Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 561368 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1335 on: October 16, 2013, 08:36:17 am »
I'm always amazed when that happens, yet it does quite frequently.  If they all backed into their parking spaces at least they'd be able to see what was in front of them when they drive off but sadly a lot of people don't seem to be able to reverse into anything smaller than a football field...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Tosh

« Reply #1336 on: October 16, 2013, 09:36:36 am »
I reverse in 99% of the time, even on the drive at home.
Makes sense to me.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1337 on: October 16, 2013, 09:39:25 am »
I also reverse into driveways, parking spaces etc, just seems logical!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1338 on: October 16, 2013, 11:36:12 am »
Only time I don't, is if I am in a car park and the rear access to the boot is blocked by bushes !!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1339 on: October 16, 2013, 08:07:22 pm »
   Yes, but I'm sure the one exception is reversing on to a petrol pump when cars are queueing up to get fuel. As in my case Mike

Offline Minime

« Reply #1340 on: October 17, 2013, 12:16:09 am »
Then can finally move in yay!  Had thought it was monday but didnt read the small print on the 13 page contract from removals to say theyre taking the big stuff on tuesday rather than monday which is the smaller bits.

Wonder how long it will take OH to unpack his fishing gear and I lose him for the day.

Moving the fish tanks over the weekend, not a task im looking forward to especially catching the urchin and unsticking it from the net

Offline Linda

« Reply #1341 on: October 17, 2013, 12:28:56 am »
Good Luck Minime! and Welcome I emigrated from Cheshire./Gt Manchester 40 years ago. My OH and I are moving soon downsizing to bung. So even though just local a bit of a nightmare clearing out and packing up. Im still in the process of what to clear out and keep, Im a bit of a hoarder so have to be strict with myself. Hope all goes well  $good$

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1342 on: October 17, 2013, 07:41:18 am »
Good luck with the move!  ££$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #1343 on: October 17, 2013, 05:16:01 pm »
Good luck with the move Minime, I hope you have better luck with your move than we did. Our removal van gave up the ghost as it came off the M56 and delayed us for another 24hrs  ££$
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline hollins

« Reply #1344 on: October 17, 2013, 06:05:24 pm »
All the best Minime for a trouble free move.
Plumbing problems meant we had to decamp to the Imperial on our first night living in North Wales. Better luck to you!

Offline Minime

« Reply #1345 on: October 19, 2013, 11:10:44 pm »
Cheers all!  Moved marine and tropical tanks over.  You know your water is that pure its almost RO so only needed a capful of this stuff rather than wait 3hrs per 25ltr.  Only lost the 2 peppermint shrimp on the journey, dunno why but the urchin also discharged a couple of spines so maybe they harrassed him.
House feels really cozy and welcoming, a home not one of the new fangled clinical feels.  I cant get up the drive to save my life though, stalled OHs landy twice and you know you start getting tetchy when hes standing looking at me failing miserably ha!
He rode the bike down and it was torrential rain and bright sunshine on the way, reminds me to get some really really good shades as I normally go to work heading west so not been an issue before but winter sun on morning slog urgh.
Last of packing tommoz before the van comes on monday.  Ive soooo much junk but 2 skip full less now, quite refreshing :)
Linda we're coming from a bungalow to 3 story.  Always found the bungalow to be exceptionally cold.  Its got a 25ft conservatory which sucks all the heat and is a dorma with very Little insulation. 

Offline dingo20

« Reply #1346 on: October 21, 2013, 10:33:10 am »
Can anyone explain this sign to me? What is the point of getting someone to make the sign and erect it? It's like me saying "I know something you don't know"

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #1347 on: October 21, 2013, 11:38:08 am »
It was dreamt up by the chap who didn't have a job.  He went to the Council and asked for a job, and when asked about his qualifications he said that he made informative signs that really said nothing.  The Council, having checked their Staff files, decided they did not have such a person, and created a highly paid vacancy and employed the individual on the spot!   They have lots of such positions in the Council that they have created in the past!   
 _))*
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1348 on: October 21, 2013, 08:23:06 pm »
But that has got to be a contender for the most pointless sign ever created award.

CCBC need to make cuts to spending?  I think I might know where to look first.

In fact the more I think about this, I am 100% convinced that CCBC are taking the p##s.  &shake& &shake&
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1349 on: October 22, 2013, 11:22:10 am »
Those ByeLaw signs can be found at every Council owned open space in Conwy.