Author Topic: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza  (Read 175073 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Llandudno Victorian Extravaganza
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2012, 10:14:13 pm »
I look forward immensely to seeing Yorkie and Wrex on the Llandudno Town Council, working harmoniously together.  L0L L0L
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2012, 10:16:19 pm »
 _))* _))*
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: January 10, 2012, 08:32:11 am »
When I lived in Penrhyn Bay, I didn't find the Extravaganza a problem at all. If you wished to avoid it, you just went and did your shopping etc in Rhos or Colwyn Bay that weekend.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #183 on: January 10, 2012, 09:12:33 am »
So what you are saying Dave, is that we should hide away from Llandudno for the whole of the week-end and not venture forth to ASDA, M & S, Debenhams or any of the other stores that have chosen to operate in our Town Centre.  Deny ourself the right to have a coffee in one of the Town Centre Cafes, to not venture forth to meet our friends?   You seem to be asking a lot!   That is why I prefer to leave the town altogether, as indeed some other people do.

I also remember when I lived on Gloddaeth Avenue and due to the Jams an ambulance was unable to get down the road to someone who was desperately in need of urgent medical attention.

God knows what we would do if there was a major fire or incident in the town centre!

As for Wrex and the Council, he has a different political colour to myself so we will no doubt have disagreements    >>> on many matters, except decorative lighting, of course!   VV

Did anyone get upset by all the "fecking" on Mrs Brown's Boys on TV last night?     _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #184 on: January 10, 2012, 09:25:46 am »
I can see why someone might leave town for the weekend if they lived in central Llandudno and didn't wish to put up with the noise etc but not if they lived outside the town? I came into town every day of the Extravaganza last year to do photography and had coffee with friends in the usual haunts every day with no problems. In my view, it was great to see 100,000+ people visiting and enjoying our town.  $good$

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2012, 05:08:04 pm »
I can see why someone might leave town for the weekend if they lived in central Llandudno and didn't wish to put up with the noise etc but not if they lived outside the town? I came into town every day of the Extravaganza last year to do photography and had coffee with friends in the usual haunts every day with no problems. In my view, it was great to see 100,000+ people visiting and enjoying our town.  $good$

Ah! But there lies the rub.  You are young and can maybe tollerate the pushing and shoving, the noise and the fumes and the pickpockets.   Not me, so I prefer to go away and leave the place to those who enjoy it.   

For those who enjoy the Extravaganza, let them continue to do so, but for me it is one of my very enjoyable holidays with plenty of sunshine, great food and a thoroughly fantastic time.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: January 10, 2012, 06:03:40 pm »

Ah! But there lies the rub.  You are young
Thanks, Yorkie, that's not often said these days!  $good$  $good$  $good$

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #187 on: January 10, 2012, 06:14:57 pm »
 :-[ Yorkie im sorry you took the question out of text,i was not being funny,we will always disagree over this but im glad someone supports me with the lights.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2012, 06:16:37 pm »
Which lights are these Wrex?  ;D
Fester...

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2012, 06:50:15 pm »
Fester we may fallout

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2012, 08:10:37 pm »
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2012, 11:54:35 pm »
Fester we may fallout

I hope not,  I need my hall, stairs and landing decorating!  Z**
Fester...

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #192 on: January 11, 2012, 09:16:03 am »
Fester we may fallout

I hope not,  I need my hall, stairs and landing decorating!  Z**

I can recommend him wholeheartedly although we may not agree on some matters!     ZXZ
Cicero

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #193 on: January 11, 2012, 09:48:36 am »
Thank you Yorkie. $walesflag$

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2012, 12:00:53 pm »
I'm with Yorkie.
At the risk of repeating myself why not put everything on the promenade?  I've never understood why it has to go in Mostyn Street clogging everywhere up.  The buses could then run normally and the racket would be away from everyone except the hotels on the front.  Do away with that stupid parade with those dreadful smelly steam engine things, polluting the atmosphere and probably collapsing drains and problem solved.