Author Topic: Human rights & Europe  (Read 7608 times)

brumbob

Re: Human rights & Europe
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 03:00:14 pm »
 :laugh: That sounds fair enough to me Hugo.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 03:41:10 pm »
I just caught the end of a discussion on TV this morning and they were talking about prisoners wanting to vote as it is their "Human Right"  to have a vote.  They then remarked that these prisoners are now asking for benefits to be paid to them during their stay in prison!
I hadn't paid too much attention to what was being said as I've heard enough rubbish being said about the subject, but I hope that the Government don't take it seriously.
Shouldn't the public be asking for compensation from the inmates for the cost of housing them and also the cost of Police time etc in putting them inside in the first place.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 04:22:03 pm »
Shouldn't the public be asking for compensation from the inmates for the cost of housing them and also the cost of Police time etc in putting them inside in the first place.

Interesting idea, but one which reveals the flaws in the current civil law system.  Most of those inside have no tangible (or findable) assets.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 05:20:58 pm »

Interesting idea, but one which reveals the flaws in the current civil law system.  Most of those inside have no tangible (or findable) assets.

You're right of course Ian, but it just shows you that the perpetrators of crime seem to have an advantage over the victims. It's PC, Human rights etc gone crazy.
It's absolute madness when an Italian in this country kills someone and an illegal Middle Eastern driver kills someone in a hit and run accident and neither can be deported because it infringes their Human Rights!!        :rage:
It's time the UK had a Human Rights policy of their own as The UK seems to be the only one following the EU Policy and it's not working in the UK's interest.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 05:28:06 pm »
I agree.  And it goes to show that crime does actually pay.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.