Author Topic: The 3 Towns Coffee centre  (Read 561025 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: The 3 Towns Coffee centre
« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2011, 03:57:40 pm »
Oberstgruppenführer, Ian?  laugh

Nice of you to notice   ;D

Well, had to put something after King of the Hill, didn't I?  I've left you Field Marshall...  WWW WWW

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2011, 06:25:50 pm »
Going back a day or two to the closure of Wellworths, several members expressed the opinion that if Woolworths could'nt make a go of it, then no similar store has any chance. I agree in Llandudno high street. But with one proviso. If a large company selling in a particular fashion fails, it does'ent necessarily mean that a new firm could not succeed in a particular site doing the same thing because the big national company would have had good stores, middling stores and poor stores, and if it had too many poor stores, then end of story. But someone taking one of the closed good sites could do well. Mike  P.S. I was very touched that one of the forum members, who shall remain anonimous to save his blushes, wrote to me whilst I was away on holiday to see if I was O.K.  Thats more than half my own family bothered to do.

I don't blush easily Mike...!
It was after consulting with Dave that I checked on your wellbeing.
Little did I know you were still living like a Maharajah in India.
Don't worry about families, mine only 'check to see if I'm OK', if they WANT something.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2011, 12:14:02 pm »
There's an ad. in todays NWWN re. renting the kiosk in the Great Orme tram station.  Interested Fester? :o

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2011, 06:02:31 pm »
I'm interested in any business opportunity Llechwedd.
I have not seen the ad to which you refer... I don't know what the kiosk is for...but I will be taking a look.

Given the current parlous state of the economy, one has to have a plan B.   

Thanks.
Fester...

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2011, 06:13:52 pm »
It's a refreshment kiosk, together with some outside picnic tables. Waste of time as a business, in my view.

Offline Richard

« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2011, 09:05:47 pm »
The topic is 'What's Llandudno like right now?'

With all due respect, this forum post is now more like a chat line for certain friends.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2011, 09:35:49 pm »
Hmm, Richard... you might have a point, sometimes there is a more appropriate thread for a member to post a topic.... and sometimes we get it a little wrong.
Ian or Dave, as Moderators, very regularly MOVE things around if we make such an error.

Some of us (as a result of this Forum) have indeed become friends, and it is by no means a closed shop.
Hell, they even let me in!

So, feel free to join right in ... and be a member, contributor and a friend.... its amazing how quickly it happens!
Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2011, 10:19:22 pm »
The topic is 'What's Llandudno like right now?'

With all due respect, this forum post is now more like a chat line for certain friends.

I can't see the problem here, anyone can join in, none are excluded, as Fester says as a result of this forum some have us have met and become friends, surely that's a good thing isn't it  ZXZ
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Yorkie

« Reply #218 on: March 11, 2011, 07:43:38 am »
Maybe more use should be made of the PM (personal message) service available on the Forum!     L0L

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: March 11, 2011, 08:45:25 am »

Hi, Richard. Your comment is valid, and it's a trap into which forums tend to fall after a while.  It's human nature that when you chat with the same contributors on a daily basis and even get to know some of them in the real world, topics tend to wander. In this case, however, the deviation was occasioned by the return of one of our forum 'regulars' from far afield, so it was entirely natural for members to want to welcome him back in the place he first posted.  As Fester says, however, Dave and I keep a close eye on what's being said and I often move postings to more suitable topics, particularly if a trend develops that threatens to derail the topic. In this case, it would be something like The Arcade which is a group of topics for general chatting, so I'll probably get round to that later today.

But thanks for taking the time to mention what I know some folk do feel.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:48:25 am by Ian »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

brumbob

« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2011, 12:21:27 pm »
Interesting read.

Before you read to the end,where the answer is. Do you know what the main ingredient of WD-40 is?

I had a neighbour who had bought a new van. I got up very early one Sunday morning and saw that some vandal had spray painted red all around the sides of this white van. I went over and told him the bad news. He was very upset and was trying to work out what to do, probably nothing until Monday morning, since nothing was open.

Another neighbour came out and told him to get some WD-40 and clean it off. It removed the unwanted paint beautifully and did not harm the paint that was on the van. I'm impressed!
WD-40 - how did someone work out it would do that?

'Water Displacement No.40' The product began from a search for rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect missile parts. WD-40 was created in 1953 by three technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company. Its name comes from the project that was to find a 'water displacement' compound. They were successful with the fortieth formulation, thus WD-40. The Convair Company bought it in bulk to protect their atlas missile parts.

Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is nothing in WD-40 that would hurt you. It's the first thing that has ever cleaned that spotty shower screen. If yours is plastic, it works just as well as on glass. It's a miracle! Then try it on your cooker top .... Kazamm! It's now shinier than it's ever been. You'll be amazed.

Here are some other uses:

1. Protects silver from tarnishing.
2. Removes road tar and grime from cars.
3. Cleans and lubricates guitar 20 strings.
4. Gives floors that 'just-waxed' sheen without making them slippery.
5. Keeps flies off cows.
6. Restores and cleans blackboards.
7. Removes lipstick stains.
8. Loosens stubborn zips.
9. Untangles jewelry chains.
10. Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
11. Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
12. Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing.
13. Removes tomato stains from clothing.
14. Keeps glass shower screens free of water spots.
15. Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
16. Keeps scissors working smoothly.
17. Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes.
18. It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor! Use WD-40 for those nasty tar and scuff marks on flooring. It doesn't seem to harm the finish and you won't have to scrub nearly as hard to get them off. Just remember to open some windows if you have a lot of marks.
19. Dead insects will eat away the finish on your car if not removed quickly! Use WD-40!
20. Gives a children's playground gym slide a 20 shine for a super fast slide.
21. WD-40 is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray on the mark and wipe with a clean rag.
22. Also, if you've discovered that your teenage daughter has washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and rewash. Presto! The lipstick is gone!
23. Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open.
24. Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
25. Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, as well as vinyl bumpers.
26. Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27.. Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28. Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for easy handling.
29. Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running smoothly.
30. Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31. Removes splattered grease on stove.
32. Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33. Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34. Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35. Removes all traces of duct tape.
36. Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve arthritis pain.
37. WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a little on live bait or lures and you will be catching the big one in no time. Also, it's a lot cheaper than the chemical attractants that are made for just that purpose.
Keep in mind though, using some chemical laced baits or lures for fishing are not allowed in some counties .
38. Use it for gnat bites. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch.

And for some reason...........spray it on your arthritic knee joints etc and it will ease them.

P. S. The basic ingredient is FISH OIL.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #221 on: March 25, 2011, 12:46:59 pm »
WD40 is petrol based, there is no fish oil in it! You should never spray it on skin,

Composition:
50%: Stoddard solvent (i.e., mineral spirits – primarily hexane, somewhat similar to kerosene)
25%: Liquefied petroleum gas (presumably as a propellant; carbon dioxide is now used instead to reduce WD-40's considerable flammability)
15+%: Mineral oil (light lubricating oil)
10-%: Inert ingredients

Yorkie

« Reply #222 on: March 25, 2011, 01:21:27 pm »
An old friend of mine was an absolute whiz-kid at repairing slot machines and could repair any machine that the other engineers couldn't fix.  They found out after he left them that all he did was spray the innards of the machines to dispell the water using WD 40 or a similar product that he'd obtained from a pal who worked in the Aircraft industry.    It was a few years ago before it was in general use but one must admire his ingenuity.  He never did let on to anyone else all the time he worked for the company!     L0L

brumbob

« Reply #223 on: March 25, 2011, 01:21:53 pm »
 :laugh: I wondered why fish oil would Keeps pigeons off the balcony

yes, best not to spray it on skin
http://www.wd40.co.uk/media/adobe/2/0/WD-40_aerosol_MSDS.pdf

Offline Trojan

« Reply #224 on: March 26, 2011, 08:49:22 pm »
When we were kids, we used to make flamethrowers using cans of WD40.  :twoface:

WD40 Flamethrower 2, High Speed