Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 372658 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Suggestions, problems and queries.
« Reply #990 on: August 29, 2014, 12:29:31 pm »
Talking about pseudonyms there may be some here who remember a Forum from a year or so ago with characters such as The Ferret and Harry Palmer, who were actually mentioned on Twitter just a few hours ago.  There was also Cwsmer, Thomas Oval, Wendy News and a few more.  As it said on Twitter, "Those were the Days!"

They were indeed!   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #991 on: August 29, 2014, 12:39:18 pm »
More like 6 or more years Yorkie !

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #992 on: August 29, 2014, 12:39:36 pm »
Three things have happened in rapid succession this past few days: someone - clearly with a lot more time on their hands than I - has been causing you a lot of problems. I believe the 'lot of time on their hands' qualifier is the important bit. You're almost certainly looking for someone who has plenty of time, is an avid Twitter and Oscar user, and someone who might possibly bear you some sort of grudge. Secondly, Oscar has closed, although not for the first time, and thirdly one member openly asked for his membership to be deleted. Is it, d'you think within the realms of possibility that there's some sort of connection?
Wise words, Ian.  $good$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #993 on: August 29, 2014, 06:42:52 pm »
Ian, have you an email address I can contact you on? 
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #994 on: August 29, 2014, 07:15:53 pm »
I've sent you an address in a PM.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #995 on: August 29, 2014, 08:22:36 pm »
   Reading this present discussion, I don't really know what its all about, but I must say it all rather smacks of Walter Mitty if I have spelt the name correctly. I do hope that I have not offended any of you, but I must say what I feel.
  Also it is obvious to me how easy it is with any anonymous thing to suspect the wrong person. I'm not saying at all that I was a suspect, but just consider the following.
  I do go to Tesco often on a Saturday morning early on. Usually for breakfast. I have often spoken to another member of the forum there. He knows I go there, as I do about him.
   I know where he lives. In fact I have visited him in the past at his home.
   But, BUT. I definitely don't have a lot of spare time on my hands thank goodness. Nor do I have hacking equipment. In my stalking days I had a crystal radio outfit with a cats whisker. Doubt whether anyone of you knows what that is. Fixed on my bike, it was. Also I do dabble in twitter and very occasionally Oscar. But its not me--honest Mike

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #996 on: August 30, 2014, 12:08:12 am »
Whoever it is that's irritating Yorkie,  I hope you are pleased with yourself because it led to 3 of our Scrabble games to be deleted!
I wouldn't mind, but I had just hit him with a 7 letter word in one of them, and I was in with a chance of winning.   &shake&

On the other thread, we talk about Big Brother creating good TV ratings.
Well, today's events on this thread have certainly generated good ratings!

CONTROVERSY  =  RATINGS!

$3towns$ $3towns$ $3towns$

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #997 on: August 30, 2014, 08:56:54 am »

In my stalking days I had a crystal radio outfit with a cats whisker. Doubt whether anyone of you knows what that is.  do dabble in twFixed on my bike, it was.

Your making me feel old Mike  :)

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #998 on: August 30, 2014, 12:25:08 pm »
Just like to say, I am grateful for the help I have received from Ian  and DaveR in the last 24 hours.   $good$
Cicero

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #999 on: August 30, 2014, 12:39:17 pm »
Thank you, Yorkie. Much appreciated.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1000 on: August 30, 2014, 07:07:09 pm »
I have tried a number of times today to transfer images from my camera to my laptop but have been unable to.   It's a process I have done often but today there has been no response from the camera or the computer.
My camera is a Canon Powershot A1100 and I normally transfer the images by cable direct from the camera to the computer.
The procedure is straightforward with the cable's small plug going into the camera and the larger plug going into the computer's USB port and then the camera is turned on and the procedure is activated on the computer screen.   This time however there has been no response by camera or computer.
Has anyone had a similar problem before and how did they get around it?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1001 on: August 30, 2014, 07:20:31 pm »
What's the OS, Hugo?

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1002 on: August 30, 2014, 08:24:21 pm »
Please excuse my ignorance Ian but what is an OS?

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1003 on: August 30, 2014, 08:56:04 pm »
Hugo, it's Operating System.  ££$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1004 on: August 31, 2014, 08:48:11 am »
Sorry, Hugo and thanks, ME. I was only wondering if it's Mac, or XP or what. If it's the first I can help, but I know nothing about anything Windows-based. Although it sounds to me like it might be a hardware problem.