Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 88158 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #630 on: November 02, 2021, 09:55:45 am »
It is beyond belief just how many people are lazy, stupid and selfish when it come to disposing pf litter including the disposable face masks.       Just the other day when I was walking my dog past the Pen Y Bryn School in Upper Colwyn Bay in a stretch of road just over 100 yards long I counted five disposable face masks that have just been discarded and dropped on the floor
Don't these idiots realise the danger that they are causing to wildlife and the environment?

In yesterday's edition of the Daily Mirror there was an article about a Cockerpoo dog that had swallowed one of the disposable masks that had been discarded and they had to operate on the dog to remove the mask  They couldn't risk the dog being sick in case the wire in the mask perforated the lining of the stomach or oesophagus.  These Cockerpoos will eat anything as I found out the other evening.

Mrs H had put a nice pie out for a meal and placed it on the draining board. She only went into another room for a minute but when she returned our Cockerpoo had stolen it and was eating it on the floor.    What she retrieved from him was then thrown out for the Seagulls to finish off

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #631 on: November 02, 2021, 08:47:20 pm »
Lucky seagulls!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

« Reply #632 on: November 06, 2021, 10:16:04 am »
I've heard a number of reports that ASDA  Llandudno is still not doing anything about enforcing the wearing of face masks in the store.  Has anyone noticed the number of people shopping there without wearing a face mask?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #633 on: November 06, 2021, 12:56:19 pm »
Yes Hugo, I’ve been in twice this week to Asda, I’d say that adherence to the law, (because it IS the law) is around 55 to 60%.
The hapless Security chap doesn’t seem interested, two police officers who were dealing with a teenage miscreant didn’t even glance at the maskless face walking in.
It’s completely unenforceable, and I’ve now realised that the only person getting wound up about it is me.
Fester...

Offline Hugo

« Reply #634 on: November 06, 2021, 02:00:28 pm »
It’s completely unenforceable, and I’ve now realised that the only person getting wound up about it is me.

You're not the only one getting wound up about it Fester, Mrs H and I and many others feel the same and we really don't feel safe when shopping in Asda

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #635 on: November 06, 2021, 02:25:09 pm »

You're not the only one getting wound up about it Fester, Mrs H and I and many others feel the same and we really don't feel safe when shopping in Asda

Not the only two, we gave up and now do online shopping.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #636 on: November 06, 2021, 03:18:27 pm »
Very wise too Steve.      If the people don't want to wear a mask in Asda then they could do online shopping too, it's much more safer.
I have a neighbour who does all the shopping on line but sanitizes every thing before touching the articles.    Some sceptics may think that it's OTT but at the end of the day they are just protecting themselves and their loved ones

Offline SteveH

« Reply #637 on: November 10, 2021, 10:06:55 am »
FROM November 15, people in Wales over 18 must show a covid pass to enter cinemas, concert halls and theatres.

This will show that they are fully vaccinated or had a negative lateral flow test in the past 48 hours.

https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/19705734.senedd-votes-extend-covid-passes-cinemas-theatres-concert-halls-november-15/

Offline Hugo

« Reply #638 on: November 18, 2021, 01:02:40 pm »
I was shopping in Tesco the other day and I only saw three people who didn't wear a mask, so well done Tesco and shame on Asda for not enforcing mask wearing in their shop
I've heard people bleating "I don't like wearing a mask"     Well tough, they can always shop online instead

Offline SteveH

« Reply #639 on: November 18, 2021, 03:12:28 pm »
I think these people forget that NHS staff HAVE to wear masks, hour after long hour, (see below) dealing with those who have not had the sense to wear their's, also the number of people saying they have not had a cold/flu, for two years, I wonder if wearing a mask helped ! !

I think it is worth wearing a mask just to keep the flu at bay.

A surgeon has died following a nine-week battle with coronavirus after spending four months away from his family at the height of the pandemic working in Covid wards.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/surgeon-who-spent-months-away-22203782

Offline Hugo

« Reply #640 on: November 19, 2021, 03:15:47 pm »
Welsh cinema which refused to ask for Covid passes shut down by council   Officials temporarily shut down the business after it made the announcement.     

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/welsh-cinema-refused-ask-covid-22211572

Offline Hugo

« Reply #641 on: November 24, 2021, 03:04:19 pm »
Gwynedd man showed 'no remorse' after racially abusing Asda security guard at Llandudno
The incident happened at a supermarket full of people.      Perhaps when he comes out of jail he can get a job so he can pay off the £128.00 fine       &shake&

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/gwynedd-man-showed-no-remorse-22253022

Offline SteveH

« Reply #642 on: December 02, 2021, 09:49:13 am »
People in Wales who come into contact with a probable or confirmed case of the Omicron coronavirus variant will have to self isolate for 10 days, even if they have been fully vaccinated.

At a Welsh Government press conference today, Health Minister Eluned Morgan announced that Wales will bring in the same new rules around self-isolation that have been put in place in England, WalesOnline reports.

Ms Morgan said: "We will change our self-isolation rules so everyone identified as a close contact of a confirmed or a probable Omicron case in Wales will need to isolate for 10 days, regardless of their vaccination status or age."

cont  https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/wales-introduces-new-10-day-22320467?IYA-mail=a05105fc-304d-4c50-9807-edab51f779a4

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #643 on: December 02, 2021, 08:24:15 pm »
They haven’t thought THAT through!
All it means is, everyone who fancies 10 days off ‘sick’, will phone in, and pocket £700 free money for the government.
Staff shortages and crap service looms again.
Fester...

Offline SteveH

« Reply #644 on: December 17, 2021, 09:55:08 am »
The First Minister will set out a two-phase plan to control the spread of coronavirus in Wales - with measures stepped up after Boxing Day.

The Welsh Government is issuing strong guidance to support people across Wales through the Christmas period but will not adjust the rules until December 27.

Wales will then introduce new restrictions, including for businesses and services.

This will include a 2m rule on social distancing in offices and putting extra measures in place to protect customers and staff, such as one-way systems and physical barriers.

Nightclubs will also close.

They said these tougher restrictions are needed to help control the spread of omicron which is seeing cases surge in England and Scotland.

The Welsh Government has announced up to £60m will be available to support businesses affected by the new restrictions.

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/extra-welsh-government-covid-restrictions-22489241