Author Topic: Recommended Tradesmen in the 3 Towns area  (Read 91103 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Recommended Tradesmen in the 3 Towns area
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2022, 04:46:04 pm »
Can anyone recommend a local person who deals with repairs of electric Chainsaws?

I have a pole chainsaw and I've used it quite often this week until the belt became loose.     I've put the belt back on but it's not cutting now and when I've tried to cut things the circuit breaker has cut off the electricity supply
I suspect that I've put the cutting edge of the belt in the opposite rotation to the blade but I'd rather someone check it over for me
I've just been to Screwfix and Denbigh Pland Hire but neither firm were interested in looking at the chainsaw

I found a You tube video possibly of some help... when you say belt, do you mean the cutting chain, because that does loosen and it is very easy to put it on backwards, make sure the teeth are pointing forwards.

video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D90AvoTU6RM

Offline Hammy

• Management board member
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2022, 07:08:26 pm »
Hugo,
You could try Lucas Plant Hire in Llandudno Junction, they have attended to one of my electric chainsaws in the past.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2022, 02:47:01 pm »
I found a You tube video possibly of some help... when you say belt, do you mean the cutting chain, because that does loosen and it is very easy to put it on backwards, make sure the teeth are pointing forwards.

video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D90AvoTU6RM

My pole chainsaw in the video is exactly like mine and I found the video very helpful.     I fitted the cutting chain like the guy demonstrated and it appeared to be working fine BUT when I have tried to saw anything then the machine cut out.      The circuit breaker was not triggered by the pole cutting out so the fault is somewhere in the pole.
It needs a professional to have a look at it so I'll take Hammy's advice and try Lucas Plant Hire in Llandudno Junction.
Thanks Steve and Hammy for your replies it's really appreciated

Offline SteveH

« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2022, 03:54:08 pm »
 $good$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2022, 11:21:33 am »
Hugo,
You could try Lucas Plant Hire in Llandudno Junction, they have attended to one of my electric chainsaws in the past.

Hammy,  I took your advice and visited Lucas Plant Hire in Llandudno Junction with my chainsaw pole.  The person on the counter that I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful, completely the opposite to Screwfix where I bought the pole from.
I explained the problem to him and he dismantled the blade and then put it together again properly explaining to me where I had gone wrong and then even tested it on some wood in the workshop.
I left the shop a very happy bunny and it was so refreshing to have a service like that.       Thanks very much for your recommendation Hammy and in future I will always use Lucas Plant Hire before any other local firm

Offline Hammy

« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2022, 08:50:06 pm »
Hugo,
Glad you got good service. It is also worth noting that some of their hire charges are significantly less than some of the big boys!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2022, 09:11:37 am »
Hammy,  that chainsaw pole was put to the test yesterday and passed it .     Thanks for telling me about Lucas Plant Hire

Offline Hugo

« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2022, 05:10:02 pm »
For over 35 years I have been doing an annual cut on three tall hedges that I have in my garden but last year because of a back injury I used Woody's Garden Services to cut my conifer hedge.    I'm honest enough to admit that it was the best cut the hedge has ever had so this year they have done all three hedges for me and I'm extremely pleased with the result
The gardeners are extremely hard working and conscientious and the cost is very reasonable too

Contact Martin on
mob 07585779349  or 01492 588068 and I'm sure that you'll be pleased with the results

Offline SteveH

« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2022, 10:53:39 am »
Thanks for that, Hugo, glad you got help, I have found in the last few years, relying on local tradesmen, especially when ladders are involved...........

You gave me a fright last year  ;)

Offline Hugo

« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2022, 04:15:19 pm »
It has been very similar with me in the past Steve but I never told Mrs H about my exploits on the 20 foot high Laurel in my back garden.
That hedge has now been reduced to 9 feet
Mrs H has banned me from doing them in the future and has said that it's cheaper to get the gardeners in than to pay for all my physiotherapy treatments after I've cut the hedge
Old age doesn't come alone!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2023, 12:21:59 pm »
Can anyone recommend  a tradesman in the area who clears gutters on houses?

I have a sun lounge below one of the gutters so it would have to be one of the cleaners who works from the ground level and vacuums the moss etc out of the gutters

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2023, 07:36:47 pm »
The lady next door to me had  a lad from Rhuddlan Avenue, just up the road from me,  who calls his firm "Gutter Pro", He used a suction system and she was very happy with the result, as she has just bought the property and the previous owner had never had the gutters cleaned since the conservatory was built in the nineties. I don't know how much he charged but I'm sure he would give you a price.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2023, 10:56:56 pm »
Thanks Gwynant for that info it's very helpful.     I've looked at the web site and there are some good reviews about the firm.   

I have 5 gutters on my house, 4 of which I do myself but when I went on the sun lounge wall and tried to clean a bit of it Mrs H was mortified and now I'm banned from trying it again

I'll be in touch with the firm this week so thanks again for the recommendation

Offline Hugo

« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2023, 11:43:00 am »
The lady next door to me had  a lad from Rhuddlan Avenue, just up the road from me,  who calls his firm "Gutter Pro", He used a suction system and she was very happy with the result, as she has just bought the property and the previous owner had never had the gutters cleaned since the conservatory was built in the nineties. I don't know how much he charged but I'm sure he would give you a price.

I phoned Gutter Pro and Sion Hughes arrived on time today as promised.      He was very smart in his appearance and very helpful and professional and did an excellent job so thanks again Gwynant for your recommendation
In future rather than balancing on the coping stones on the sun lounge I'll phone Gutter Pro and would recommend the firm to anyone

Offline Hugo

« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2023, 11:42:26 am »
I need my patio cleaning, can anyone recommend a good local tradesman who cleans patios and decking?