Author Topic: Recycling across the area  (Read 104057 times)

Offline Yorkie

Re: Recycling across the area
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 01:23:48 pm »
Thank you for the advice - maybe it should have been included in the Council's instructions!   Mind you animals and birds are clever creatures - my dog could open lever handled doors even after we put them on upside down!    _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 01:59:40 pm »
Well, earlier we had the chap from the council walking round looking in the recycling bins / bags and putting leaflets through some doors (He left my flap up on the white bag, and the velcro seems crap, stuff will blow everywhere in the wind! $angry$ )

then the lorry itself appeared with some stressed operatives being told by the driver to 'run and get a move on!' after they had finished, various unhappy looking householders asking them to empty missed bags and it's a good job it's not too windy as it's left like this  

Seems an utter shambles to me, I told a neighbour this morning that a third system of stackable boxes is on the way, their reaction was 'where are we meant to put them!'
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 02:09:50 pm »
I think the main issue lies with the disparate size and shapes we're having to organise. Five or so containers, all the same size and shape and all stackable wouldn't be that much of a problem, providing they were clearly colour coded.  This current variety is tricky to wedge, especially in strong winds.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2011, 02:15:15 pm »
Organising a comprehensive system of recycling was never going to be easy....

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2011, 02:45:29 pm »
Organising a comprehensive system of recycling was never going to be easy....

especially by CCBC  L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2011, 05:14:23 pm »
Thank you for the advice - maybe it should have been included in the Council's instructions!   Mind you animals and birds are clever creatures - my dog could open lever handled doors even after we put them on upside down!    _))*

The "locking" instruction is on the top of the box.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2011, 05:23:11 pm »

Yes I see now, but as it is the same colour as the lid and as I have bad eyesight and don't read Braille it was missed.   I trust that you being so observant had yours properly secured?    L0L

Did not some Councillors and Officers of the Environmental department have very expensive trips to America and Europe a couple of years ago to look at recycling?  And was it not the same time that a certain B Bond spent over £250 on his mobile phone whilst in America and "forgot" to repay the Council!    He did in the end but only after someone bringing it to the Council's attention.   ZXZ

They are obviously emphasising the Mental part out of Environmental in Conwy.  Why the Hell doesn't the Acting Chief Executive do something about it rather than writing condescending letters to members of the community? You know who you are KF - start doing what your paid to do!   $angry$
Cicero

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2011, 06:52:19 pm »
We had our first collection under the new scheme today. Our bins are normally emptied at 7:00am but today the first lorry arrived at 3:00pm and took glass & paper, a second lorry came about half an hour later for garden waste and a THIRD lorry came about an hour later for plastic & cans etc...
I thought the refuse collectors finished about 2:00pm or 3:00pm which makes you wonder if they're having to pay overtime to collect the extra amount of recyclables. If you take into account the cost of THREE vehicles plus the possibility of overtime payments this must be costing a fortune at just the time they're trying to make drastic cuts to save money!!!
Valar Morghulis

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2011, 07:22:55 pm »
I put everything out and it was all emptied but not at the same time - not sure what to next week tho!

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2011, 08:24:05 pm »

Yes I see now, but as it is the same colour as the lid and as I have bad eyesight and don't read Braille it was missed.   I trust that you being so observant had yours properly secured?    L0L

I intended my comment to be helpful but from the tone of your comment above, you obviously thought differently.
I too have poor sight and wear spectacles.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2011, 09:00:43 pm »

I intended my comment to be helpful but from the tone of your comment above, you obviously thought differently.
I too have poor sight and wear spectacles.

Not at all - just trying to inject a little humour into a rather unpleasant subject!  If you had been able to see my facial expression and body language you may have judged my comments differently.   Sorry if I have offended you Stan.    Z**

I wonder how people who are seriously visually impaired are able to cope?
Cicero

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2011, 01:49:47 pm »
All well and good, but 5 of us have been missed here. None of us have any new receptacles and before some idiot starts on about commercial bins again, it has nothing to do with the matter, some of the missed places are private dwellings. The grey bin was emptied as usual this morning .Trade bins on Monday.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2011, 01:08:30 am »
Sorry for being a Grouch, but.......

Bring back the old metal dustbins I say.

Make the binmen walk to your back yard and hump the bin to the waiting dustcart idling in the street.

Bury the rubbish in a landfill just like the good old days.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2011, 10:25:47 am »
You certainly have a point there. We used to set fire to ours, before smokeless areas were thought of, it both lowered the level and cleaned it !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Jas

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2011, 01:40:42 pm »
With you there, :D Tin Bins... the way to go