Author Topic: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News  (Read 114298 times)

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
Re: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News
« Reply #270 on: December 22, 2012, 06:47:24 pm »
Yeah, Dave, just watch the documentary like most other contributors to this thread did.

It would save us both a lot of time.
So, does something being said in a documentary automatically make it true, then?

No, not at all.... but it just makes for more meaningful debate, as at the moment those of us who have seen it, have the advantage of you.
It would be helpful for you to see it, in order for you to have some idea what you are talking about .  :laugh: :laugh: $lol$ $lol$

That is part of the problem though, you're basing everything on this one documentary so you're 'advantage' is biased to that theory. I've watched a number of documentaries on the subject and between them all the points raised by the conspiracy theorists have been answered including the Van Allen belt which seems to be the stumbling block that gets mentioned the most, for that reason I'm 100% certain the lunar landings took place. I've also visited the Kennedy Space Centre a number of times and seen the various rockets (including the awesome Saturn V) they used during the space race from the 50's & 60's.
Valar Morghulis

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #271 on: December 22, 2012, 07:35:22 pm »
It would be helpful for you to see it, in order for you to have some idea what you are talking about .

I watched it - twice, because I had trouble believing what I heard the first time.  None of the documentary 'points' bears scrutiny.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #272 on: December 22, 2012, 10:21:41 pm »
I'm trying to be helpful Dave, watch the documentary.... (any one of three that I believe were made)  I've seen two.

The part about the mysterious deaths of numerous NASA people was a compelling section.

However, please remember that I opened this debate from an 'undecided' standpoint... which is where I remain.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #273 on: December 23, 2012, 08:53:23 am »
The biggest asset for conspiracists is that you cannot prove a negative, which is exactly why conspiracy theories abound. No amount of evidence will ever convince them, because they'll always resort to saying that 'they' - usually reputable sources and those in authority - can't be believed.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #274 on: January 09, 2013, 11:36:58 am »
It's about time some of these papers started losing proof readers.  In today's Pioneer there is an article about the passing of John Macdonald and his name is changed from John to David in the latter part of the piece.   Not by any means the only error one can find nowadays, but in this case it s not funny.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #275 on: January 09, 2013, 03:02:40 pm »
   In your first sentence you state "loosing" Did you mean that, or did you mean to write "using"? In which case might I suggest you use a proof reader Mike

Offline Tosh

« Reply #276 on: January 09, 2013, 03:20:31 pm »
I think Yorkie was correct in saying losing, ie, they need to lose them because they aren't using them.
Losing is as in not winning, whereas loosing is as in easing.
But there again he might have meant "using" because the mistakes are there unedited.
I bet Ian could enlighten us on this with one of his lovely diatribes.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #277 on: January 09, 2013, 05:29:38 pm »
   In your first sentence you state "loosing" Did you mean that, or did you mean to write "using"? In which case might I suggest you use a proof reader Mike

Mike, I only wish I had the time to point out all your own spelling and grammatical errors, and also those of others who I will not name.   I am now mainly using my iPad which, unfortunately, will forward project a word, and it is sometimes incorrect.  These incorrect words can often go unnoticed when composing.   But then - that's life!   ZXZ.   None of us is ( or should that be are) perfect.  :D
Cicero

Offline poppy

« Reply #278 on: January 09, 2013, 07:30:11 pm »
Has any else noticed the Weekly News website has been hijacked by something called Abakhan?

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #279 on: January 09, 2013, 07:32:39 pm »

Mike, I only wish I had the time to point out all your own spelling and grammatical errors, and also those of others who I will not name.   I am now mainly using my iPad which, unfortunately, will forward project a word, and it is sometimes incorrect.  These incorrect words can often go unnoticed when composing.   But then - that's life!   ZXZ.   None of us is ( or should that be are) perfect.  :D

It's called Autocorrect and can cause some funny but ambarrassing text messages.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-25-funniest-autocorrects-of-2012
Valar Morghulis

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #280 on: January 09, 2013, 07:55:04 pm »

It's called Autocorrect and can cause some funny but ambarrassing text messages.

It is absolutely hilarious - I regard myself as a rather good and accurate typist.  When I first got the iPad I did not watch to see what I had typed but looked more at the on screen keyboard which I was not used to.  I sent out plenty of stuff by e-mail and also to this Forum that was less than perfect.  Some are so ridiculous that maybe the facility should be renamed Auto-cockup.    :D
Cicero

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #281 on: January 12, 2013, 02:22:32 pm »
Sadly Yorkie proof readers are no longer employed on many newspapers.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #282 on: January 12, 2013, 03:56:13 pm »
None of us is ( or should that be are) perfect.  :D

Right first time;  should be "is".

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #283 on: January 12, 2013, 04:33:49 pm »
Ian's correct. When we mean "not a single one", the verb is singular rather than plural. ;)  :P  $yes$

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #284 on: January 12, 2013, 06:11:00 pm »
I heard today that the Weekly News and Daily Post are yet again going up 5p next week :rage: