Author Topic: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News  (Read 114192 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News
« Reply #255 on: December 21, 2012, 11:38:28 am »
But we all started with open minds, filled later by schools, college and the university of life, when more information comes along then surely it is reasonable to consider it!
It helps to have the ability to filter out obvious nonsense, though.  ZXZ

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2012, 12:03:39 pm »
Very true, which is why we did the Xmas cards without worrying about the world ending!  And look the world has not ended, I'll double check that on the 1 o'clock news on BBC1  ;D
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2012, 12:33:00 pm »
But we all started with open minds, filled later by schools, college and the university of life, when more information comes along then surely it is reasonable to consider it!

If that were to happen, works such as Harry Potter would never have been written.

By the way, shouldn't those baptist idiots be on the scum thread?   $angry$ $angry$
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #258 on: December 22, 2012, 08:36:24 am »

If that were to happen, works such as Harry Potter would never have been written.

By the way, shouldn't those baptist idiots be on the scum thread?   $angry$ $angry$
Idont think J K Rowling presented Harry Potter as anything other than a work of fiction, mate?!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #259 on: December 22, 2012, 05:34:52 pm »
But that is my point.

If everyone was purely fact-based and pragmatic, then you would stifle imagination, and those great works of fiction would never get written.

All those great episodes of Star Trek, never written??  Unthinkable.
Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #260 on: December 22, 2012, 05:37:03 pm »
I though Star Trek was a documentary, are you saying that it was a hoax!  :)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #261 on: December 22, 2012, 05:38:22 pm »
If everyone was purely fact-based and pragmatic, then you would stifle imagination, and those great works of fiction would never get written.

Indeed. Although the inability to distinguish between reality and fiction can be a symptom of illness...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #262 on: December 22, 2012, 05:44:22 pm »
But that is my point.

All those great episodes of Star Trek, never written??  Unthinkable.
No-one's objecting to that. However, presenting fiction as facts* is hardly likely to help to win a discussion.

* - "Quite a significant number of NASA officials have come out over the years, and stated that all might not have been as it seemed on several Apollo missions.  However, due to an equally high number of convenient 'car accidents' ... none of those people survived long enough to give much detail"

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #263 on: December 22, 2012, 05:48:21 pm »
Yeah, Dave, just watch the documentary like most other contributors to this thread did.

It would save us both a lot of time.
Fester...

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #264 on: December 22, 2012, 05:53:33 pm »
you have all lost me on this one aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #265 on: December 22, 2012, 05:59:04 pm »
you have all lost me on this one aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sorry Wrex, but Dave has brought the Lunar Landings discussion onto this thread.
We must discipline him immediately.   $smack$
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #266 on: December 22, 2012, 06:20:05 pm »
Yeah, Dave, just watch the documentary like most other contributors to this thread did.

So, does something being said in a documentary automatically make it true, then?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #267 on: December 22, 2012, 06:20:39 pm »
Sorry Wrex, but Dave has brought the Lunar Landings discussion onto this thread.
We must discipline him immediately.   $smack$
Keep your fantasies to yourself.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #268 on: December 22, 2012, 06:28:47 pm »

So, does something being said in a documentary automatically make it true, then?

No, not at all.... but it just makes for more meaningful debate, as at the moment those of us who have seen it, have the advantage of you.
It would be helpful for you to see it, in order for you to have some idea what you are talking about .  :laugh: :laugh: $lol$ $lol$
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #269 on: December 22, 2012, 06:37:30 pm »

No, not at all.... but it just makes for more meaningful debate, as at the moment those of us who have seen it, have the advantage of you.
It would be helpful for you to see it, in order for you to have some idea what you are talking about .  :laugh: :laugh: $lol$ $lol$
But the documentary is just someone else's opinion, why is it more valid than yours or mine? All I'm asking is for some verifiable (i.e, from a reputable news source) evidence to support the assertion that a considerable number of NASA scientists died in car crashes after the Moon landings took place. I tried a search on 'nasa moon landings scientists car crash' and nothing comes up? Help me out here....  ;)