Author Topic: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News  (Read 114217 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Re: Daily Post and North Wales Weekly News
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2011, 03:53:41 pm »
 :) The Arena holds 2,500 and has had lots of top groups which proves it can be done,the next one is Will Young in November. My gripe is why so few a question the NWWN COULD ASK, IF THEY COULD BE BOTHERED. :rage:

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2011, 06:44:04 pm »
Like any propoganda material the NWWN prints what it wants to.     WWW
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2011, 09:14:05 am »
There are three editions of the Weekly News.
The General edition covers Llandudno, Deganwy, Llandudno Junction, Conwy, Penmaenmawr and Llandudno Junction.
The Colwyn edition covers Colwyn Bay, Mochdre, Old Colwyn, Rhos-on-Sea, Llanddulas and Abergele.
The Conwy Valley edition covers the area from Glan Conwy to Cerrigydruidion including Betws-y-Coed and Capel Curig.
Some stories run in all three editions, but the front page and page three always carry stories directly related to the area covered by that particular edition.
Hope this helps.

It seems to me that we only need one edition, if I buy the Llandudno copy it implies that I have no interest in Colwyn Bay news, this area is not large enough to need splitting up news wise, just do one issue, it might even save on costs?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Trojan

« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2011, 01:08:53 am »
The General edition covers Llandudno, Deganwy, Llandudno Junction, Conwy, Penmaenmawr and Llandudno Junction.
The Colwyn edition covers Colwyn Bay, Mochdre, Old Colwyn, Rhos-on-Sea, Llanddulas and Abergele.
The Conwy Valley edition covers the area from Glan Conwy to Cerrigydruidion including Betws-y-Coed and Capel Curig.
Some stories run in all three editions, but the front page and page three always carry stories directly related to the area covered by that particular edition.
Hope this helps.

It seems to me that we only need one edition, if I buy the Llandudno copy it implies that I have no interest in Colwyn Bay news, this area is not large enough to need splitting up news wise, just do one issue, it might even save on costs?

Yes quite. The title North Wales Weekly News is rather misleading as Craigydonian says the paper only covers an area of the North Wales coast  from Abergele to Penmaenmawr and a section of the Conwy Valley.

Rhyl and Wrexham are major towns in North Wales and Bangor is a major city but are outside the coverage area, apparently.

Surely there's news happening in these areas also?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2011, 08:15:35 am »
That's an interesting idea. I like read about what's happening in the Conwy Valley and Colwyn Bay areas but have to use the website to do so.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2011, 08:42:04 am »
I always thought the NWWN covered a wider area as the name suggests and the more local issues were covered by the Llandudno Advertiser, Abergele & St Asaph Visitor & Rhyl Journal. Surely if they did just one issue covering a wider area with a section for each major town it would make more sense and increase circulation. As Dave has said, a lot of us like to read about the other areas as well as the one we live in!
Valar Morghulis

Offline dwsi

« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2011, 07:44:28 pm »
Coming this week: Your new-look Weekly News - North Wales Weekly News http://bit.ly/osXCt1

Have they been reading this forum?  D)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2011, 07:48:48 pm »
I hope they get their RSS Feeds sorted out so poor old Nigel the News Bot doesn't get the blame for out of date news!  :laugh:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2011, 07:50:46 pm »
Coming this week: Your new-look Weekly News - North Wales Weekly News http://bit.ly/osXCt1

Have they been reading this forum?  D)

They all read this forum, every last word of it  :laugh:
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2011, 09:39:21 pm »
 ;) That;s right they all read the forum and Oscar but they still can;t understand why we get pee;d off with them for NOT following any of the threads up, thick or wot. D)

Offline Trojan

« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2011, 07:33:31 am »
Pick up your Weekly News this week and will will see something a little different. (This doesn't make sense)

As always it will be jam packed with news, entertainment and sport but will have a slightly different feel. (what, no adverts and it will feel like it's made from recycled toilet paper?)

We hope you like it and look forward to getting your feedback. (You can be sure of that)

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2011, 08:08:57 am »
I did hear a rumour that to get a doubling in circulation this week they are making it a BOGOF.

Buy one get one Free!    L0L
Cicero

Offline Craigydonian

« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2011, 04:19:27 pm »
Hope this helps.

Yes quite. The title North Wales Weekly News is rather misleading as Craigydonian says the paper only covers an area of the North Wales coast  from Abergele to Penmaenmawr and a section of the Conwy Valley.

Rhyl and Wrexham are major towns in North Wales and Bangor is a major city but are outside the coverage area, apparently.

Surely there's news happening in these areas also?

When the Weekly News was founded in Llanrwst in the late 19th century the owners chose a title which  is generally acknowledged as being misleading as the paper has never covered a wider area than the one it covers now.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2011, 09:04:48 pm »
North Wales was smaller in the 19th Century!   WWW
Cicero

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2011, 09:46:42 pm »
and a week was only 6 days! thats inflation for you  ;D