Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 560968 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1740 on: July 16, 2016, 07:40:07 pm »
I can report that he is still well enough to kick my backside at Scrabble on a daily basis.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1741 on: July 18, 2016, 04:35:12 pm »
Well done Yorkie, I wish you a speedy recovery  :)
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1742 on: August 05, 2016, 11:34:14 am »
Very busy elsewhere at the moment, but just popped in to say that I hope all GVC Holdings Shareholders (and I know several who are members of the Forum) are happy with the company's performance this year - as we hoped, it has been truly exceptional. In my own case, as one or two of you know,  it was been a life changing investment. Congratulations to all of you who kept the faith.  $good$

http://www.cityam.com/246710/gvc-holdings-shares-pop-11-year-high-refinancing-deal

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1743 on: August 05, 2016, 12:47:10 pm »
Will always be grateful for your GVC tip 5 years ago Dave,  it certainly transformed our lives!  $good$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1744 on: August 06, 2016, 10:16:52 pm »
Indeed Dave, and seeing as the value of my investment has grown SEVEN-FOLD over the time I have held the shares, I have decided to commission a statue of you to be erected on Llandudno promenade.
Do you think that 40ft in height would suffice?
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1745 on: August 07, 2016, 09:11:28 am »
Come now, thats a bit over the top.

35 foot would be sufficient, as long as it is floodlit.  :laugh:

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1747 on: August 14, 2016, 01:46:04 pm »
 _))* _))* _))* _))* _))*

Wonderful!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1748 on: August 20, 2016, 08:02:08 pm »
  Forum appears to be very peaceful. So --- I know how some of you enjoy arguing over legal points so how about this.
   Last week I was driving out of the car park behind Barclays bank in Mostyn Street when my phone which was lying on the passenger seat started to ring. Without thinking I stopped the car and answered it. I was close to the exit, no car behind me. A Colwyn council vehicle drove in with a smartly dressed uniformed lady driving who wound her window down and with an angry stare at me said stop using that phone. Me without thinking "I'm not on a highway" she repeated her order and I repeated my response but after the second or third try gave up and put the phone down.
   Who is right? Do council carpark chiefs have powers like this in their car parks? Pity Yorkie is no longer putting in his two pennyworth. I bet he knows

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1749 on: August 20, 2016, 09:30:59 pm »
God knows Mike, but they don't waste any opportunity to flex their 'Little Hitler' powers whenever they can.
Probably makes their day to feel that they have made you submit to their whims.
Fester...

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #1750 on: August 21, 2016, 07:33:39 am »
It's an interesting one, as technically a council car park is classified as a Public road for legal purposes and if you were sitting in a car on the road with the engine running and using a mobile I suppose you could be told to get off the 'phone by a Police Officer.  I doubt she had the power to do it, however, and it's highly unlikely anything would have happened had you continued to use it and remain stationary.   
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #1751 on: August 21, 2016, 11:59:18 am »

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #1752 on: August 21, 2016, 12:07:43 pm »
Mike,  you have been caught out by that lady as it is indeed an offence to use a mobile phone whilst a vehicle is stationary in a lay-by or at the side of the road with the engine running, and the important point to note here is 'with the engine running'.
I doubt if she had the powers to book you for it as she could have done so.
Next time park safely and turn the engine off before you pick up the phone.

$smack$

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1753 on: August 21, 2016, 08:35:32 pm »
  So the moral is that phone rings whilst you are in a car park, not the road, so you stop blocking everyone else, turn the engine off and gab away merrily. Seems rather strange but I will believe you all. Sorry if I hold the whole car park up for ten minutes.

Offline SDQ

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1754 on: August 21, 2016, 09:33:19 pm »
  So the moral is that phone rings whilst you are in a car park, not the road, so you stop blocking everyone else, turn the engine off and gab away merrily. Seems rather strange but I will believe you all. Sorry if I hold the whole car park up for ten minutes.

I think you'll find the moral is you shouldn't answer the phone at all whilst operating a motor vehicle!
Valar Morghulis