Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 611586 times)

Online SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Stop Press............Police incident Colwyn Bay
« Reply #1950 on: November 20, 2023, 10:34:53 am »
A POLICE cordon is in place in Colwyn Bay after an incident in the town earlier this morning (November 20).             pioneer

North Wales Police said: ?We are currently dealing with an incident that occurred in the Greenfield Road / Bay View Road area of Colwyn Bay in the early hours of this morning, with a police cordon in place.

?We would advise the public to avoid the area until further notice, but stress there is no ongoing risk to the local community.

?There will be a police presence in the locality today whilst our enquiries continue, and we thank you for your patience.?

A witness told the Pioneer: "All streets and alleyway are cornered off and forensics are at the car.

"At 4:30am, I was woken up by blue flashing lights straight through my window. When I looked out, I noticed an ambulance and two police cars parked.

"A car that was seen this morning is now crashed into a post leading to the slip road to the motorway."

Live update.....https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/23934252.blog-huge-fire-old-colwyn-petrol-station/

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #1951 on: November 20, 2023, 05:04:10 pm »
Here's an update on the Police incident in Colwyn Bay.   Mrs H drove into town early this afternoon and some of the streets were still cordoned off

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/live-colwyn-bay-road-cordoned-28138987

Online SteveH

« Reply #1952 on: November 25, 2023, 10:10:13 am »
Update

Woman, 29, charged with murdering 65-year-old man in Colwyn Bay
The accused will appear before magistrates in the morning

Detectives announced the development this evening. They also said that two men also arrested in connection with the incident have been released on conditional police bail pending further investigations.

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/woman-29-charged-murdering-65-28172029

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1953 on: December 04, 2023, 10:33:09 am »
Homes in North Wales being heated by human poo this winter
It's been celebrated as a 'positive story' for the region's circular economy

Is a free gas mask included?

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/homes-north-wales-being-heated-28220868

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1954 on: December 10, 2023, 03:08:24 pm »
More than 150 unclaimed estates in Wales still waiting to be inherited
If you share a surname with anybody on the list, you might be the heir to a fortune

I've checked mine out but no such luck     :(

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/more-150-unclaimed-estates-wales-28263505

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1955 on: December 10, 2023, 08:56:24 pm »
🥲.  So we haven?t got a big inheritance to come our way. 😂😂. Oh well.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1956 on: December 10, 2023, 10:34:31 pm »
No such luck for us Norman.    Our G Grandfather owned the Temperance Hotel in Llandudno but he had a drinking problem and our inheritance went down the pan then.          :(     :(

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
Re: Stop Press Lost Item
« Reply #1957 on: December 14, 2023, 03:55:25 pm »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but has anyone found a hearing aid in Llandudno on Tuesday. It was lost between Gareth Roberts Opticians & Llandudno Town Hall car park. I would be most grateful for any help in locating it, thanks.

Online SteveH

« Reply #1958 on: December 15, 2023, 12:45:58 pm »
Hope its handed in, try the Town Hall reception, they are very helpful.

Offline Meleri

« Reply #1959 on: December 15, 2023, 04:37:32 pm »
Thanks for that suggestion Steve will try them on Monday, why didn't I think about that  :roll:

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1960 on: February 11, 2024, 10:39:01 am »
I've just found Bri Roberts' post about the Post Office scandal and had to look twice at the date Bri posted it.   It was in June 2020 nearly four years ago and yet it took the recent TV drama Mr Bates  Vs the Post Office to get things moving on this scandal
I watched the whole series and found it very emotional and my thoughts went out to all those people who were wrongly accused by the Post Office of false accounting.    I've also spoken to a number of people who were so upset while watching the first episode that they couldn't watch any more of it
This week on TV there were two separate reports about the scandal, the first was about a former Postmaster who was wrongly accused of false accounting and he left the area in the West Country where he lived and moved hundreds of miles away to Northumberland   just to get away from it all.   He hadn't been back to the village in the West Country since but recently returned there to be greeted by his true friends and he was in tears, it was a really emotional time for him
The second TV report was about a current sub Postmaster who had also been accused of false accounting and apparently the Post Office are still using the Horizon computer system that has brought so much heartache to hundreds of people in the past.    I must admit that when I heard that I was extremely angry but I bet that's nothing to what those innocent victims think about the Post Office
An article in the Daily Post recently was about the difficulty of finding someone to take over the Post Office in a Gwynedd village and that's understandable.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/gwynedd-town-no-post-office-28537993

Online SteveH

Re: Stop Press....Regeneration key fund to finance 42 projects in Conwy
« Reply #1961 on: March 05, 2024, 09:56:37 am »
42 PROJECTS across Conwy are set to receive funding from the UKSPF Conwy Community Regeneration Key Fund.

Bids were submitted by community-focused organisations that want to deliver projects that address local needs, contribute to building ?Pride in Place?, and make a visible difference.

With a total of ?3million allocated so far, the successful projects range from youth projects, environmental initiatives, play facilities, to community building renovations.

Cllr Nigel Smith, Conwy?s cabinet member for sustainable economy, said: ?The Community Regeneration Key Fund has made it possible for funding to be distributed across the county to make sure local communities benefit from UKSPF.

cont https://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/news/24161130.regeneration-key-fund-finance-42-projects-conwy/?ref=rss&IYA-reg=49560bcd-5a9c-47f0-8fc5-ba2e71710589

Online SteveH

Re: Llandudno promenade undergoes ground investigation work
« Reply #1962 on: March 08, 2024, 09:49:43 am »
THE COUNCIL are carrying out ground investigation work on Llandudno promenade.

Work on the promenade began this week, and is taking place between the war memorial and the lifeboat station.

The council said the work would continue into the following week.

A ground investigation is used to assess the ground conditions and sub surface structure of a site.

A Conwy County Borough Council spokesperson said: "Llandudno North Shore Promenade: we?re carrying out ground investigation work this week and next.

"We?ll be working on the prom between the Cenotaph and the lifeboat station."

Offline Hugo

« Reply #1963 on: March 08, 2024, 10:24:07 am »
I wonder why they are carrying out a ground investigation on the Promenade, does anyone know why?

Offline Meleri

« Reply #1964 on: March 08, 2024, 02:21:57 pm »
They are investigating works which will help design future coastal defence improvements & CCBC have received funding for it from the Welsh Government.