Author Topic: Craig Y Don  (Read 88547 times)

Offline Robbie G

• Management board member
Re: Craig Y Don
« Reply #210 on: November 09, 2021, 08:17:02 pm »
She is entitled to object like any other rate payer ,as for the Pentwyn  development I don't recall any objections to the previous development on the High Pastures site , objecting to the present development was going to fail from the start . I attended the public enquiry and that confirmed what I suspected was going to happen 

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #211 on: November 09, 2021, 09:04:16 pm »
Perhaps the point Norm makes is that "any other ratepayer" would not be writing as an MS - or AM in old money.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #212 on: November 10, 2021, 07:33:11 am »
Robbie G they did protest at the development Opps high pastures, but I didn't see Janet there now all that area is getting built on won't be long it will be all down the hill.  Being born here I like many others don't want housing on bodafon But the robbing Mostyn est will get their way.

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #213 on: November 10, 2021, 12:27:50 pm »
 I don't want housing down to the bottom of Tyn y Coed hill neither but as you say it`s going to happen like it or not , but the authorities have all the power they need to delay or even stop these developments , but they seem to have a mind set to encourage them . as for J.F.S. I am no fan of hers but at least there is some effort to oppose the plans even if one suspects it might be for personal reasons ,as for Mostyn Estates until the political system is reformed things are not going to change it would entail a monumental change to our constitution for that to happen , the U. K . without the House of Lords we can dream   

Offline Dave

« Reply #214 on: November 10, 2021, 06:14:01 pm »
We are all NIMBY's when it comes down to it and it pays to think ahead when you buy a property as to what could change. That said I can think of quite a few places where properties have been knocked down and replaced with blocks of flats and what you thought was a secure view has now vanished.
I actually think that the field in question off Nant-y-Gamar Rd has little merit as agricultural land really but the access for building is a disaster. As for the rest of Bodafon Fields they are a unique asset that could be developed for tourism. Without it where would the various festivals have stood? It could be developed as a show ground, have electric points put in and some hard standings. Ideal spot for park and ride etc etc. That's why in my mind it shouldn't be developed for housing.

Offline Robbie G

« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2021, 03:33:13 pm »
I agree with you Dave the fields are a wonderful asset to Llandudno and the surrounding area but , development seems to be the way forward to CCBC & Mostyn Estates . Every time I travel between Llanrhos  & Penrhyn Bay I cant help thinking it`s only a matter of time before the land in that area will be developed .

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2021, 09:41:26 am »
A CHURCH in Llandudno has organised a pair of festive events, including its first Christmas tree festival across a weekend in December.

St Paul’s Church in Craig-y-Don is to first hold its Christmas fair in its refurbished church hall on Saturday, November 20, from 10am-12pm.

Entry to the fair is free, with stalls selling plants, cakes, cosmetics, crafts, recycled soft toys, books and more, as well as plenty of refreshments on offer.

The church will then host its maiden Christmas Tree Festival from December 3-5, with contributors including representatives from the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI), two schools from the area and Springfield Nursery, and the ‘Move it or Lose it’ exercise group.

Entrance is £1, with 50p donations to the fund for the church’s roof also encouraged.

The festival will be open between 10am and 4pm on December 3 and 4, and from 12-4pm on Sunday, December 5.

Church member Phyllis Oliver encouraged people to: “Come and see the diverse selection of decorated trees and visit 'the cathedral of Llandudno' and the beautiful fossil pillars inside the church,” adding: “It's a joyous occasion after a stressful time.”

Offline SteveH

« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2022, 12:25:45 pm »
CCBC has confirmed that a speed assessment will be carried out on the road near the entrance to Queen’s Park.  ref pioneer

Additionally, it has been outlined that council officials are finalising the designs for a controlled crossing over Queen’s Road, near Balfour Road.

The deployment of double yellow lines, will be utilised to address the issue of inconsiderate parking in proximity to the new traffic island.

“We are currently finalising the designs and will be conducting a stakeholder engagement exercise within the coming months, where hopefully we can attract further grant funding from the Welsh Government to construct the scheme by the end of this financial year.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2023, 07:59:02 am »
A WELL-used pharmacy will shut up shop next month.

Boots Pharmacy, on 17 Queen's Road, Llandudno, will close to customers on July 22.

A large notice on the window states: "We are closing.

"This store will close on 22.07.2023.

There is a second pharmacy located in Craig-y-Don; Craig Y Don Pharmacy which is situated on Clarence Road next to the medical practice.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #219 on: July 19, 2023, 09:45:48 am »
Bri Roberts
Post Office Scandal
? Reply #1799 on: June 10, 2020, 01:07:40 pm ?

This weeks Panorama was very interesting about the Post Office scandal and a miscarriage of justice.
The court case was led by Mr Bates the former postmaster of the Wool Post here in Craig y don.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000gpbv/panorama-scandal-at-the-post-office

Actors Toby Jones and Julie Hesmondhalgh were photographed in Craig-y-Don yesterday. The two stars are currently filming a major new ITV drama series about the biggest miscarriage of justice in British legal history - Mr Bates vs the Post Office.

Filming for the production was taking place in Queens Road, Llandudno, where the St David?s Hospice shop has been temporarily converted back into a post office. This was was run by Alan Bates, the Craig-y-Don sub-postmaster who took on the Post Office in a legal battle that is still ongoing.

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/actors-toby-jones-julie-hesmondhalgh-27350483?IYA-mail=d2a6ee64-29aa-4d6b-be9e-e1a0d906a347

PS
Great Orme rockfall 'disrupts' filming of major new ITV drama in Llandudno
Marine Drive was closed off this afternoon, apparently for filming, but the road was placed off-limits by rock debris

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/great-orme-rockfall-disrupts-filming-27349292?IYA-mail=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

Offline SteveH

« Reply #220 on: August 29, 2023, 10:00:24 am »
'Fabulous? Craig-y-Don building is placed on the market

A ?ONE-off opportunity? has arisen to purchase a property in Llandudno which has been put up for sale for a six-figure sum.

The property, at 1 Mostyn Avenue, Craig-y-Don, is available with estate agents St Davids Commercial on a freehold basis.

https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/23751085.fabulous-craig-y-don-building-placed-market/