Author Topic: Suggestions, problems and queries.  (Read 372638 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Problems and questions regarding the Forum
« Reply #285 on: February 09, 2011, 10:54:49 am »
I don't even tell myself who I am, safer that way  L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #286 on: February 09, 2011, 01:03:40 pm »
Thank you Ian...
I kind of got the jist from the earlier postings,  but it got ridiulously techy.
Thats a great and clear explanation.

I have decided that its too much hassle, and I will have to remain un-anonymous!

You are hardly anon. if you post pics of yourself and your good lady !!! ;D ;D ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #287 on: February 10, 2011, 12:37:02 am »
Hi Ian,

I seems that a comment or two that I made on the CCBC cutbacks thread have been deleted.
I believe that maybe one of Trojan's was deleted too.

I never had you down as an advocate of censorship, but may I RESPECTFULLY request,  that if you do feel the need to delete a posting, then the ''offending'' person could be informed, together with a reason why the decision to delete was necessary.

That would be preferable than simply guessing if one's posting has been moved, for example.

Most confusing Sir.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #288 on: February 10, 2011, 07:27:31 am »
You're quite right, Fester, and I duly apologise.  I had intended to PM you both, but things overtook me, yesterday, and I simply forgot.

It wasn't a major issue, really, but reading a couple of the comments made me feel mildly uncomfortable directed - as they were - at another member of this forum.  They'd have been fine made at the bar in a night club, but not - I feel - in a public forum and  not - specifically - when directed at another member.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

brumbob

« Reply #289 on: February 10, 2011, 07:30:06 am »
Also, when "The one that calls himself Trojan" was moderator of the Llandudno Local, one balmy California evening, he was mysteriously  unable to log in. Then, all of a sudden The Llandudno & Colwyn Bay Local's disappeared overnight. Maybe someone was privy to his password, or maybe it was a hacker?

Then Ollerton apparently walks into Kindways the next day, they start laughing hysterically at him and tell him his moderator has eliminated his forums.

I don't suppose this has been mentioned over a few beers in Llandudno town centre has it?

On the subject of disappearing forums, is this forum being regularly backed up?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #290 on: February 10, 2011, 07:32:34 am »
Yes, it is.  The provider we're with is good, and more secure than most, actually.  Regular backups are taken, which nightly get bigger and bigger :-)))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

brumbob

« Reply #291 on: February 10, 2011, 07:36:42 am »
cheers Ian, good to know everything shouldn't get lost again $thanx$

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #292 on: February 10, 2011, 07:55:56 am »
We hope! 

$drink$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #293 on: February 10, 2011, 11:03:38 am »
You're quite right, Fester, and I duly apologise.  I had intended to PM you both, but things overtook me, yesterday, and I simply forgot.

It wasn't a major issue, really, but reading a couple of the comments made me feel mildly uncomfortable directed - as they were - at another member of this forum.  They'd have been fine made at the bar in a night club, but not - I feel - in a public forum and  not - specifically - when directed at another member.

Thanks Ian.
I have to point out though, if I may, in a friendly way.. that there have been quite a few disparaging remarks made about me on the Forum in recent weeks.
I actually think it is amusing, and would never wish to discourage it.  Its called banter!
I would have hoped that that JFS, being a person standing for HIGH public office, would be equally resilient and perhaps have a sense of humour too?

Similarly, I believe that the comments made (by both Trojan and I) were actually quite positive and admiring of JFS.
However, the perception of the Moderator is more important than mine, hence why you are the custodian of the 'delete' button.

Lastly, if you believed that the comments might have prevented the fellow forum member from posting on the Forum, well she can hardly post less than NONE can she?   My comment was actually designed to do the opposite, and encourage a response.

But Hey ho.

So,
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #294 on: February 10, 2011, 08:53:19 pm »
You have broad shoulders, Fester, and can readily accept the good natured banter that comes your way.  That wasn't just good natured banter, however.  We want to encourage folk to post in here, it's true, but I'm not sure that innuendo and double entendres abut someone who hasn't yet posted are the way to go about it. And you're right; it's entirely about the perception of the administrators, and we're simply doing the best we can.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #295 on: February 11, 2011, 12:27:20 am »
 Y^^Y Y^^Y Y^^Y $3towns$ &well& &well& &well&
Fester...

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Re: FAQs: pop in here if you're wondering how to do anything
« Reply #296 on: February 14, 2011, 05:32:37 pm »
Only a little question............What does that smiley face next to "everything to do with Llandudno mean" ?
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

brumbob

« Reply #297 on: February 14, 2011, 06:35:35 pm »
doh, it means happy  ;D
If you start a new topic or reply to one you have the option of changing the standard message icon to one of the other 11 icons, it's just that nobody has bothered to do it except for the starter of this thread.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #298 on: February 14, 2011, 06:37:19 pm »
Right, cheers matey  :-*
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

brumbob

« Reply #299 on: February 14, 2011, 06:37:58 pm »
as you will see, I've used the cheesy icon in my post above and the wink icon in this post