Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 561150 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #1005 on: July 03, 2012, 02:37:04 pm »
Just received this email:

I work for a market research company and we are looking for 12
males/females to take part in a 60 minute market research focus group which will be centered around the topic \"approaching legal issues\". The discussions are looking at how people think they would approach legal issues if they encountered them, and what information and support they think they might want during that process.

Please note that to take part no previous legal experience is required and you will not have to prepare anything in advance. We just want people who are happy to put their opinions across and talk about how they might approach different situations if they had to.

Everyone who takes part will receive a £25 \'Love2Shop\' gift voucher as a way of thank you. Please see the link below showing where this voucher can be redeemed (most high street retailers accept this voucher);

http://www.highstreetvouchers.com/COMMON/pdfs/l2s-voucher-retail-list.pdf

There are a choice of two focus groups which are taking place in
Llandudno (LL30) on Monday 9th of July at the following times (the
screener will ask your availability);

14.30pm - 15.30pm (Welsh)

17.00pm - 18.00pm (English)

If you would like to be considered for the research then please complete the screener survey by following the link below;

http://www.mrfgr.co.uk/survey_module/index.php?sid=24133&lang=en

Please note this is not a sales or marketing request. This is a genuine market research requirement. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Depending on the number of responses to this request, surveys can take a few hours to process. Please be patient and bear with us. It would be most appreciated if you can refrain from calling the office as to the status of your response. We will contact you accordingly in the event that you are selected.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1006 on: July 06, 2012, 03:40:12 pm »
We are going to Venue Cymru tonight to see The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Show, should be very good, anyone else going?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #1007 on: July 12, 2012, 04:08:03 pm »
Lovely Llandudno where the charming man in the Zip Yard says to me, "What can we do for you young lady?"
My young lady days are definitely over but it made me feel better anyway, so thank you!
The same cannot be said for M&S. Only 7 weeks to go now until M&S Cheshire Oaks is open. Sorry Llandudno but the M&S is grim.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1008 on: July 12, 2012, 09:13:21 pm »
 Just a chat about our favourite windfarm.   There is at long last a "building" out there. You can see it for yourself. That is if you have good eyes, binoculars and no poor visability.
    Its sizeable (its a type of transmitter station} but probably not as high as the turbines.

All I would like to say all the tosh fed by the voluble Mr Reay and his little group, what a load of rubbish
    Amongst all the stupid group has gone on about over the last 3 to 4 years is the "devastation" impact on tourism. Well, most of the staying visitors to Llandudno get in their coach or car and off to Porthmadoc. Betws y Coed etc.   The day visitors park around somewhere. Many, probably most head to Mostyn Street or Mostyn Champannes, then a spot to eat, wander about towards the pier or prom.   There is a chance they might see the windfarm if weather conditions are right (that virtuall rules out ALL this year}

But to say they would be put off coming, sheer fantasy.

I imagine the subject is now closed and  nd Mr Reay can reflect he has wasted three years of his life-----and a lot of other people who were forced to defend   it   Mike

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #1009 on: July 12, 2012, 10:54:40 pm »
Mike, sorry to disagree with you my good friend, but I hear nothing but negative opinions expressed by visitors regarding the windfarm.

I personally think it is an example of pointless, politically motivated vandalism, as it is entirely unproved technology which benefits only German shareholders.

When people tell me that they think it ruins the bay and the horizon, you should see their faces when I tell them that another 160 (at least) will be added very soon.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #1010 on: July 13, 2012, 08:42:38 am »
entirely unproved technology which benefits only German shareholders.
How about UK shareholders benefiting from German gamblers?  :P

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1011 on: July 13, 2012, 09:14:03 am »
Now there's an idea! I like it!  ;D

Offline 1_rob_1

« Reply #1012 on: July 13, 2012, 09:52:21 pm »
From my visit on 6-8th July.
The windfarms are a bit of an eyesore, but that doesn't distract attention from the town its-self, so if more were were constructed, it probably wouldn't make much of a difference to tourists. - I would be classed as a tourist, cos I dont live in the area, but I have visited on a regular basis from before the windfarm was constructed.

What the tourists would look at is the state of the works on the prom (the fenced off area) not finished!! 
The Happy valley reading chair & bandstand fenced off + longggg grass. Empty shops. & the west shore seems pretty ignored.

The flowerbeds in the main town seemed to be acceptable.

I met & had a chat with a local chap on Halfre Gardens - 92 years old, with his wife,  & still walking up there - fantastic!!!!!  - - The locals are so friendly around this area.

Merddin Emrys, I know you will read this thread, I hope your new aviary build went ok & your menagerie is thriving well. :-))

Ludo, your pics are fantastic - keep them up.

Dave R, You have a competitor...... :-))

Rob

Offline 1_rob_1

« Reply #1013 on: July 13, 2012, 10:07:13 pm »
Also, all the new kiddie attractions on the pier kind of spoil the old worldie look of it.  - They have been constructed around the outskirts of the pier, so in busy periods, if you were at the end near the fishing/landing platform, you would probably have to queue to look over the end of it.   :(

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1014 on: July 13, 2012, 10:53:13 pm »
Merddin Emrys, I know you will read this thread, I hope your new aviary build went ok & your menagerie is thriving well. :-))

Rob

Thanks Rob, aviary all done apart from a coat of sage green paint to tone it down from the orange it is now, but it never stops raining today! All of our birds are thriving!  Two of us got a carport built over two days this week ,mostly managed to dodge the rain and now all of the classic cars are under cover  D) It's been very well tested with today's non stop rain!

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1015 on: July 14, 2012, 09:50:21 pm »
   Hello Fester, dont apologise!!  Ive had plenty of that when I said the earth was flat.
  The thing is that you are misleading people, who are looking at the little site off Rhos, if you say "theres another 160 of them going out there."    Without pointing out that their visable height will be about one hundreth less than what they are looking at.
  There is another point which I do feel strongly about.   Have you ever driven towards Bala, or on to the moors,  or into (not sure of spelling} Hirathog.   Now you are within maybe 1 mile of them, open your window and you will hear them.  Often in tiny little groups.  Theres about nine up above Ll;anrwst   Now you feel intimidated by them.   Go further away, look across some distant valley at unbelievable beauty and th,ere, stuck right in the middle on the other side,  there are often two or three.  NOW thats what I call dispoiling natural beauty.
   So these windfarms are coming regardles.s.  I would 100 per cent rather them out at sea.
   Fester old bean, just take a day off sometime and drive around mid Wales---you will be surprised  Mike

P.S. Ive just thought of another one. And in Yorkshire.
  The village of Haworth (I ve spelt it as its prnounced. I know the spelling is different}     Home to the brontes, the Railway Children.
    go up to where that nasty man used to walk around.  Then look across the valley.  Right on the top, right in the middle is the highest, largest windmill that I have ever see.  Just ONE.  How about that?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #1016 on: July 15, 2012, 10:32:54 am »
Know it well Mike !
Longley Farm Yoghurt plant had the first one that I ever saw in that area, but have you driven across Anglesey recently towards Parys Mountain.? There are lots there.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline white rabbit

• I'm late, I'm late!
« Reply #1017 on: July 15, 2012, 08:02:17 pm »
Mike - I agree with you - they are much better out at sea than spoiling the countryside and I have always believed this

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1018 on: July 16, 2012, 04:59:14 pm »
    How on earth did the Youget factory get planning for it in the first place. And is the big ugly thing making electricity just for them?

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1019 on: July 16, 2012, 05:05:53 pm »
  Believe it or not I dont mind lots of them. What I object to strongly is putting five or six which can be seen six miles away.

Oh, and Fester.  I see you mention "completly untested technology."   They have been around for ten years. Working. Producing electricity.   How long do you want tested?