Author Topic: Points to Ponder  (Read 220141 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Points to Ponder
« Reply #600 on: May 15, 2017, 12:19:26 pm »
'Litter police' get bonuses to target public, Panorama finds........

A private company acting as the "litter police" for dozens of councils pays officers a bonus for issuing fines, an undercover Panorama report has found.
One officer from Kingdom Services, a leading enforcement company, claimed that his bonus one month was £987.
Other officers were filmed handing out £75 fines for tiny pieces of dropped orange peel and poured-away coffee.
Kingdom told Panorama that its competency allowance was not a paid incentive for officers to issue fines.
Littering is a crime, but if you pay the fine you can avoid a criminal record.
Councils are increasingly using private companies such as Kingdom, based in Cheshire, to enforce the Environmental Protection Act.
Kingdom currently has about 28 contracts with local authorities and last year saw its profits jump 30% to £9m.
The company frequently splits the proceeds of the fines with the councils.
Panorama uncovered several cases where people were fined incorrectly.

Full article  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39882434

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #601 on: May 15, 2017, 12:28:42 pm »

A private company acting as the "litter police" for dozens of councils pays officers a bonus for issuing fines, an undercover Panorama report has found.
One officer from Kingdom Services, a leading enforcement company, claimed that his bonus one month was £987.
Other officers were filmed handing out £75 fines for tiny pieces of dropped orange peel and poured-away coffee.
Kingdom told Panorama that its competency allowance was not a paid incentive for officers to issue fines.
Councils are increasingly using private companies such as Kingdom, based in Cheshire, to enforce the Environmental Protection Act.
Kingdom currently has about 28 contracts with local authorities and last year saw its profits jump 30% to £9m.

Told you they were scum.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #602 on: May 15, 2017, 02:19:02 pm »

Told you they were scum.

Told you they were gangsters and got told off for it by the admin on here  :'(

Offline SteveH

« Reply #603 on: May 16, 2017, 10:40:48 am »
I caught the whole BBC 1  Kingdom Services, Panorama program last night, worth watching if you have catch up TV.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #604 on: May 18, 2017, 10:51:45 am »
This sounds as if the councils want a better cash deal rather than altering their methods.

Councils 'seek clarification' over how private litter firm operates
Kingdom Security is currently tasked with handing out fines across Flintshire, Wrexham, Conwy, Denbighshire and Anglesey
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/councils-seek-clarification-over-how-13051668

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #605 on: May 23, 2017, 12:37:57 am »
At least it's not ALL bad news on the BBC.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-39996592

Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #606 on: May 23, 2017, 07:40:44 am »
Well, I'm sure one of the local papers will run a headline on the lines of 'Popular dad dies saving group of friends'...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Airport Delays
« Reply #607 on: May 28, 2017, 12:04:26 am »
I've had a couple of weeks in Spain, and flying back today I was frustrated to have to sit on the plane for an hour, before it was allowed to take off, for some unknown delay.
It's happened before, I hate flying anyway, always have, but delays just compound that indignation.

But then, I heard about the utter chaos and misery faced by British Airways customers worldwide on Sunday.  I made me feel much more humble.

The mismanagement involved in what I witnessed on the news beggars belief.
Or maybe it doesn't? ... given the absolute lack of professionalism we see in Britain today.
Those poor souls, and it's nowhere near to being resolved yet as I write this.
Fester...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #608 on: June 04, 2017, 12:37:29 am »
Van hits pedestrians on London Bridge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40146916

Plus multiple stabbing incidents across central London.
Not yet contained as I write this.
I now advocate internment for every one of the 3000 or so individuals on the Terrorist watchlist.
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Re: Stop Press
« Reply #609 on: June 04, 2017, 06:24:10 am »
Sadly, I believe we're nearing that.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #610 on: June 04, 2017, 12:21:43 pm »
It's time to arm the police, all police... so they can properly protect us, and themselves.   So sorry for those old dears who feel a little unsettled by their presence. The world is different from when they grew up. Also, can anyone still seriously have an objection to carrying ID cards??
Fester...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #611 on: June 04, 2017, 01:24:21 pm »
Van hits pedestrians on London Bridge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40146916

Plus multiple stabbing incidents across central London.
Not yet contained as I write this.
I now advocate internment for every one of the 3000 or so individuals on the Terrorist watchlist.

According to the BBC it is now 23000 individuals which are 'of interest' to the police.
I make no apology in saying that now is the time to 'process' them.  Once and for all.
Fester...

Offline SteveH

« Reply #612 on: June 04, 2017, 01:33:38 pm »
It's time to arm the police, all police... so they can properly protect us, and themselves.   So sorry for those old dears who feel a little unsettled by their presence. The world is different from when they grew up. Also, can anyone still seriously have an objection to carrying ID cards??

I watched a programme the other night stating that if a police officer fired their weapon, the investigation would last for two years, as much as I understand the reasons for this system, it's hardly conducive to encouraging officers to take on this option.
British police officers asked if they want to carry guns in wake of terror attacks
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/09/british-police-officers-asked-want-carry-guns-wake-terror-attacks/

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #613 on: June 04, 2017, 02:00:19 pm »
As a nation we are too tolerant of the evil people who want to change our way of life.    If a foreigner commits a crime in the UK they should be deported after serving their time.   If they have dual citizenship then the British citizenship should be taken from them and they should also be deported
As for those that are born in the UK then unfortunately we are stuck with them but the sentences need to be increased and also implemented

Offline BMD

« Reply #614 on: June 04, 2017, 03:41:31 pm »
The Telegraph puts things in perspective regarding the current terror scare:

Graphs comparing numbers killed over the years in UK & Europe --

"Terror is killing far fewer people in the UK now than it was in the 1980s [and 1970s]"
"Despite public concern, the terror threat in Europe is relatively low​"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/many-people-killed-terrorist-attacks-uk/