Author Topic: Photography  (Read 270306 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Photography
« Reply #495 on: December 11, 2012, 09:07:05 pm »
Brilliant photos as usual DaveR, I saw on Wales Today last night that the Duke of Lancaster is now to be a canvas for street art, did I hear correctly that one of them is be Banksy?
Thanks, Jack. The three monkeys one is in the banksy style but maybe they are trying to get the great man himself to contribute, there's a lot of space left on the hull at the moment.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #496 on: December 13, 2012, 09:36:16 pm »
Those are interesting photos, Dave.  I see the ship fairly regularly from the train but have never been any closer.   $thanx$

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #497 on: December 13, 2012, 10:29:07 pm »
Great photos of Gwrych Castle and I particularly like the first one.   It's a shame that it was allowed to deteriorate so much, I remember the magnificent staircase that they had there as we enjoyed  a few meals there many years ago.
Let's hope that the new owners will restore it to its former glory

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #498 on: December 17, 2012, 08:23:11 pm »
Neon sculpture at the Engedi Arts Project in Colwyn Bay:

Amen by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr

Offline sam

« Reply #499 on: December 17, 2012, 09:35:53 pm »
Nice shot Dave.

http://www.engediarts.com/events

"Engediarts is a concept for diverse and exiting showcasing of the Arts and Music in and around Colwyn Bay, North Wales."
Venue - The Imperial Hotel opp railway station.

Just  thought I'd mention the AVENT-urous exhibition is running until the 22nd December- come and have a gweld! Was there helping invigilate the other day and was inspired, thoughts were provoked and I found some of the work quite emotional and also slightly amusing at points.
Also evening events coming up - Friday 21st December - Acoustic night with Marcus Bonfanti and TG Elias. Free entry,open from 7.30pm with bar available. Z**

http://www.engediarts.com/events/christmas-show-2012/eventlets/acoustic-night1

Offline sam

« Reply #500 on: December 17, 2012, 10:13:34 pm »
*ADVENT-urous*

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #501 on: December 18, 2012, 08:32:36 pm »
Return visit to Porth Wen on Anglesey today. I like how this photo makes it looks like the remains of an Aztec civilisation or similar:

Porth Wen by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr

Offline Jack

« Reply #502 on: December 18, 2012, 08:43:29 pm »
A very atmospheric image DaveR from one of my favourite places!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #503 on: December 18, 2012, 08:57:20 pm »
A very atmospheric image DaveR from one of my favourite places!
Thank you! It is a fascinating place, there was no-one else there today and all we could hear were the cries of the seabirds across the Bay.

Offline Jack

« Reply #504 on: December 19, 2012, 09:00:38 am »
That is the advantage of next to no car access, the place to yourself!  I've often been in the height of Summer and been there alone after walking along the cliffs from Bull Bay, probably the nicest part of the Anglesey coast.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #505 on: December 19, 2012, 09:19:37 am »
Very true! Does anyone have any recommendations for a good book of Anglesey coastal walks?

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #506 on: December 19, 2012, 09:35:59 am »
I have two books in the series "Walks with History"
Circular Walks on Anglesey is a series of walks, the longest being 8 miles many involving the coastline.
Walking Anglesey's Shoreline is the whole of the coast, but many of the walks sound awkward as they involve beach, rocks and tides ( which naturally they would ).
Alas-- they are now all beyond both of us, but we have visited alot of the places mentioned.
I like this series of books, as the 'history points' are interesting.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #507 on: December 19, 2012, 10:05:51 am »
Thanks, Nem, I've ordered the Circular Walks one.  $good$

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #508 on: December 19, 2012, 11:47:00 am »
Wellies as well? ;D
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #509 on: December 19, 2012, 12:21:00 pm »
                 Anglesey County Council publish a series of pamphlets entitled "Circular Coastal Walks on the Isle of Anglsey", which I have found to be very useful and detailed. They each cover certain areas (some have 2 or 3 walks from the same start point) and are mostly waymarked. They cover areas such as Llandona, Pentraeth, Brynsiencyn, Llyn Alaw, Amlwch, Moelfre, Dwynwen, Newborough, Aberfraw, Holy Island etc. and there was also a separate 42 page booklet  (with maps) available last year entitled "Circular walks on Anglesey's coast".
             They are available from libraries, tourist information etc. and probably also on-line. I got at least 9 pamphlets and the booklet from the Tourist Info. at Llanfair P.G. and they have been very handy.