Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 372450 times)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: Suggestions, problems and queries.
« Reply #915 on: February 24, 2014, 10:13:53 am »
Is there a prize for member no. 1,000? Current membership of the Forum is 999.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #916 on: February 24, 2014, 11:27:08 am »
Absolutely! They can give us anything they want!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #917 on: March 12, 2014, 06:00:25 pm »
I am having trouble posting photos on the forum at the moment. Is it me?

Offline hollins

« Reply #918 on: March 12, 2014, 06:06:07 pm »
That is weird, the post appears a few minutes after I had given up and changed page.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #919 on: March 12, 2014, 06:13:13 pm »
We haven't changed anything recently.  Are you trying to add it through the "Attachments and other options" link, or have you tired adding them to your album in Photo Gallery, above? Once you get used to it, the latter is the best way.

1.  Go to Photo Gallery, click on 'Home';
2.  Click on 'my albums'.
3.  Click on 'Add Album'.
4.  Create the new album, say - 'Fred'
5.  Click on 'Fred'.
8.  Click on 'Add an item to this album' or Mass upload if you want to load a lot.
7.  For single uploads, go to the 'File to Upload' bit and click Browse to find the file.
8.  Once you've done that, click on 'Submit' (Bottom RH side)
9.  Once it's done uploading, scroll down to the 'BBC Embed code'.  Copy and past that into your posting and the pic will appear.

It all sounds complicated but it's really easy, once you've done it a few times.

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #920 on: March 12, 2014, 06:14:09 pm »
That is weird, the post appears a few minutes after I had given up and changed page

Could be a slowdown in the local internet hub.

Offline hollins

« Reply #921 on: March 12, 2014, 06:17:26 pm »
Thanks for the help. The last one for the quiz went straight through so hopefully okay now.

Offline hollins

« Reply #922 on: March 12, 2014, 07:03:18 pm »
Given up on the last one destined for the Gardening section!
I am getting this message on this topic now.

There are attachments found, which you have attached before but not posted. These attachments are now attached to this post. If you do not want to include them in this post, you can remove them here.

I did try your other method Ian but I only got as far as the first line. When I clicked on "Home" nothing happened.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:07:14 am by Ian »

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #923 on: March 13, 2014, 07:13:55 am »
Okay.  I'll take a peek and see what's happening.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #924 on: April 15, 2014, 08:28:37 am »
Some of you may be aware of the 'Heartbleed' bug causing problems for website users across the world. Our Hosting Company took immediate action to patch the bug and we should have no problems here.

http://www.heartinternet.co.uk/blog/article/an-update-on-the-heartbleed-openssl-vulnerability

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27028101

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #925 on: April 17, 2014, 09:32:38 pm »
There's no messaging service now so I'll have to ask here.......can I put our fundraising effort details on here along with the links to the facebook page and the giving site please, I'll do it on a separate thread.  Don't worry if not I'll understand.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #926 on: April 18, 2014, 12:22:49 pm »
There's no messaging service now so I'll have to ask here.......can I put our fundraising effort details on here along with the links to the facebook page and the giving site please, I'll do it on a separate thread.  Don't worry if not I'll understand.

I'm for anything that is worthwhile, so you get my vote!   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #927 on: April 18, 2014, 02:54:52 pm »
Thanks Yorkie I'll explain all if I'm given permission.  All money raised will be split equally between the Poppy Appeal and the RNLI x  $walesflag$
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #928 on: June 30, 2014, 09:24:54 pm »
 A new query. Every time I want to post a reply or a new subject I have to login. I've tried clicking keep me logged in all the time but no effect. I,ve tried altering the number of hours but again no effect.
  I don't really know how long this problem has existed. As far as I know everything was o k until maybe March April time at a guess.
  Has this arisen because I was always replying to Festers posts in a nasty manner?  I know he has hidden influence onthe forum, is he trying to stifle my replies?
  I knew I should'nt have gone on about the wind farm.  Mike

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #929 on: July 01, 2014, 07:05:44 am »
This is probably a setting on your machine or browser, Mike. Try playing with different browsers and seeing if it still happens. If you tick the 'Keep me logged in' box, then the forum sets a cookie on your computer. If you have any cookie cleaning software at work, or you've deleted some then that might be the cause.  There's also the possibility of file corruption but we can't do anything from this end to change it.