missing? I checked the calendar, no mention (I have put it in, along with the Wales Rally GB).  But how many others like me?
I was thinking, it would be a good idea, to have an events calendar, ideally a one page at a glance, that could be filled in by those in the know, even linked to the "assets" thread?.
Not sure if it is possible,or needed, over to ADMIN.    :)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1016 on: September 16, 2014, 06:12:28 pm »
There is a calender function with the forum software, but it's not terribly useful. The best system seems to be the 'what's on? board as recent items are always moved to the top of the topic listing.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1017 on: September 16, 2014, 06:13:23 pm »
Over on the "Assets" thread, DVT just posted the dates for the Cambrian Rally, I did not know about this event, as I have been away, how many other events am I missing? I checked the calendar, no mention (I have put it in, along with the Wales Rally GB).  But how many others like me?
I was thinking, it would be a good idea, to have an events calendar, ideally a one page at a glance, that could be filled in by those in the know, even linked to the "assets" thread?.
Not sure if it is possible,or needed, over to ADMIN.    :)

There used to be something on the home page with upcoming events if my memory serves me correctly, not sure what happened to it.
Valar Morghulis

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1018 on: September 16, 2014, 06:22:46 pm »
There is a calender function with the forum software, but it's not terribly useful. The best system seems to be the 'what's on? board as recent items are always moved to the top of the topic listing.
Thanks Ian, SDQ.  The forum calendar, could work, just needs filled in.

So anyone with events, please put in the  forum calendar.   $thanx$

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1019 on: October 17, 2014, 08:06:40 pm »
  HELP, Ian/Dave. I've just written out an enormous long post in the thread C.B. waterfront, clicked the post it button and a message came up or words to this effect "Someone else has just posted in this thread. You may want to reconsider your post."  Well I don't --- but I've lost it. Its not important, just a bit of a ramble, but I cannot be bothered to write it again, it was just thoughts as they came into my mind. Any way I can revive it? Mike