Author Topic: Sleeping Beauty  (Read 10730 times)

Offline tangodude

Sleeping Beauty
« on: May 29, 2011, 01:21:54 pm »
When I was a child on holiday in Llandudno, we went on an evening coach trip inland to a point where the outline of the mountain tops looked exactly like the Sleeping Beauty. I can't find this referred to anywhere on the internet. Could someone be able to confirm that I did not imagine it, and if it exists where exactly is it? I'd like to take my children to see it.

Many thanks

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Sleeping Beauty
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 03:29:16 pm »
Although I often walk in the mountains of Snowdonia I can't say that I've heard the expression before but I'll ask my friend who has a coach business that does tours in that area.   
I put "Snowdonia sleeping beauty" into Google and took the 2nd item down headed "Sleeping Beauty" and some nice photos of the Ogwen Valley came up, it may not be what you are looking for but is nice to look at anyway and it is also on the tour routes that the coaches take.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 04:11:33 pm »
Probably not what you remember, but there's what resembles the Queens' head in Llanberis on the mountainside behind Dolbadarn Castle.

If you take a boat trip on Llyn Peris the skipper usually passes a coin around with Queen Elizabeth's head showing, then points out the Queens head on the mountain side.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 04:51:03 pm »
tangodude, the only one I know is when you look over towards the hills by Conwy from the West Shore in Llandudno you can see Sleeping Beauty,

She is lying down and you can see the features of her head.

I would imagine if you walked along the sand-covered cycle path from West Shore to Deganwy then her features may become increasingly clearer.

I suppose there must be a point where you can go inland and see her from the far side of the hills.

I hope this is helpful

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 05:14:53 pm »
i've always known it as the view of Conwy mountain from West Shore

Offline Trojan

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 05:33:23 pm »

_))*

Offline Trojan

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 05:42:26 pm »
tangodude, the only one I know is when you look over towards the hills by Conwy from the West Shore in Llandudno you can see Sleeping Beauty,

I would imagine if you walked along the sand-covered cycle path from West Shore to Deganwy then her features may become increasingly clearer.

I suppose there must be a point where you can go inland and see her from the far side of the hills.

I hope this is helpful

It can't be that location Bri, as she went on a coach trip from Llandudno inland.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 05:48:59 pm »
I'd like to take my children to see it

If you can't find it, an alternative may be the Harlequin Puppet Theatre in Rhos-on-Sea.

Marionette Sleeping Beauty

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 06:01:44 pm »

_))*
what's so funny Trojan?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 06:17:01 pm »

I hope this is helpful

It can't be that location Bri, as she went on a coach trip from Llandudno inland.

Sorry, "he" not "she".

Offline Trojan

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 06:19:54 pm »

_))*
what's so funny Trojan?

Merely the blunt simplicity of the comment eradicating all suspected traces of Sleeping Beauty seen from the West Shore.  L0L

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 07:36:26 pm »

Offline Trojan

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2011, 08:44:28 pm »

Glad you're staying abreast of things Bri.

Offline tangodude

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 11:11:05 am »
Many thanks for the replies. I've had a look at the map, and the Sychnant Pass rang a bell. Is it possible the view from there back towards Conway mountain resembles the Sleeping Beauty?

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 11:49:12 am »
We were always told as kids that the Conwy mountain was sleeping beauty.  This pic was taken from Deganwy beach a few months ago.  You can see her head, boobs and skirt on the outline of the mountain. I think it's the mountain you refer to Tangodude  ;D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley