Author Topic: Niggles  (Read 163547 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: Niggles
« Reply #330 on: March 16, 2011, 06:01:33 pm »
the biggest problem was rust, the hours I spent with angle grinders and a mig welder, not to mention endless hours rebuilding engines, changing gearboxes and diffs  :laugh:  and now I'm tempted by another classic car on Ebay, one that I've never owned before, I'm fighting the urge to see it at the moment  L0L
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Yorkie

« Reply #331 on: March 16, 2011, 07:06:03 pm »
Go on - you know you want to!     _))*

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #332 on: March 16, 2011, 10:33:29 pm »

brumbob

« Reply #333 on: March 16, 2011, 11:26:30 pm »
It's also here
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C202669/
so don't start bidding on it

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #334 on: March 16, 2011, 11:41:09 pm »
thanks BB, I've seen that ad, I might go and look, no road tax to pay and I can insure it for a year for around £140......no, no L0L

brumbob

« Reply #335 on: March 16, 2011, 11:51:52 pm »
mpg?

brumbob

« Reply #336 on: March 16, 2011, 11:56:55 pm »
arghhhh noooooo
Birmingham set for snow next week in new cold snap
Winter weather is set to hit the West Midlands again with temperatures expected to plunge to -5 degrees centigrade.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #337 on: March 17, 2011, 06:44:40 am »
mpg?

very good, about 14mpg  :o  :laugh: 

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #338 on: March 17, 2011, 07:52:53 am »
arghhhh noooooo
Birmingham set for snow next week in new cold snap

Good for the Birmingham Siberian Caviar company.  You know what they say - there Snow business like Roe business...

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Yorkie

« Reply #339 on: March 17, 2011, 09:02:06 am »
my heart says yes, but my head says not sure :laugh:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260749670744&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Too big for my little drive - what a shame - would be great to keep the chickens in!     L0L

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #340 on: March 17, 2011, 09:06:58 am »
Too big for my little drive - what a shame - would be great to keep the chickens in!     L0L

heresy  :o  L0L  currently I've got a slightly off colour pigeon roosting in the garage at night and much as I love him, I would not want him roosting in a Bentley  _))*

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #341 on: March 17, 2011, 11:36:47 am »
I understand kids have to wear their uniforms to school.  but every now and again it's not possible. My youngest was unable to wear his today as I've sewn them twice this week on the seam and they split again.  They must be a faulty pair, so I decided to buy another pair.  I wrote him a note for school explaining why he wasn't wearing his school trousers and that it would only be for today.  Bless he's just text me now, he's been put in bloody segregation all day.  What's the point in that!  It's not as if he can go and buy his own kecks is it.  Maybe the answer would have been to keep him off school for the day? Not a very responsible solution is it.  Ridiculous. 
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Yorkie

« Reply #342 on: March 17, 2011, 01:11:13 pm »
How bloody ridiculous!

I would pen a strongly worded complaint to the School, and the Local Authority and the Schools Minister, not forgetting David Jones AM, and anyone else who could help your cause!

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #343 on: March 17, 2011, 01:41:02 pm »
It makes me think, what if parents haven't got the money to pay out for uniform?  I know that some get grants but y'know what kids are like at 13.  He's lost his jumper twice at £14 a pop.  They also grow at an alarming rate throughout the year (he's taller than me now).  If these kids are sent to school without an item of uniform, with a note explaining the problem, is it honestly fair to single them out and put them in segregation away from their friends and class rooms all day!  What's the point they may as well stay at home without the ridicule!  :rage: :rage: :rage:

I'll start with a letter for the "jobs worth" Headmaster.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #344 on: March 17, 2011, 01:49:54 pm »
What on earth is he doing with losing his jumper twice? It's not like its a set of car keys, is it?  L0L