Author Topic: Free access to Ancestry  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
Free access to Ancestry
« on: February 05, 2015, 04:41:30 pm »
For anyone interested in their family history Ancestry.com are offering free access this weekend 6-8 February.

If you do find anyone unusual especially from the Three Towns, please share it with us all.

Happy hunting   ££$

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Free access to Ancestry
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 08:14:29 pm »
Thanks Meleri for that,  I was going to go to the Library tomorrow and search for free but now I can do it from home.     $good$

Offline Cambrian

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 12:21:52 pm »
They do, of course, want your credit card details first.  Just remember to cancel after you have used it!
I expect quite a few folk will unwittingly forget and find themselves charged for a subscription they may not want.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 12:42:32 pm »
Yes they do as I've found out this morning.  Not to worry it's back to the Library where I can search for free, but not today as it's a lovely  sunny day day even if it is a bit cold.
Ancestry does have the occasional free day with no hidden catches but it is very limited and restricted.

Offline Meleri

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 04:23:13 pm »
Sorry Hugo I hadn't realised until Cambrian pointed it out, that a credit card was needed.  :(

I have a subscription to Ancestry if you want me to look up something for you at any time.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 08:58:14 pm »
Thanks Meleri, that was very kind of you to make that offer and it's really appreciated.   I tend to do a few searches at a time at the Library and although you only get half an hour at a time, I tend to go in to the computer again and get the same time again.
Then it's out of the library asap before the Traffic Warden comes back!