Author Topic: The War Graves in St Tudno's Churchyard  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
The War Graves in St Tudno's Churchyard
« on: November 17, 2010, 08:38:40 pm »
The Anglican Parish of Llandudno containing the Churches of the Holy Trinity and St Tudno, produces a monthly magazine with lots of information, records and items of interest to parishioners and others, and in the November issue, Vernon Morris relates the research he has done in connection with the five registered War Graves in St Tudno's Churchyard.

The magazine is available in printed form from the churches but there is also a pdf version (without the adverts) online at

www.llandudno-parish.org.uk/parish_magazine.html    -  select the November issue and scroll down to pages 24 -27

I seem to remember discussions about people buried on the Orme, on the old forum from to time so I am sure readers will find this story of interest.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:45:46 pm by Bellringer »

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: The War Graves in St Tudno's Churchyard
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 09:21:15 pm »
For more information about St Tudno's Church and churchyard, its history, its services, and other details, please visit

www.llandudno-parish.org.uk/sttudno.html

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 09:24:00 pm »
Interesting article, Stan, thanks for letting us know about it.  :)

Speaking of St. Tudnos, was anything ever decided about the proposed closure of the Public Toilets?

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 09:28:28 pm »
I don't think anything positive came out of the discussions with the Town Council but it would seem perhaps that CCBC have left things as they were and the toilets have been available for use between certain hours and are regularly cleaned.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 08:18:51 am »
That's good to hear.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 11:32:01 am »
Bellringer is right about the public toilets by St. Tudno's Church / Great Orme Cemetery.  They are open each day between about 10.00 am and 4.00 pm and while longer hours would be nice in summer, at least they are still opened and cleaned. 

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 12:44:56 pm »
Thanks for the info and welcome to the Forum, Blodyn.  :)

Offline Gixer181

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 12:03:27 am »
i had heard about pow's buried in the grave yard but how did the thread get onto public toilets are they buried there