Author Topic: Photography  (Read 270359 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Photography
« Reply #420 on: July 02, 2012, 09:54:22 am »
Really excellent pics, Ludo. Please keep them coming if you have more to share.  $good$

Offline Ludo

« Reply #421 on: July 02, 2012, 09:57:28 am »
Wow - thanks my friends!. It really makes a difference to know someone enjoys these photos when we post them doesn't it. I really like all the photos posted here, somehow they seem like paragraphs in chapters of the mother and father of all coffee table books about our favourite part of the world - written by all of us from such different and fascinating perspectives. Big up DaveR for starting the show in the first place I say - it has become one of the most visited forums I have ever seen for a niche subject - and getting better every day!. It's a great service to the people of the three towns - and Wales in general I think. No less than a world wide ambassador for the beauty and social history of the area...  $walesflag$
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #422 on: July 02, 2012, 10:17:47 am »
Thanks, Ludo, glad you like it!  $thanx$

Offline Ludo

« Reply #423 on: July 02, 2012, 10:20:03 am »
Really excellent pics, Ludo. Please keep them coming if you have more to share.  $good$

Are you sure Dave? - i have loads of images both self made (drawings and photographs) and historical interest too... I am never really sure if I'm posting them in the right place though - I suppose photography is the right place for my own photos irrespective of the subject matter isn't it?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #424 on: July 02, 2012, 10:26:09 am »
If you have loads of photos and drawings that would like to share, I can always set you up with a special thread called 'Ludo's Photos & Drawings Thread' that you could add your bits and pieces in whenever you felt like it?

Offline Ludo

« Reply #425 on: July 02, 2012, 10:35:56 am »
If you have loads of photos and drawings that would like to share, I can always set you up with a special thread called 'Ludo's Photos & Drawings Thread' that you could add your bits and pieces in whenever you felt like it?

Ok Dave - if that would be neater for the forum and not too much trouble for you to set up. that would be great!. I can't promise I can fill it up quickly though - I struggle to find the time for things I like to do for myself these days. I am working on some interesting 3 towns ideas though - I'll tell you all about them when I have them finished...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #426 on: July 02, 2012, 10:46:10 am »

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #427 on: July 02, 2012, 11:14:58 am »
We can also move those in here to the new topic, if you'd like that. They are outstanding.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ludo

« Reply #428 on: July 02, 2012, 11:47:02 am »
Hi Ian, thanks for this - I was thinking maybe it would be best to leave those I've already posted here and in other threads where they are, as people have replied and commented on them and perhaps they would make less sense without the pictures. But it's up to you of course, whichever you think is best is fine with me.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #429 on: July 02, 2012, 11:52:51 am »
We can move entire tranches across, Ludo, complete with the associated comments, if you wish but it's your call.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ludo

« Reply #430 on: July 02, 2012, 03:04:22 pm »
We can move entire tranches across, Ludo, complete with the associated comments, if you wish but it's your call.

Shall we leave everything as is at the mo then Ian? - then if things get a bit clogged in some threads, maybe move things around in the future. Is that a solution for now?.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #431 on: July 10, 2012, 09:44:23 pm »
I saw Marc Rees, the curator of the Adain Avion art event, in Llandudno this afternoon, so thought I would ask him if I could accompany the Air Stewardesses around town and take a few photos. He was very happy for me to do so. They were a pleasure to work with and created quite a stir as they walked around town. Here's just a couple few the photos we took:

Adain Avion by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr

Online Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #432 on: July 10, 2012, 10:19:19 pm »
Very good, DaveR.  $cool$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #433 on: July 10, 2012, 11:10:59 pm »
But aside from the fact that these ladies are somewhat easy on the eye, .... what is the point of all this?   
How long is it going on for?     And..............am I paying for it????

These ladies marching up and down the pier, clomping with their heels and wheeled cases, keep waking me up from my slumbers in the kiosk!   :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #434 on: August 18, 2012, 08:34:52 pm »
I was walking through Rhos this morning and caught this rather nice scene of light playing on the water:

Rhos Clouds by [davidrobertsphotography], on Flickr