Author Topic: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News  (Read 114211 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News
« Reply #240 on: December 05, 2012, 04:37:44 pm »
    David, I reckon you are correct in suggesting the circulation would treble.  I'm not sure what the small adds cost, or even are they free? But you and I obviously dont see eye to eye with NWWN management. Only last week they increased the cover price Mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #241 on: December 20, 2012, 07:56:19 pm »
For the second time this year, the NWWN has devoted a sizeable chunk of space to a nutter from Old Colwyn blathering on about the end of the world. How is this news in any way? If I want to listen to nutters, I'll read the Lunar Landings thread.  :laugh:

Old Colwyn man believes Mayan prophecies

Dec 20 2012 by Richard Evans, North Wales Weekly News

WILL the world really end on Friday?

Probably not, according to Malcolm Yates of Old Colwyn, despite the fact he subscribes to the Mayan prophecy about December 21, 2012.

Malcolm, 54, says extraterrestrials will gradually reveal themselves to us before completely revolutionising our way of life including how we use energy, our governments, economies and healthcare.

Malcolm, a Llandudno Junction retail manager, believes he has been placed on Earth to help people come to terms with a spiritual transition to what he describes as a higher frequency of existence.

He says corrupt leaders, governments and organisations will be removed from power in the New Age, which begins tomorrow, in which we will enjoy a new climate and a closer link to our creator.

But he stressed there will be no apocalyptic event, and says end of the world predictions relating to the Mayan calendar are misinterpretations.

“We are leaving the age of Pisces and going into the age of Aquarius. We get a galactic line-up transition to what is essentially a new time, but it’s not going to be instantaneous,” he said.

“It is not the end of the world, but the end of one chapter and the beginning of another.

“It won’t be Independence Day. It will be a pivotal moment which will act as a catalyst for the changes to come.

“The arrival of extraterrestrials is imminent. We will see intergalactic extraterrestrial human beings on the planet. It will change everything.

“I’ve seen evidence of channelled communication with these beings, which has been going on since the 1960s, initially through Morse code.

“Extraterrestrials have been visiting with spacecraft, interplanetary light-ships that have the ability to cloak themselves.

“There are thousands of UFO reports, and they have certainly escalated during the past 10 years, but that is not information that has been filtered through to the mainstream media, this is highly classified information. The government does not want us to know we’re not alone.

He added: “The end of the world is just a misrepresentation of the Mayan calendar, we are at the end of a planetary cycle.

“This is a long prophesied comment of a golden age for humanity. We are going to see incredible technologies and free energy, ending oil monopolies,” he claims.

“We are being aided by extraterrestrials from other solar systems who are very spiritually and technologically advanced. They are already here to assist us, they will revitalise our planet and educate us in the ‘oneness’ of the universe.”

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #242 on: December 20, 2012, 08:25:07 pm »
Has anyone organised a Party to celebrate the end of the world on the 22nd?  ZXZ  Z**  ZXZ
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #243 on: December 20, 2012, 08:41:03 pm »
Why didn't they have the end of the world earlier in December, would have saved us having to write all the flipping Xmas cards!  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #244 on: December 20, 2012, 08:49:33 pm »
Has anyone organised a Party to celebrate the end of the world on the 22nd?  ZXZ  Z**  ZXZ

Unlikely to be anyone there if it all ends on the 21st!  But if we do survive the event, I'll pop along.   ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Dwyforite

« Reply #245 on: December 20, 2012, 09:20:08 pm »
i have cancelled the milk

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #246 on: December 20, 2012, 09:26:26 pm »
Nice letter in the paper today moaning about the xmas lights,im glad im not the only one.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2012, 09:43:32 pm »
Nice letter in the paper today moaning about the xmas lights,im glad im not the only one.

I changed my name just to write it!  Hope I haven't offended anyone named Gareth!    ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2012, 10:23:38 pm »
 Quote, ''If I want to listen to nutters, I'll read the Lunar Landings thread''.  :laugh:

You are right there Dave,  there are some very eccentric people on there.  It is indeed most irrational to not consider both sides of a debate and scoff at those who have an open mind
But I don't think Ian and the others will appreciate you labelling them nutters!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #249 on: December 20, 2012, 11:21:27 pm »
 :laugh:

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #250 on: December 21, 2012, 07:36:12 am »
Sorry Yorkie,you have to be bald.hansome and full of bulls..t to qualify.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #251 on: December 21, 2012, 08:26:21 am »
It is indeed most irrational to not consider both sides of a debate and scoff at those who have an open mind
I assume that you must therefore consider the guy from Old Colwyn to have a valid argument, then, when he says 'extraterrestrials will gradually reveal themselves to us before completely revolutionising our way of life including how we use energy, our governments, economies and healthcare.'

As Terry Pratchett said, “The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #252 on: December 21, 2012, 08:47:55 am »
But we all started with open minds, filled later by schools, college and the university of life, when more information comes along then surely it is reasonable to consider it!

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #253 on: December 21, 2012, 09:49:35 am »
It is indeed most irrational to not consider both sides of a debate and scoff at those who have an open mind
I assume that you must therefore consider the guy from Old Colwyn to have a valid argument, then, when he says 'extraterrestrials will gradually reveal themselves to us before completely revolutionising our way of life including how we use energy, our governments, economies and healthcare.'

As Terry Pratchett said, “The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.”

No Dave, I don't... but I don't believe he is wrong to THINK IT!

« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:09:19 am by Ian »
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #254 on: December 21, 2012, 11:37:40 am »

No Dave, I don't... but I don't believe he is wrong to THINK IT!

He's not wrong to think it, just stupid. Just like the members of the Westboro Baptist Church, who are trying to picket the funerals of the recent school shootings in order to celebrate God's work. They apparently believe the shootings were a punishment from God as a result of Connecticut legalising same sex marriages.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100195000/the-hideous-westboro-baptist-church-are-picketing-the-newtown-funerals-their-perverse-logic-is-beyond-satire/