Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 561011 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #870 on: February 13, 2012, 11:20:56 pm »
Sometimes I look around me and all I can do is shake my head .........the attitude of some people never fails to amaze me, the lack of respect shown towards others quite frankly makes my blood boil  $angry$ Did all this start with my generation I think so as before that we respected our elders the Police, teachers and everyone in authority....well not anymore.    Did my generation really change things for the better.  I remember saying when I was a kid......when I'm older I'll trust my kids and let them stay out late, I won't give them grief and I will always be fair!!  Well look at them now how wrong can we be.  I've always tried to instill respect in my kids but sometimes young people and their attitudes wind me up no end.  it makes you want to grab them and give them a good bloody shake  :rage:
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #871 on: February 13, 2012, 11:26:38 pm »
What's triggered that Ang?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #872 on: February 14, 2012, 12:15:26 am »
Fester I'm a people watcher and some things just don't escape my attention.  I'm the first person to defend the young and that's for a very good reason Matey I truly believe it's my generations fault that they have the lackadaisy attitude they do now.  Parents just like myself decided the best way to bring up kids was to be more understanding, patient, tolerent etc d'know what I mean.  When I was a kid and I know I sound like a geriatric  :roll: I had to call people Aunty "this" and Uncle "that",  teachers were scary, I was always taught to respect my elders,  If I dare be cheeky to my parents I'd get a hiding and god help me if I brought the Police to the door $smack$ did I grow up ok?  Well actually despite what some might say....yes I did and to this day respect is the most important trait in anyone.
I look around me sometimes and things have changed....a lot....you all see it too. 
It's not a personal thing that's triggered this rant tonight Fest it's something that's been on my mind for a long while now.

Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #873 on: February 14, 2012, 09:10:39 am »
You're absolutely right, Miss P.  $good$

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #874 on: February 14, 2012, 09:16:08 am »
Couldn't agree with you more Pen.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #875 on: February 14, 2012, 09:55:20 am »
ME, I think this is the day you're moving.  Hope it all goes well and you, Mrs. ME and the birds are soon settled into your new home. 

££$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #876 on: February 14, 2012, 10:01:21 am »
IT'S not grim up north, according to a survey saying Llandudno is the sixth happiest place to live in the UK.

A survey conducted by online property website Rightmove showed life's a beach in Llandudno, ranking it in the top 10 places to live in the UK. Llandudno followed neighbouring city Chester which was ranked fifth happiest in the happiest towns survey.

The five towns or cities that came out best were all in the North of England, with Carlisle scoring highest, followed by York, Huddersfield, Harrogate and Chester.

The survey questioned 25,000 people about their level of contentment on everything from size, value and decor of their homes to safety, how friendly neighbours are and qualities of local amenities being asked.

Huddersfield took third place whilst Harrogate came fourth, followed by Chester.

Nine out of 10 of the unhappiest places to live were all in London or the South East area. The only unhappiest town in the north was Oldham (see below for the full lists).

VIEWS: We would love to hear what you think about Llandudno being voted the sixth happiest place to live in the UK. Do you live in here? What makes you/ Llandudno happy? Let us now on our Facebook page here or on our Twitter page here

The Happiest

1. Carlisle, 2. York, 3. Huddersfield, 4. Harrogate, 5. Chester, 6. Llandudno, 7. Norwich, 8. Derby, 9. Dorchester and 10. Exeter

The Unhappiest

1. East London, 2. Ilford, 3. South East London, 4. Luton, 5. Romford, 6. Oldham, 7. Enfield, 8. North London, 9. West London and 10. Harrow

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/need_to_read/2012/02/14/llandudno-sixth-happiest-place-to-live-in-the-uk-55578-30328190/

Offline PETER D

« Reply #877 on: February 14, 2012, 12:27:35 pm »
I can confirm South East London has not much to make anyone happy (I live in Sydenham near Crystal Palace).You guys have the coast ,pier,Orme etc.Better paid and plenty of jobs here is the only thing worth staying for.(Born in Colwyn  Bay btw).

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #878 on: February 14, 2012, 06:35:53 pm »
I have been saying the same for 20 odd years...
I am convinced that it started when teachers were BANNED from giving kids a clip round the ear for being out of line.

I got a clout regularly, and if I did... my Mum would give me another!

We all got soft... and the next generation took full advantage.
Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #879 on: February 14, 2012, 11:09:38 pm »
ME, I think this is the day you're moving.  Hope it all goes well and you, Mrs. ME and the birds are soon settled into your new home. 

££$

$thanx$. We are in, all went well, but we have a new modern heating system and we are baffled by how to make it heat up  :rage:  can't get a free view signal either, sky works though!
'
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #880 on: February 14, 2012, 11:49:41 pm »
good luck in your new home ME hope you learn to love it there, and you soon work out your heating, lol

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #881 on: February 14, 2012, 11:57:08 pm »

££$

$thanx$. We are in, all went well, but we have a new modern heating system and we are baffled by how to make it heat up  :rage:  can't get a free view signal either, sky works though!
'

Its a bit chilly to have no heating mate.
Are you making progress with that?
What kind of control panel/system are you looking at?
Don't freeze.... let us know if we can help.
Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #882 on: February 15, 2012, 08:05:01 am »
Sorted now, the knobs on the boiler itself were turned down!  It's a Worcester-Bosch combi boiler, never had such a modern one before! (only 3years old!).  D)
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #883 on: February 15, 2012, 09:26:23 am »
I am so pleased all is well now. I felt for you last night. When we moved here we ended up spending the night in a hotel due to major plumbing problems. Never again!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #884 on: February 15, 2012, 09:32:17 am »
Some sad stories here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17015699

I have to wonder why the younger guy didn't do something like volunteering for a charity? And perhaps he would have more success if he smartened himself up a bit?