Author Topic: Photography  (Read 270348 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Photography
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2012, 07:06:06 pm »
Nice work, ME. I particularly like the shot of the Conwy river from Glan Conwy.  $good$

Offline Jack

« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2012, 07:08:53 pm »
 $cool$  I love that shot of the estuary with the tide out against the backdrop of the Carneddau, the glistening railway line in the foreground, fantastic.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2012, 08:02:19 pm »
I have to say that the picture of the estuary, with its meandering rivulets and the richness of the detail is one of the best I have ever seen.

Get it framed, I would BUY that.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #303 on: February 04, 2012, 08:49:19 am »
Outstanding, ME;  never seen the estuary look so mystical.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #304 on: February 04, 2012, 09:44:59 am »
Thanks for all the comments, I'm very pleased with the little Nikon camera. The shot of the estuary was taken from the layby at about 2.30pm, I broke all the rules by shooting into the sun, mind you, rules are there to be broken  :twoface:    I've never printed any pictures (apart from my own printer up to A4) where could I get that done? Jessops?

I took quite a few pics there, also at the station in Glan Conwy, a beautiful location!

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2012, 10:25:28 am »
Yes, you probably could go to Jessops and get it done. Plenty of online places as well, like Photobox, do a great job.

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2012, 11:06:10 am »
There have been so many wonderful photographs on the forum.
I originally found the forum through Dave R’s photos as I think did many others.
I for one would love to be able to go and see a “Local’s eye view” exhibition of photos of the area taken by people who live here.
Maybe the talented photographers on the forum could get together and display them in a cafe or gallery in the town.
I think it would be of interest to visitors and locals alike especially if it was possible to buy prints and cards.
Unfortunately the expense of the printing and framing would  probably be prohibitive unless some funding could be found?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #307 on: February 04, 2012, 11:16:15 am »
Yes, you probably could go to Jessops and get it done. Plenty of online places as well, like Photobox, do a great job.

or Asda and you can then collect them when you have finished shopping.

Offline martin

« Reply #308 on: February 04, 2012, 11:18:34 am »
M E - Have you not thought about using you printer to produce photo's?  I do it all of the time using my HP Photosmart printer, the results are fantastic.  If I am printing something I tend to go for full A4 page size.  The photo paper is now fairly inexpensive, and the inks, I do not buy HP inks at their silly prices, but get generic one's on E-Bay, I think the last one's I got were only about £20, and that was for three full sets on inks, (my printer has five colours and one black).  Also, the actual printer are now really cheap, even for a good one, no need to pay more than £100 for a photo printer.  I would certainly recommend my printer which retails around the £100 mark. 

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #309 on: February 04, 2012, 01:20:57 pm »
Lovely photos, Jack, ME and Nemesis.

Jack, don't apologise for more photos of beautiful West Shore sunsets!  I have innumerable photos of West Shore sunsets but can never resist taking another - they're all different!  For some reason I don't seem to see as many sunrises.   ???

Martin, I'm interested that you have good results with non-HP inks.  I too have a Photosmart printer but haven't tried any generic inks after a bad experience with my previous HP Printer.  Do you use any particular brand? 

Offline martin

« Reply #310 on: February 04, 2012, 01:50:56 pm »
Blodyn - I get mine through E-Bay from a supplier called Ink-Power, just looked at their site and 12 inks, which is two full sets for my printer, 5 colour and 1 black, are just £12.99 including postage.  I have been buying from them for several years and not had a dud yet.  My brother also uses them, again with no problems.  As I mentioned in my post, the results are first class. 

ME - I really like your latest photo's especially the last one. 

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #311 on: February 04, 2012, 01:58:04 pm »
Thanks, Martin, I'll look into those inks, they sound really good value.   $thanx$

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #312 on: February 04, 2012, 02:01:47 pm »
Thanks Martin I will also have a look at the site.  I bought some cheaper inks a couple of months ago and they were dreadful.  It hasn't put me off though they were obviously just bad suppliers.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #313 on: February 04, 2012, 02:55:20 pm »
I also have had one or two bad experiences with cheap ink-- also the cheap photopaper i.e from the £ shop. I find the paper from Jessops seems to be the best.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline martin

« Reply #314 on: February 04, 2012, 03:02:35 pm »
I also have had one or two bad experiences with cheap ink-- also the cheap photopaper i.e from the £ shop. I find the paper from Jessops seems to be the best.
That's interesting but I think with photo paper you will get what you pay for.  I too have some Jessops gloss photo paper and agree it is fine.  I have found that any of the well known makes are good, just a case of shopping around for any deals that may be on, best to buy it when you see it on offer.