Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 561018 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #780 on: January 17, 2012, 11:10:09 pm »
Here's the new formula to test for insanity: Tuesday times 312 minus purple. If the total is chocolate giraffes, you're fine.  ;D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #781 on: January 17, 2012, 11:11:35 pm »
plain or milk chocolate?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #782 on: January 17, 2012, 11:14:11 pm »
Well obviously Milk chocolate ME  &shake&

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #783 on: January 17, 2012, 11:18:30 pm »
i must be mad i got it to caramel

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #784 on: January 17, 2012, 11:26:06 pm »
Starkle Starkle little twink who the heck I are you think, I am not under the alchofluence of Inkahol, like some thinkle peep I am.  Z**

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #785 on: January 17, 2012, 11:30:52 pm »
I'm just sampling a drop of black grouse that i had given to me for Christmas, i hope it doesn't have the same effect

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #786 on: January 18, 2012, 08:17:43 am »
The dandelion eater, all of those brown things, are those it's jobbies? :o

_))* No that is pelleted grass which she sleeps on/in when in her vivarium, being a Horsefield's Tortoise they are a digging variety and the pellets are better for her respiratory system than sand. i.e. less dust.
The jobbies are alot bigger than that-- she weighs 2lb 10 oz, so you can imagine !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #787 on: January 18, 2012, 09:20:07 am »
-- she weighs 2lb 10 oz, so you can imagine !

Almost big enough for the pot!     ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #788 on: January 18, 2012, 09:45:16 am »
Hello everybody, Bad news in the papers today, RBS have pulled the plug on Peacocks. In the various writeups about them I read it was started in Warrington in 1800 something and moved its h q to south wales in the seventy years or so ago. Now---does anyone remember this. Towards the end of the 1940s all the Peacocks stores around this part of north Wales were closed, and lay empty for year after year. I can personally remember the one in Colwyn Bay (somewhere around the theatre I think) and that was definitely empty and I saw others in my travels, Wrexham is one that comes to mind. The cleaver ones amongst us 15 year olds had a solution. They reckoned that whoever the boss of Peacocks was, he had died. In his will he left all these properties to his Wife but the income from either trading or sale of properties he left to a mistress hovering in the background. So the annoyed widow shut them all down, refused to trade and refused to see, so no cash to the mistress. Anyone know if there was any truth in this story?
That's interesting, I never knew that. There is no mention of any problems on the Wikipedia page.

Offline pentan

« Reply #789 on: January 18, 2012, 10:24:31 am »
Imagine a World
Without Free Knowledge

For over a decade, we have spent millions of hours building the largest encyclopedia in human history. Right now, the U.S. Congress is considering legislation that could fatally damage the free and open Internet. For 24 hours, to raise awareness, we are blacking out Wikipedia. Learn more.

I've inserted the active link
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:27:52 am by Ian »

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #790 on: January 18, 2012, 10:31:20 am »
Further to Pentan's link, this is a serious problem that could affect all internet sites:

"Nothing like this has ever happened before on the English Wikipedia. Wikipedians have chosen to black out the English Wikipedia for the first time ever, because we are concerned that SOPA and PIPA will severely inhibit people's access to online information. This is not a problem that will solely affect people in the United States: it will affect everyone around the world.

Why? SOPA and PIPA are badly drafted legislation that won't be effective in their main goal (to stop copyright infringement), and will cause serious damage to the free and open Internet. They put the burden on website owners to police user-contributed material and call for the unnecessary blocking of entire sites. Small sites won't have sufficient resources to defend themselves. Big media companies may seek to cut off funding sources for their foreign competitors, even if copyright isn't being infringed. Foreign sites will be blacklisted, which means they won't show up in major search engines. And, SOPA and PIPA build a framework for future restrictions and suppression."

From the Land of the Free....
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #791 on: January 18, 2012, 10:36:18 am »
Remember the US is controlled by big business and money and - most worryingly - they've achieved an extradition treaty with the UK that's seeing people taken to the US against their will to face potentially long prison sentences.  This is being seen now.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #792 on: January 18, 2012, 10:43:48 am »
Remember the US is controlled by big business and money
Where isn't, really? Money makes the world go round...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #793 on: January 18, 2012, 10:47:37 am »
It is incredible how the extradition treaty was ever agreed to, the world is getting madder every day!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #794 on: January 18, 2012, 11:34:14 am »
Hello Pendragon and. Thanks for. Your enquiry. I'm fine thanks, another 4 or 5 weeks and then it's back up the Orme. Regarding the Wife situation you mention, there are, or where, two. One divorced in 1971' the second a "kicked out husband" in 1992. Both are still friends, indeed I think it fair to say close friends. The first is now a widow, her second husband died very young. Tell you the truth, and I cannot stop laughing myself, we have been separated for twenty years, but ----- guess who's phone rings if the boiler springs a leak!!!