Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 372410 times)

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
Re: Suggestions, problems and queries.
« Reply #960 on: August 19, 2014, 10:17:27 am »
Hi.  Can someone explain the following please,    I notice the term "add free member" I'm a "member" just wondered why the difference, is it an advantage to the forum.       $thanx$

People who are regular contributors to the Forum and give it support do not see any advertisements cropping up on their pages.  Those who post only spasmodically see the adverts.  I believe after posting a certain number of times , e.g. 250, you become adfree.   
 ZXZ

P.s.  The little envelope under your Avatar indicates you are willing to receive mail from Members through the Forum.   Click one and see.   ££$

I'm not sure how it works as I've posted over 600 times but I'm still not an Ad Free Member.
Valar Morghulis

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #961 on: August 19, 2014, 10:31:28 am »
 $thanx$ both, I thought it was as Y. said, "so many posts" will just wait and see..... $good$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #962 on: August 19, 2014, 12:31:22 pm »
I'm not sure how it works as I've posted over 600 times but I'm still not an Ad Free Member.

You are now :-))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #963 on: August 19, 2014, 12:34:53 pm »
Just to pick up on Y's comment about the little envelope: you can decide if you want to be contacted by other members by changing your 'account settings', which you find by clicking on your own name. If you deselect a little tick box against 'Allow others to email me' no one will see your email address.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #964 on: August 19, 2014, 12:47:24 pm »

You are now :-))

Ta muchly!  $thanx$
Valar Morghulis

Offline SteveH

« Reply #965 on: August 19, 2014, 06:07:59 pm »
Thanks Ian,    All in hand......... $good$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #966 on: August 22, 2014, 10:47:34 am »
Is this a quiz site or a forum? Seems to be hundreds of posts guessing where abouts places are or whatever it is you do, and a couple of posts actually having discussions.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #967 on: August 22, 2014, 11:00:07 am »
This site is largely determined by the members. How would you like to change it?

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #968 on: August 22, 2014, 11:11:19 am »
Is this a quiz site or a forum? Seems to be hundreds of posts guessing where abouts places are or whatever it is you do, and a couple of posts actually having discussions.

There is only one quiz section with a home quiz and an away quiz.  Any other posts with questions etc. are created by those who choose to ask about something another person has posted.  Not exactly a quiz!  There are, of course, other Forums with a more formal and strict code of practice, but I have yet to find one!  Enjoy what you have and don't be so pernickity. 
 :D
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #969 on: August 26, 2014, 09:22:05 am »
In case anyone is looking through the posts and wondering what is happening with Craig Ollerton, he has sadly requested that his account be deleted, so I have done so.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #970 on: August 26, 2014, 10:25:40 am »
I wonder what upset him?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline SteveH

« Reply #971 on: August 26, 2014, 10:31:25 am »
Sorry to see him go.... :(

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #972 on: August 26, 2014, 12:04:52 pm »
I wonder what upset him?

I think he has been getting a lot of "stick"from some quarters.  This happened to him a couple of years ago when he was in the throes of producing a local magazine.  He had his own Forum running at that time.  I think he went off to Blackpool.    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #973 on: August 26, 2014, 09:26:55 pm »
   Strikes me as being a bit ostentatious asking for your account to be deleted. Surely if you are fed up with the forum you just stop posting and reading and click elsewhere.
   I don't know the man, I know very little about him, but I can only guess he was hoping someone would say " please, please don't leave us."

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #974 on: August 27, 2014, 10:44:46 am »
I wonder what upset him?

I think he has been getting a lot of "stick"from some quarters.  This happened to him a couple of years ago when he was in the throes of producing a local magazine.  He had his own Forum running at that time.  I think he went off to Blackpool.    ZXZ

He got stick on Oscar's blog. Didn't see any on here.