Author Topic: Recycling across the area  (Read 104094 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Recycling across the area
« Reply #330 on: April 13, 2020, 07:11:42 pm »
Didn't Bryson work for the CCBC last year to be sure, to be sure?

Offline DVT

« Reply #331 on: April 13, 2020, 09:01:52 pm »
Had a few e-mails about initial delay and the calendar, also e-mails saying the calendar was downloadable which it was, but not on phone or tablet due to "technical difficulties" which we were then told were resolved.  Info has been good so we are expecting our first collection tomorrow as per the calendar.   We're in Junction off Narrow Lane ... our brown and green bins are out there waiting!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #332 on: April 13, 2020, 10:45:45 pm »
Fingers crossed then DVT  please let us know how you get on with the collection.       

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #333 on: April 14, 2020, 09:56:17 am »
Didn't Bryson work for the CCBC last year to be sure, to be sure?

I think Bryson's are the company that run the Mochdre recycling centre ?

Offline DVT

« Reply #334 on: April 14, 2020, 08:22:36 pm »
Well, it's Tuesday 14th and the time now is 8.15pm ... this photo was taken late afternoon but it looks exactly the same now apart from the failing light.  The green bin was emptied mid-morning, and has been returned to it's spot between house and garage.  One bin (11) is ours, one is from next door (9) and two belong to number 7, there is only one other brown bin out in the road, there are 16 houses - so either no-one else has signed-up or their bins have not been delivered - not spoken to anyone as we haven't left our property for 3 weeks!

Mrs DVT was going to bring our bin in, but I said to leave it there as it is not in anyone's way and no-one knows when it will get emptied - it is about 3/4 full so we're OK for another mow of the small front lawn, and perhaps a few more dead camelia flowers!

Offline mondie

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2020, 10:30:16 pm »
Nice Type R DVT!  $hands$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #336 on: April 15, 2020, 09:56:33 am »
Apparently a neighbour of mine had been able to contact Bryson and had been told than an error had been made on the calendar and our collection date should have shown as  16th April and not the 13th April
The neighbour  put the message on facebook yesterday after speaking to Bryson but as I don't do facebook another neighbour had seen it and let me know
So let's see what happens tomorrow

Offline DVT

« Reply #337 on: April 15, 2020, 10:48:20 am »
On that basis perhaps ours will be collected on 17th, and not 14th. !!!

After all the earlier e-mails I received it would be nice to get another one to give us the correct information.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #338 on: April 15, 2020, 01:02:16 pm »
Don't hold your breath DVT  they defy any sort of logic.       Our bin day was always Thursday but then Bryson's calendar said Monday and now they have said Thursday so the rest of my household waste will go out tonight to keep the brown bin company
A near neighbour ordered her brown bin in January and yes you've guessed it, it still hasn't arrived

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #339 on: April 15, 2020, 01:12:29 pm »
C,mon Hugo get on FB your brother will show you 😂👍👏

Offline Hugo

« Reply #340 on: April 15, 2020, 02:18:00 pm »
No way Jose,   I'll leave it to the younger ones.       

The Bryson lorry came into my street loaded with brown bins         $bounce$              {}{}

and then drove straight past my house  and then returned and drove past it again         *punch*   

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #341 on: April 15, 2020, 03:10:11 pm »
My neighbour keeps getting excited aswell. The wagon always come around Llanrhos loaded with bins but nobody knows where they go 😂😂

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #342 on: April 15, 2020, 03:21:58 pm »
From what you chaps have said, I don’t hold out much hope that our brown bin will be emptied on Friday.
We are off Henryd Road in Conwy.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #343 on: April 15, 2020, 03:54:01 pm »
Surely, as and when Bryson received orders they would have organised deliveries in postcode order together with one, two or three bins?

Offline DVT

« Reply #344 on: April 15, 2020, 05:10:21 pm »
Bri ... you have just used something that is almost extinct these days ... common sense !!