Author Topic: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News  (Read 114194 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2012, 08:20:28 am »
Any Llandudno news in our local rag today.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2012, 08:45:33 am »
I can see no mention of us missing out on the faster broadband when it arrives.

It seems Prestatyn and Mold will be getting it.

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2012, 10:53:41 am »
I can see no mention of us missing out on the faster broadband when it arrives.

It seems Prestatyn and Mold will be getting it.

Llandudno is getting the faster broadband - the Weekly News reported that six weeks ago! Some parts of Conwy county will have to wait longer though.
Yes Wrex, there is Llandudno news in today's paper - there always is!!

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2012, 03:01:44 pm »
 $good$ Sorry Craigydonian ,i meant is there anything intereting about Llandudno, any journalist items about Llandudno issues.

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2012, 04:34:46 pm »
$good$ Sorry Craigydonian ,i meant is there anything intereting about Llandudno, any journalist items about Llandudno issues.

Yes, several, including a response from Mike Priestley on the West Shore sand issue.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2012, 05:06:16 pm »
Llandudno is getting the faster broadband - the Weekly News reported that six weeks ago! Some parts of Conwy county will have to wait longer though.

Please accept my apologies, Craigydonian.

I was away on holiday and missed the editions on Thursdays 24 November and 1 December.

Sadly, I no longer bother asking my newsagent to keep back issues for me as I never get time to read them.

Nevertheless, it is interesting to read that Llandudno is definitely getting the faster broadband because this is what I read on page 6 of yesterday’s edition of the Pioneer.

Towns including Prestatyn, Wrexham and Mold will be connected to the high-speed service while Conwy county has been overlooked.

Only one of you can be correct and I know who I believe.   D)

Offline martin

« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2012, 07:46:00 pm »
Is it possible that there are two separate upgrades going on here, one fibre optic and the other and upgrade of the copper system, and it is the latter that we are possibly getting?  I know that both are being done by BT, just a thought.

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2012, 07:54:17 pm »

Please accept my apologies, Craigydonian.

I was away on holiday and missed the editions on Thursdays 24 November and 1 December.

Sadly, I no longer bother asking my newsagent to keep back issues for me as I never get time to read them.

Nevertheless, it is interesting to read that Llandudno is definitely getting the faster broadband because this is what I read on page 6 of yesterday’s edition of the Pioneer.

Towns including Prestatyn, Wrexham and Mold will be connected to the high-speed service while Conwy county has been overlooked.

Only one of you can be correct and I know who I believe.   D)
I'm pleased to be vindicated!!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:11:40 pm by DaveR »

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2012, 09:45:09 am »
Yet again, with its issue of 26th January, the NWWN has excelled!

This week for our 80p we get 80 pages which at a single penny a page is not that dear and probably less than the cost of wrapping paper for the proverbial portion of fish and chips.  However, the content still leaves much to be desired as an analysis of the printed areas shows.  Results are from a page by page eye measure and may be a little inaccurate, and I mean just a little.

80     pages in total
 6.0   for Sport
 4.5   for Community News and Letters
14.5  for Editorial  (approx 18%)
55.0  for Advertising including Public Announcement

I just cannot understand how those people who pay for advertising can think that they are going to be read and obtain business from anything less than a full page advert.   I only bought it to read an Obit of a friend  but it was not there.  The family wisely chose to put it in the Pioneer, and if I had known I could have saved my 80p!
 :rage:

Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2012, 10:08:12 am »
Hmm, so last weeks improvement (as reported by Yorkie and Dave R) appears to have been a flash in the pan.

I shall save my 80p this week, based on what I have just seen.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2012, 12:07:19 pm »
I actually had a quick look through a customers edition this morning,thank god i did not buy that,there is no Llandudno news,no attempt to put or look into Llandudno issues and once again thank god i did not pay for tha.What the hell the editor thinks she is doing i don;t know.

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2012, 12:41:31 pm »
I actually had a quick look through a customers edition this morning,thank god i did not buy that,there is no Llandudno news,no attempt to put or look into Llandudno issues and once again thank god i did not pay for tha.What the hell the editor thinks she is doing i don;t know.

Wrex - there are several Llandudno stories in this week's paper including the issue of the possible closure of the police station and its move to another location, the arrangements the town council has in hand for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, and the ongoing cost of running the swimming pool, but as it happens this week there were stories from other areas covered by the paper which took precedence. As I have pointed out before, the paper isn't the Llandudno Weekly News, a fairer way to describe it would be the Conwy County Weekly News. The general edition which covers Llandudno also provides coverage of Llandudno Junction, Conwy, Penmaenmawr and Llanfairfechan and the people of these areas  have issues they want covered too. I know that a number of readers of this forum are from Conwy and might have been pleased by the front page story about the bail out of the civic hall.
In the next couple of weeks there will be some very strong Llandudno related stories which have been in the pipeline for some time but have needed research. Accuracy and fairness have to be paramount, rumour, speculation and innuendo have never been and never should be the preserve of a weekly newspaper.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2012, 05:11:46 pm »
Then lets have a LLandudno paper that people from Llandudno can buy and read about LLANDUDNO,IF I WANTED TO READ ABOUT OUTSIDE OF TOWN I WILL BUY THRR NWWN

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2012, 06:57:22 pm »
Come on Wrex., do you really think that Llandudno is such that it could provide sufficient news and information to make and sustain a paper on its own?  After all there did used to be the Llandudno Advertiser and although I seem to remember it was free, it did not survive.