Author Topic: Quiz Time (General Knowledge & Out of Area)  (Read 1252444 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Quiz Time (General Knowledge & Out of Area)
« Reply #4965 on: April 20, 2015, 06:24:41 pm »
For my next guess, I'd say west coast of Anglesey and Rhoscolyn and a wild guess, that you visited the White Eagle too.     ;D
Correct on all counts, Hugo.  ;D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4966 on: April 21, 2015, 02:47:25 pm »
Where would you find this odd looking bar?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #4967 on: April 21, 2015, 03:55:38 pm »
Oh, thats BRILLIANT... I have no idea where it is, but it's like a Spanish Galleon, and I wanna go there!!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #4968 on: April 21, 2015, 04:40:00 pm »
Perhaps a day out in Blackpool to The Winter Gardens would do it Fester. I'd come with you if Captain Sparrow & Will Turner were the bar tenders  ;D

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #4969 on: April 22, 2015, 08:43:16 am »

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4970 on: April 22, 2015, 04:31:45 pm »
                     Where did I spot this yellow floral circle in a field today? I wasn't close enough to see what they are but I think they could be daffodils.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4971 on: April 22, 2015, 08:29:27 pm »
  To me it looks very,very similar to the approach to the first green on my golf course. But its not. Unless I have become yellow blind

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4972 on: April 22, 2015, 09:39:58 pm »
  You're right Mike, it's not the approach to your first green, but is is in North Wales and obviously only visible in the spring months. To quote Hugo in a clue for a recent quiz question, many forum readers will have passed within 100 mts of it, using one of two available modes of mechanised transport, and it is also within 500 mts of a famous site of Welsh legend.               
 I only noticed it today as I was looking from some way off, back towards a follically-challenged bird of prey.........

$walesflag$                         

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #4973 on: April 22, 2015, 10:53:06 pm »
I might be a long way off the mark but it's obviously near a railway and main road but judging from the new track  I think it's the Welsh Highland Railway and the follically-challenged bird of prey may be the young Osprey chicks just south of the Aberglaslyn Pass.
But 500 metres from a site of Welsh Legend?     ???
Maybe Portmeirion, maybe not,  I need to have another think on this as I haven't really got a clue.      ?{}?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4974 on: April 22, 2015, 11:15:18 pm »
A very wild guess at Beddgelert  on the western side of the A498, just before the fisherman's path and the site is Gelerts Grave with you looking in the direction of the Osprey's nest.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4975 on: April 23, 2015, 08:38:10 am »
               Very good first guess M.E., but Hugo is more or less there. It is looking across the Afon Glaslyn from the footpath on the eastern side of the river. I've never seen it before, but of course you have to be there in the spring and it doesn't show up on Google Earth! A very good guess at the osprey chicks at Pont Croesor by both, but the "follically-challenged bird of prey" I was referring to was Moel Hebog, (literal Cymraeg translation = "Bald or bare hawk or kestrel!), on the lower slopes of which the floral ring is situated. (See pics).
                Mrs Gwynant and I had a trip out to Beddgelert on the WHR, walked the Fisherman's Path and returned on the bus to Caernarfon, the visibility was superb and Snowdon and the Nantlle Ridge were crystal clear.
                                                                                                                                             &well&    $walesflag$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4976 on: April 29, 2015, 01:56:46 pm »
Where would you be if you were sitting on this bench?         $walesflag$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4977 on: April 29, 2015, 07:46:08 pm »
Perhaps this photo will help to find where you will be if you sit on the bench?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4978 on: April 29, 2015, 10:23:01 pm »
It's near to a large Church but where will that Church be?       $walesflag$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4979 on: April 30, 2015, 08:49:04 am »
You would be lucky to get a seat here at the weekend as the place should be buzzing!           $walesflag$