Author Topic: Craig Y Don  (Read 88688 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Craig Y Don
« Reply #195 on: July 16, 2021, 02:33:40 pm »
PADDLING pools across Conwy County will open for the summer holidays.

The Pioneer reported in June that Conwy County Borough Council had started cleaning the pools out and repairing them in preparation.

The pools will open on Monday, July 19.

The local authority have asked people "not to use and self-isolate" if displaying Covid-19 symptoms.

Craig-y-Don paddling pool is one of the largest outdoor paddling pools in Wales. It measures 116m – 21m with a maximum depth of 2ft. Free parking is limited on the prom.

PS I am hearing rumours of a new paddling pool, on the prom, not sure if an upgrade of the old one, or something new, funded by London, and the upkeep down to the local council ? ?

Offline SteveH

« Reply #196 on: July 20, 2021, 03:57:15 pm »
A POLITICIAN has submitted a formal objection to the proposed development on Bodafon Fields off Nant y Gamar Road.

Janet Finch-Saunders, MS for Aberconwy, has written a critical six-page letter to Paula Jones, head of planning at Conwy County Borough Council.

Anwyl's desire to build 49 residential units on green land next to a school for children with special needs has been met with fierce backlash and disapproval from residents.

In her letter, Mrs Finch-Saunders says she is concerned about potential noise, disturbance, and nuisance that may be caused to Ysgol y Gogarth; that the proposed development would have a detrimental impact on the existing highway situation and parking and that it is in conflict with the Local Housing Market Assessment (LHMA).

cont  https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19455275.six-page-letter-objection-nant-y-gamar-housing-development-submitted/

Offline SteveH

« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2021, 10:38:26 am »
FB photo of Bodafon field today

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2021, 04:04:15 pm »
That's a nice photo but what's that JCB doing there.      Isn't that the area where Anwyl has made an application to build houses?

Offline SteveH

« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2021, 05:12:35 pm »
That's a nice photo but what's that JCB doing there.      Isn't that the area where Anwyl has made an application to build houses?

&shake&

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #200 on: September 13, 2021, 06:07:16 pm »
I have heard they are digging trial trenches to see if any evidence of archaeological remains. 

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #201 on: September 13, 2021, 07:45:31 pm »
I have heard they are digging trial trenches to see if any evidence of archaeological remains.

I don't think digging for ancient and possibly fragile remnants of the past with a JCB is in the Archaeologists' handbook...   _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #202 on: September 13, 2021, 07:59:11 pm »

I don't think digging for ancient and possibly fragile remnants of the past with a JCB is in the Archaeologists' handbook...   _))*

I think my wife would make a great archaeologist.
After all, she’s constantly digging up things from the distant past.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

Re: Craig Y Don..Paddling pool closure
« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2021, 02:00:27 pm »
Llandudno paddling pool shuts with 'immediate effect' and this is why
Conwy County Council closed the site, which is one of Wales' largest outdoor pools, and it won't now reopen until next summer

The popular Llandudno paddling pool was shut after Conwy County Council officials conducted an assessment, after the public raised concerns about the colour of the water.

It's understood a "green algae" like substance has appeared which may be due to higher water temperature and the increased light brought by the recent warm weather.

Officials from the council's Ffit Conwy team confirmed the site's early closure: “Following comments from the public, we have carried out an in-depth assessment at the paddling pool in Llandudno today.

cont  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/llandudno-paddling-pool-shuts-immediate-21583613

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #204 on: September 16, 2021, 02:13:08 pm »
Both Rhos paddling pool and Llandudno North Shore had quite a few kiddies paddling in them when we drove past earlier today.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #205 on: September 16, 2021, 03:58:59 pm »
It seems that they won't be paddling in the Craig Y Don Paddling Pool any more this year!

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/llandudno-paddling-pool-shuts-immediate-21583613

Offline Hugo

« Reply #206 on: September 16, 2021, 05:10:45 pm »
Sorry Steve, but I some how missed your post and duplicated it.       :-[

First we had the Smurfs and now little green people.      Where on earth did they get that paint for the pool from?

Offline SteveH

Re: Craig Y Don ..proposed development on Nant y Gamar Road/Bodafon Fields.
« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2021, 02:19:15 pm »
A POLITICIAN has submitted another formal objection to the amended plans for the proposed development on Nant y Gamar Road/Bodafon Fields.

Janet Finch-Saunders, MS for Aberconwy, has been campaigning against the proposals; Anwyl is behind the scheme.

Mrs Finch-Saunders's five-page letter outlines why Conwy County Borough Council should "refuse" to give permission.

Her objections include:

Conflict with Local Housing Market Assessment
Preservation and enhancement of the historic landscape
Impact on Ysgol y Gogarth and Llys Gogarth
Highways
Car parking provision
Lack of electric charging points
Potentially inappropriately placed play facilities
Archaeological interests

cont https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19703982.second-critical-letter-objection-nant-y-gamar-housing-development/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2021, 05:06:51 pm »
There will be no objection to the development from Mostyn Estates because the Estate has already given it's backing to Anwyl by allowing Anwyl to submit their application
The lease of Bodafon Farm is coming to its end and we can expect further applications for development on other parts of the farm.   
Mostyn Estates seem determined to make the land unviable for farming and then they will allow other developers to jump in and make additional planning applications.     If anyone disputes this fact then just watch this space

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2021, 07:14:25 pm »
Oh and the other interest finch has in this is when it all gets going it will spoil her view, everything she's against on bodafon is happening on pentwyn how come she's not protesting about that,  I'm sure the photographer would go there.