Author Topic: Covid restrictions enforcement  (Read 88305 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Covid restrictions enforcement
« Reply #330 on: October 05, 2020, 02:51:42 pm »
Quarantine rules considered for English hotspots.        It's difficult to argue with the logic expressed by Vaughan Gethin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-wales-54419422

Offline Hugo

« Reply #331 on: October 07, 2020, 02:26:08 pm »
North Wales Tories 'encouraging lockdown breaches' First Minister claims.    It's a shame that Party Politics has reared it's ugly head again in what is an extremely serious Pandemic situation.          The Tories have made so many mistakes and U turns and told so many lies since this outbreak of Covid  started that on hind sight it would have been better if a committee of all political parties was set up to look after the interests of everyone irrespective of their political views 

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/north-wales-tories-encouraging-lockdown-19060294

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #332 on: October 07, 2020, 03:28:42 pm »
Hugo believe it or not I have had 2 very good meetings with the local MP yes I know my dad would turn in his grave 😉 3 rd one next week, in the beginning he agreed that All parties should have got together a committee, I was round town early today the vic centre notice said free parking something to entice the shoppers of Conwy county, outside traffic warden taking regs, c,mon Ccbc help let people park, the leader ( wet behind the ears) moaning about the welsh assembly and yet him and his cronies not helping.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #333 on: October 07, 2020, 03:45:31 pm »
Norman, I hope that it's not the colour of your favourite club that has made you do this,   Uncle Bob would not be amused     &shake&

Offline Dave

« Reply #334 on: October 10, 2020, 01:34:09 pm »
So, some people think that restrictions and lockdowns are too severe and I'm one of them.
That doesn't mean I'm in favour of throwing caution to the wind, far from it. I firmly believe in the wearing of masks both indoors and outdoors too in crowded places. I am a huge believer in keeping social distancing where it is at all possible but I am against the recent lockdowns in Wales. Is the recent increase in cases in North Wales a result of tourism? Partly perhaps but the real reason is the people, no matter where they have come from.
Months on from the beginning of this crisis most business places I have visited have now implemented whatever is needed to make life as safe as possible, the trouble is a percentage of people just ignore the precautions that are there for their benefit.
Yesterday I had reason to visit B&Q in Llandudno and I have to say you can't fault their efforts to maintain distancing. They have the space and it's well marked out with directional arrows indicating which way foot flow should go. Most people were, it appeared, more than happy to stick to the floorpan even if it involved a little extra walking but one particular couple just ignored them totally and wandered where they wanted. I passed a comment to the lady on the till and she just shrugged her shoulders in a sign of submission, helpless to do anything about it really.
All the lockdowns will amount to nothing until everyone does the right thing and do as requested. But they won't.Not if they are allowed to continue unchallenged.
In the meantime people like myself are no longer allowed to invite a carefully selected number of similarly cautious people we know and trust in to our homes. As winter approaches it will become an increasingly isolated life. I live on the outskirts of town but I avoid anywhere where there are crowds of people unless absolutely necessary. I have visited the town centre twice in 6 months because the pavements are too crowded. I go to the supermarket once a week.Full stop.
So what's the answer? It has to be rule enforcement but plans to introduce "corvid marshals" are met with derision and/or outrage.
85-90% of the population are prepared to stick to the rules if they are reasonable. 50% admit to having broken them in some form or other, probably having visited a friends house during lockdown.
Why do we continue to allow 10-15% to flagrantly continue to do as they please whilst the rest of us stick to the rules?

Surely the time has come to relax the rules but hit down hard on those that break the ones that remain in place whether they be individuals or businesses.
There should be sufficiently long windows of opportunity for the old and vulnerable to come out of their hiding places and live their lives without fear too. Times when the rest of the population is at work or school.
Only then do we stand a chance of retaining a certain amount of normality whilst maintaining a level of personal safety too.
Just my opinion of course, no doubt there will be those that disagree.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #335 on: October 10, 2020, 03:00:56 pm »
Dave,  I have to agree with everything that you have said and sadly as in all walks of life it is the minority that spoil it for the rest of us.
As with regards to enforcing the laws on Coronavirus we hear so often that the Police haven't got the manpower to break up raves and house parties but that problem can be sorted out and it is not only the organisers who should be fined but each and every one who is in attendance should also be fined.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #336 on: October 11, 2020, 05:49:28 pm »
If anyone in Conwy County thinks that they are hard done by with these regulations just be grateful you don't live in Bangor!

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/incredible-41000-been-raised-memory-19086522

Offline Hugo

« Reply #337 on: October 13, 2020, 08:56:30 am »
Police are keeping a check on the movement of traffic in and out of Bangor.     Perhaps they may have to do something on the A55 near the border if Boris doesn't do anything effective about the movement of traffic in the high risk Coronavirus areas of the North West of England

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/police-patrol-bangor-city-limits-19093125

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #338 on: October 13, 2020, 01:22:51 pm »
How to find out what coronavirus lockdown rules apply in your postcode area
This handy widget tells you what restrictions are in place wherever you live in North Wales   ref DP

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/how-find-coronavirus-lockdown-rules-19092132

Offline Hugo

« Reply #339 on: October 14, 2020, 04:33:28 pm »
About time too and I hope that Boris also protects the people of England in the same way.       

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/travellers-english-coronavirus-hotspots-banned-19103150

Offline Hugo

« Reply #340 on: October 15, 2020, 08:56:03 am »
A spokesman said: "It is clear that this virus does not respect geography and any new local spikes need all levels of government to work together.

“We’ve been working closely with the devolved administrations to support communities and businesses and it is disappointing that they have chosen to act unilaterally rather than collaborating with other parts of the UK.

That statement is a joke as Boris does just what he wants to do without consulting the other Ministers and is putting wealth before health.
It's a shame that Boris is playing Party politics at this crucial time

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/coronavirus-live-updates-leaders-react-19106361

Offline Hugo

« Reply #341 on: October 15, 2020, 03:32:05 pm »
When the cars are stopped I wonder if they are all taxed and Mot'd       &shake&

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/a55-patrols-number-plate-checks-19107060

Offline DVT

« Reply #342 on: October 15, 2020, 10:14:15 pm »
One way round the problem of bars being open ... !!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #343 on: October 16, 2020, 12:08:39 pm »

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #344 on: October 16, 2020, 12:17:16 pm »
I wonder if WG is adopting the same "control" to the M4/Severn Bridge ?